Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bullet hole in windshield on JFK's Limo  (Read 64771 times)

Offline Jake Maxwell

Re: Bullet hole in windshield on JFK's Limo
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2018, 04:42:56 PM »
Advertisement
Patrick, I believe that is the best photo of the windshield available (I assume from the National Archives). I did a Powerpoint 180 flip to match up to the Limo photo from 1963 (which I assume is what we see on the right side panel) - and also changed the angle on the Archives photo to try to match them up... There seem to be enough characteristics to say they are the same windshield, in my opinion.
As Royell commented, neither of these seems to have a bullet hole (at least not one the size of a pencil or so). There does seem to be some material chipped off, which appears to be on the inside, suggesting to me that whatever struck the windshield likely came from the outside... Of course, a glass expert would need to examine and confirm..

« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 08:44:46 PM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2018, 04:42:56 PM »

Offline Patrick Jackson

« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2018, 05:07:20 PM »
Patrick, I believe that is the best photo of the windshield available (I assume from the National Archives). I did a Powerpoint 180 flip to match up to the Limo photo from 1963 (which I assume is on the right side panel) - and also changed the angle on the Archives photo to try to match them up... There seem to be enough characteristics to say they are the same windshield, in my opinion. As Royell commented, neither of these seems to have a bullet hole (at least not one the size of a pencil or so). There does seem to be some material chipped off, which appears to be on the inside, suggesting to me that whatever struck the windshield likely came from the outside... Of course, a glass expert would need to examine and confirm..

JFK limo windshield had three layers, glass-plastic-glass. I had no doubt there is no hole in it but it is very hard to conclude if the damage is from the inside or outside. I tend to believe it is from the outside. In the area of the impact both glass layers cracked but but there is no hole, at least not a bullet hole. If there is a hole it is 1-2mm, not more than that. Is there a procedure ordinary citizen to ask NARA to see and check the windshield? It would bring the final conclusion to the JFK assassination researchers.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2018, 11:13:46 PM »

Good work, Jake. I tried to see how it might look at/close to scale.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 03:33:29 PM by Jerry Organ »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2018, 11:13:46 PM »

Offline Patrick Jackson

« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2018, 11:43:44 PM »
Patrick, I believe that is the best photo of the windshield available (I assume from the National Archives). I did a Powerpoint 180 flip to match up to the Limo photo from 1963 (which I assume is what we see on the right side panel) - and also changed the angle on the Archives photo to try to match them up... There seem to be enough characteristics to say they are the same windshield, in my opinion.
As Royell commented, neither of these seems to have a bullet hole (at least not one the size of a pencil or so). There does seem to be some material chipped off, which appears to be on the inside, suggesting to me that whatever struck the windshield likely came from the outside... Of course, a glass expert would need to examine and confirm..

Jake, by flipping the NARA image and placing it next to the White house garage photo, you have done one great thing, proved that the damage was OUTSIDE!!! You can clearly see the depth of the lines. Damage and cracks were on the outside glass layer of the windshield. When there is a crack on the three layer windshield, crack is usually on one glass layer, does not transfer to both glass layers and this was the casa with the Lincoln windshield. Crack lines are only on the outside glass layer.

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2018, 12:15:41 AM »
Thanks Jerry... Patrick's posting of a very clear image gave me some hope that a visual comparison might be useful...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2018, 12:15:41 AM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2018, 02:09:55 AM »
Those seeing a hole in the windshield can exactly point where the hole is?

There is no hole in the windshield.

Who knows where and when this was taken? Witnesses that saw the windshield on November 22, 1963, after the assassination saw a bullet hole.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2018, 02:22:00 AM »
Who knows where and when this was taken? 
I agree. Where did that photo come from again?
Is that picture logged [officially] into the Warren Report Exhibits?
If not..it is just a random photo of anything.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2018, 02:22:00 AM »

Offline Patrick Jackson

« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2018, 03:13:24 AM »
I agree. Where did that photo come from again?
Is that picture logged [officially] into the Warren Report Exhibits?
If not..it is just a random photo of anything.
Gentlemen, do your homework:

https://catalog.archives.gov/id/305143