Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Anne Goodpasture HSCA Testimony Confirms Oswald Voice Match in Mexico City  (Read 2671 times)

Offline Lee Wotton

Advertisement
The testimony of Anne Goodpasture concludes that the audio tape voices in MC were indeed a match for Oswald's voice despite no photos of Oswald existing.  It's a large document but the last 10 or 20 pages home in on the conclusion.

http://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/180-10110-10029.pdf

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jerry Freeman

Who in hell is Anne Goodpasture?
Sound like a James Bond character.
Did the WC know about all this?
Funny...on page 3 Goodpasture states that she 'cannot hear' ...she 'uses a hearing aid' ;D

Online Steve M. Galbraith

The testimony of Anne Goodpasture concludes that the audio tape voices in MC were indeed a match for Oswald's voice despite no photos of Oswald existing.  It's a large document but the last 10 or 20 pages home in on the conclusion.

http://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/180-10110-10029.pdf

Where exactly does she say this? You can give a specific page and quote her on the matter.

From my reading, Goodpasture says that the CIA translator/transcriber of the calls - Boris Tarasoff - did a voice comparison of the two phone calls that Oswald made and said the voice was the same. But he didn't know the voice was Oswald's.

And it wasn't any sort of technical comparison. He didn't compare the voice to an actual tape of Oswald's voice. He just said the same person - he didn't know who it was at the time - made the two calls. One to the Soviet Embassy on September 28, 1963 and another on October 1, 1963. I believe it was these two calls that he said were made by the same person.

Here's the key passage, pg. 138:

Goodpasture: "The way it was used [the voice comparison], to me it would also mean that a person who had listened to two tapes at different times and said they were the same, that it would be a comparison by him.

Mr. Dodd: That was considered a bona fide voice comparison?

Goodpasture: Not in the technical sense that you are referring to. You are correct...

Goodpasture: A better way to explain it wold have been, probably, if this occurred, would have been to have said that the transcriber who listened to both tapes said that it was the same person rather than using the terim "voice comparison."

In his testimony to the HSCA this is exactly what Tarasoff said he did. He just identified the caller on the two calls as the same person.

FWIW, the Lopez report concluded that Oswald did go to Mexico City but may have been impersonated when he was there.

That report is here: https://www.history-matters.com/archive/contents/hsca/contents_hsca_lopezrpt_2003.htm

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:57:20 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Matt Grantham

It seems Ms Goodpasture did not know who made the recordings Not a problem apparently

It seems Ms Goodpasture did not know who made the recordings Not a problem apparently

Where does she suggest that? She goes over in some detail the electronic listening program. The CIA shared the program with the Mexican government. She explains how many lines there were, what was done with the calls, who translated them, what was done with the tapes and transcripts. Pretty detailed explanation.

The recordings were done by that program.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Matt Grantham

Where does she suggest that? She goes over in some detail the electronic listening program. The CIA shared the program with the Mexican government. She explains how many lines there were, what was done with the calls, who translated them, what was done with the tapes and transcripts. Pretty detailed explanation.

The recordings were done by that program.

Pages 77 and 62 though I cannot find the exact quote I thought I saw earlier

Pages 77 and 62 though I cannot find the exact quote I thought I saw earlier

The program was code named LIENVOY.

Here's more information: https://www.maryferrell.org/php/cryptdb.php?id=LIENVOY

There's a lot of confusion as to what happened to the specific tapes after they were transcribed. Goodpasture said that they would be erased and re-used; they couldn't keep all of the tapes due to space limitations.

But Win Scott, the CIA station chief in Mexico City, was quoted by several people as having retained copies of the calls. And some people (WC staffers David Slawson and William Coleman) say they heard the tapes after the assassination. But the accounts are at odds (Slawson has both said he heard the tapes and he didn't hear the tapes) and nobody, it seems to me, really knows what's the true story.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 12:32:35 AM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum