Author Topic: DiEugenio Says Nobody Should Read This Article About Oliver Stone's "JFK" ...  (Read 934 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Mr. Scully:
I am an admirer of the excellent work by the late Tom Purvis. And was a friend of his, and was fortunate enough to receive all of his newspaper publications.
Re: Garrison. Tom also exposed that whole scam.
I continue to enjoy and appreciate your excellent work.
Re: Mr. Graves. He tries to hijack most - if not all - threads with his USSR theory re: Oswald.
Ok. We got the message.
 Thanks.
P.S. Please continue sharing your work. Much appreciated

John, I am sorry I've overlooked your post until now. I regret not paying closer attention to Tom Purvis's posts on the Ed Forum while he was living and could have been questioned.

I did not take notice until I looked into Ed Butler, Bill Stuckey, and Willard Robertson in fall, 2015. When I struggled to find an explanation for Willard Robertson's success and influence in NOLA and the curious contradiction of his financial backing of both Butler and Garrison, the posts of Tom Purvis were the only source that made any reliable sense of the contradictions.

I welcome any insight or research material you can add that might help persuade others that no one has come as close as Tom Purvis has to explaining Garrison!

Tom: You are citing connections/associations - mostly of a social type, e.g., weddings - among people and then concluding solely from these connections that these same individuals conspired/worked together to do "X" or "Y".

Showing that person "A" knew person "B" does not prove that "A" and "B" got together to do "X". You just show they may have known one another.

In my view, you have presented no evidence that the Garrison investigation was a deliberate sham - done with Garrison's cooperation - designed to divert attention away from a serious followup investigation.

As to Lambert and QK/ENCHANT: I think her characterization of it and Shaw's role (if any) was fair and honest. Mellen's criticism - and she's a Garrisonite - was wrong. But in my view nearly everything Mellen says about the assassination is wrong (the Trade Mart was NOT, in my opinion, run by CIA operatives). She is right that JFK was killed in Dallas, though.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/4471-rex/
Tom Purvis - Posted 20 July, 2005
.....Maids....
....Of course, other Queens of COMUS include the daughter of General Robert E. Lee as well as the daughter of Jefferson Davis

Post #5:
Robert Howard: Would you care to elaborate?

Tom Purvis: Only the daughters of the uppermost "Southern Elite" secured such positions.
Steve, here is a much fairer response to your (unswayable) opinion than I think yours is to my presented facts.
I do not have a time machine or an outsized budget for this, such as the financial resources of a John Armstrong, but I believe I have achieved actual history altering results while, in reality, making very few conclusions about anything, save for the assertion, considering all of the known facts, no one has so far gotten this right, not Weissberg, Davy, Mellen, Stone, DiEugenio. Lambert, McAdams, Holland, Donald H Carpenter, Lesar, Morley, the extant released CIA records, or even the representations by Nicholas B. Lemann!

The grave of NOLA CIA chief William P Burke's daughter.:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/100520469/constance-ivy-fedoroff

Constance Ivy Burke.....
Daughter of Mrs. William P. Burke

Queen MKC 1950.

Walker Spencer happened to be the Hill School and Princeton roommate of "the father of the U2", Phl Strong, and the best man of William P Burke.

Spencer and Strong were very likely close to C. Douglas Jackson at the Hill School in Pottstown....
Mr. Graves regularly reacts negatively to such interesting coincidences.
https://www.tor.com/2013/08/09/toby-barlow-cia-agent-babayaga/
I Never Knew My Grandfather, Only What He Pretended to Be ...
Aug 9, 2013 - My grandfather sits on a train, waiting. It is early spring, 1937. His name is Philip Strong and he has boarded here in the Hamburg station, ...

During the 1936 trip to Germany described by Phil Strong's grandson, the man who was Time, Inc. chief editor on the day JFK was shot, just happened to be a German American journalist who served as Strong's guide!

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/30/us/30fuerbringer.html
Jul 30, 2008 - Otto Fuerbringer, the hard-driving, conservative-leaning managing editor of Time magazine during the political and social upheavals of the ...

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 07:24:15 AM by Tom Scully »

Online Jon Banks

Oliver Stone's JFK is actually the greatest political thriller Hollywood has ever made.

It's still an entertaining and politically relevant work of art despite the historical inaccuracies.

Online Gerry Down

Re: DiEugenio Says Nobody Should Read This Article About Oliver Stone's "JFK" ...
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 11:03:04 PM »
Oliver Stone's JFK is actually the greatest political thriller Hollywood has ever made.

It's still an entertaining and politically relevant work of art despite the historical inaccuracies.

True. And it made Oliver Stone a millionaire. Most people have never read the Warren Report but they probably (if over 30 years old) have seen the JFK movie.

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

Re: DiEugenio Says Nobody Should Read This Article About Oliver Stone's "JFK" ...
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2020, 03:47:47 PM »
John, I am sorry I've overlooked your post until now. I regret not paying closer attention to Tom Purvis's posts on the Ed Forum while he was living and could have been questioned.

I did not take notice until I looked into Ed Butler, Bill Stuckey, and Willard Robertson in fall, 2015. When I struggled to find an explanation for Willard Robertson's success and influence in NOLA and the curious contradiction of his financial backing of both Butler and Garrison, the posts of Tom Purvis were the only source that made any reliable sense of the contradictions.

I welcome any insight or research material you can add that might help persuade others that no one has come as close as Tom Purvis has to explaining Garrison!
Steve, here is a much fairer response to your (unswayable) opinion than I think yours is to my presented facts.
I do not have a time machine or an outsized budget for this, such as the financial resources of a John Armstrong, but I believe I have achieved actual history altering results while, in reality, making very few conclusions about anything, save for the assertion, considering all of the known facts, no one has so far gotten this right, not Weissberg, Davy, Mellen, Stone, DiEugenio. Lambert, McAdams, Holland, Donald H Carpenter, Lesar, Morley, the extant released CIA records, or even the representations by Nicholas B. Lemann!

The grave of NOLA CIA chief William P Burke's daughter.:

Walker Spencer happened to be the Hill School and Princeton roommate of "the father of the U2", Phl Strong, and the best man of William P Burke.

Spencer and Strong were very likely close to C. Douglas Jackson at the Hill School in Pottstown....
Mr. Graves regularly reacts negatively to such interesting coincidences.
During the 1936 trip to Germany described by Phil Strong's grandson, the man who was Time, Inc. chief editor on the day JFK was shot, just happened to be a German American journalist who served as Strong's guide!

Fascinating....

Offline Michael T. Griffith

• JFK Assassination Web Page
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2020, 08:09:53 PM »
Oliver Stone's JFK could and should have been much more accurate. The movie gets a lot of things right, but it gets a lot of things wrong. Its general thrust is certainly correct, but many--not all, but many--of its supporting details are wrong. It is most unfortunate that Stone chose to trust people such as Fletcher Prouty. Dr. David Wrone tried to tell Stone that the script contained numerous factual errors that could be corrected without reducing the movie's power and thrust, but many of the errors that Wrone identified in the script were never fixed.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 08:10:35 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

• JFK Assassination Web Page
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2020, 12:57:39 AM »
It is very ironic that Oliver Stone's movie JFK was the reason I became interested in the JFK assassination. At the time, I was even more conservative than I am now. I had no use for JFK. I had even less use for Oliver Stone's politics. I could not have cared less that JFK had been assassinated. I believed that Oswald shot JFK and that Oswald was a Soviet agent (because Reader's Digest told me so). I viewed JFK conspiracy theorists as left-wing extremists.

When I saw the movie JFK, I thought to myself, "Even if JFK was a rotten president, we can't have elements in the government executing a president because they don't like his politics."

Of course, later I learned that JFK was not the left-winger that I had been led to believe he was.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 12:58:40 AM by Michael T. Griffith »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2020, 01:26:17 AM »
It is very ironic that Oliver Stone's movie JFK was the reason I became interested in the JFK assassination. At the time, I was even more conservative than I am now. I had no use for JFK. I had even less use for Oliver Stone's politics. I could not have cared less that JFK had been assassinated. I believed that Oswald shot JFK and that Oswald was a Soviet agent (because Reader's Digest told me so). I viewed JFK conspiracy theorists as left-wing extremists.

When I saw the movie JFK, I thought to myself, "Even if JFK was a rotten president, we can't have elements in the government executing a president because they don't like his politics."

Of course, later I learned that JFK was not the left-winger that I had been led to believe he was.

There seems to be conspiracy theorists on both side. The left say rich oil men killed Kennedy and the right say the marxist Castro killed Kennedy.

Mobile View