Author Topic: Framing a patsy  (Read 41945 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: Framing a patsy
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2012, 02:34:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If he had hidden the rifle and the shells in a more secure place, he would not have to "haul azz" at all ...... He worked in the building and thus was expected to be there, remember? Baker did not let him go for nothing....

But how did Oswald know someone outside wasn't about to enter the building with some police and identify him, if he hung around?

The hiding place he used was in a place where he had only to drop the rifle down into a gap between some rows of boxes. He could have decided on it earlier, or noticed it as he got to the NW corner. By then, he hadn't encountered anyone, had only one bullet, didn't feel like killing for awhile, and thought he just might get out the back steps, if he discards the rifle before anyone in the building sees him with it.

Hanging around the upper floors with no one to vouch for him wasn't a good idea. One of the reasons the Lunchroom Encounter worked out for him was because Baker and Truly figured he was at that floor level all along.

Remember, Baker was climbing the stairs with his revolver drawn. Oswald must have anticipated the thought of police going upstairs just after the assassination. He couldn't linger there. However, after the Lunchroom Encounter, he could have lingered around the workplace and blended in. Maybe take up chat with Mrs. Reid. Down that Coke and finish off that two-foot sub he brought to work. Belch a while. Then try to leave when all the exits were sealed.

Offline Lee Johnson

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2012, 03:00:29 AM »
I don't understand this theorizing on why Oswald didn't plan his escape better and why it proves anything. He did escape and it was a very similar MO as the Walker shooting. Hide the rifle, walk away, grab a bus. It was a very good plan and didn't require a lot of thought -- thought that had to be concentrated on the assassination itself.

If he'd planned to actually beat a rap on the assassination and had planned well in advance, he would have made sure the rifle was untraceable to him (which he perhaps thought was true) and made sure he left no fingerprints. After that, it's just a question of slipping onto a lower floor. As it was, we've got people arguing it couldn't have been him because he got down there too fast.

It was a crime of opportunity -- and Oswald probably figured that was what was important, and that maybe he could slip away. But I don't think Oz thought that he was really going to get away from a crime that big and with that many people around.

I suppose in hindsight you could argue that he could have done some things differently. But his quick, low-tech, simple plan worked. He killed the president, got out of the building, and got home. If he'd known how to drive, he would have had a police car in Oak Cliff, which would have delayed catching him for some time. That's especially true if Oswald knew how a police officer sounds on a police radio -- he could've diverted people away from him and used that car to carjack another car -- possibly wouldn't have been picked up for a few days. Maybe he could've hijacked a plane to Cuba.

I think Oz was realistic that there was very little chance of his getting away regardless of circumstances.

Online Colin Crow

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2012, 05:39:04 AM »
You mean no one saw a rifle? Not even Buell or anyone else? Well it must have been well hidden I guess.
Why not pick up the shells put the rifle back in its bag and hide it somewhere that will confuse anyone looking for it? He had the time to plan it at least.
When I say bury Ron I don't mean it literally. I keep forgetting you're still at LN school.

If it was me. I'd have spend time looking for a wall or ceiling cavity to stash easily by dropping. Maybe something that requires demolition to find. No way I'd leave shells behind. I would have brought the handgun to work "just in case". I don't think I'd bother disassembling the gun, probably make it bigger.....too much trouble for 3 inches. Full clip would be good if I had the bulllets.

Online Colin Crow

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2012, 05:42:36 AM »
Yes Paul, I'm so far behind in LN school, I still think he never really thought he would get out of the building.

Then why bring $13 that morning. How much for a pair of shoes for Junie?

Online Colin Crow

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2012, 05:55:49 AM »
The reality is the is no way Oswald could have known it would take more than half an hour to find the SN. Brennan reported within 3 mitutes to the cops what he saw. Euins in a similar timeframe. If he had taken the taxi first rather than the bus he had half an hour travel time. He needed to escape the country asap to have any chance. Then again.....always polite (lady have my cab)....and always a cheapskate...even when his own existance is at stake...bus transfer LOL.

Online Bill Brown

« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2012, 07:05:09 AM »
LHO didn't just drop the rifle down between some boxes. Read the testimony of the officers who found it. It was buried beneath a stack of boxes. How did they know to look in the NW corner of the 6th floor?

:cop:

There's a photo of the rifle in place.  It was not "buried beneath a stack of boxes".  Do you know anything at all about this case, Bob?

Also, you're not aware that the entire sixth floor was searched, when looking for the weapon?  I mean, really?

Online Colin Crow

« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2012, 07:53:01 AM »
:cop:

There's a photo of the rifle in place.  It was not "buried beneath a stack of boxes".  Do you know anything at all about this case, Bob?

Also, you're not aware that the entire sixth floor was searched, when looking for the weapon?  I mean, really?

Mr. BOONE - Well, I proceeded to the east end of the building, I guess, and started working our way across the building to the west wall, looking in, under, and around all the boxes and pallets, and what-have-you that were on the floor. Looking for the weapon. And as I got to the west wall, there were a row of windows there, and a slight space between some boxes and the wall. I squeezed through them.
When I did--I had my light in my hand. I was slinging it around on the floor, and I caught a glimpse of the rifle, stuffed down between two rows of boxes with another box or so pulled over the top of it. And I hollered that the rifle was here.