Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bullet hole in windshield on JFK's Limo  (Read 61739 times)

Offline Rob Caprio

Re: Bullet hole in windshield on JFK's Limo
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2018, 06:16:17 PM »
Advertisement
No, she was assessing the evidence and the witness statements. Always a good exercise.

Then I have no idea what she was "assessing" as numerous witnesses described a bullet hole in the windshield of the limousine. Most of them were trained observers too.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2018, 06:16:17 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2018, 06:41:07 PM »
Then I have no idea what she was "assessing" as numerous witnesses described a bullet hole in the windshield of the limousine. Most of them were trained observers too.

Why not read her assessment before dismissing it then?

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2018, 09:23:39 PM »
So Mr. George Whitaker Sr. said in writing that there was a hole in the windshield but never wanted anyone to know that he said that until he was dead and gone. I find that to be a very smart move on Mr. Whitaker's part . It game him more time to live, unlike Dorothy Kilgallen who left life a little earlier !

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2018, 09:23:39 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2018, 09:34:57 PM »
So Mr. George Whitaker Sr. said in writing that there was a hole in the windshield but never wanted anyone to know that he said that until he was dead and gone. I find that to be a very smart move on Mr. Whitaker's part . It game him more time to live, unlike Dorothy Kilgallen who left life a little earlier !

Any evidence that what Mr Whitaker said is true? Any evidence that Dorothy Kilgallen's death was suspicious? Any evidence here death was connected to the JFK assassination?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:37:08 PM by Nicholas Turner »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2018, 10:55:01 PM »
Analysis by Barb Junkkarinen concludes that there was no through hole in the windscreen but rather damage to the inner surface which remains consistent in the different photographs, disproving the windscreen switch idea. An interesting read.
Damage to the inner surface would seem to be consistent with a sharp blow from the opposite side...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 10:57:53 PM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2018, 10:55:01 PM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2018, 11:05:33 PM »
I would think that a crack in a piece of glass is as distinct as a fingerprint... We seem to have a pretty good picture (if legit) of the windshield crack from 1963... and allegedly we have the actual windshield that was removed from the limo in the National Archives. A good closeup HD image of the windshield in the National Archives would allow a good enough comparison that would, perhaps, help us determine if the two windshield images are from the very same windshield. What I have seen so far says they are very possibly not from the same windshield....

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2018, 11:44:43 PM »
So Mr. George Whitaker Sr. said in writing that there was a hole in the windshield but never wanted anyone to know that he said that until he was dead and gone. I find that to be a very smart move on Mr. Whitaker's part . It game him more time to live, unlike Dorothy Kilgallen who left life a little earlier!
Read what Pam McElwain Brown, who knows more about ss100x than anyone else, has written about Whitaker and the limo. She found that there was no "repair garage" in Building B in '63, contra Whitaker's claims. She also notes that the limo had a standard '61 Continental windshield from the day it rolled off the line at Wixom until it was rebuilt after the assassination. It wasn't "made special" as Whitaker would have you believe, and a replacement didn't need to be custom-made, either. She's noted that the limo was built in Wixom, Michigan, had its chassis stretched at the Ford Experimental Garage at the Ford Proving Ground, and all the extra coachwork and interior were custom-made to fit by Hess and Eisenhardt in Ohio. Ford generally, and River Rouge in particular, didn't have the expertise to replace the interior; that's why it had been farmed out to H&E in the first place. There are too many problems with Whitaker's story to take it seriously, and that's why he didn't want to see it public in the first place. He simply didn't want to live to eat his words.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 12:09:37 AM by Mitch Todd »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2018, 11:44:43 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2018, 12:57:54 AM »
Damage to the inner surface would seem to be consistent with a sharp blow from the opposite side...

I don't see why. A bullet fragment hitting the inner surface is more likely isn't it.