Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bullet hole in windshield on JFK's Limo  (Read 61709 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Bullet hole in windshield on JFK's Limo
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 12:55:03 AM »
Advertisement
I asked the chain of custody question earlier, so I should have stated no chain of custody that anyone here has so far provided. I should have stated that differently

It still not clear what you mean by chain of custody though. What would constitute as a chain of custody. Is there a timeframe that you have in mind? And what would be the purpose of said chain of custody of the windshield?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 12:55:03 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 01:07:22 AM »
It still not clear what you mean by chain of custody though. What would constitute as a chain of custody. Is there a timeframe that you have in mind? And what would be the purpose of said chain of custody of the windshield?

Same importance as it had for other evidence such as CE 399

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 01:10:08 AM »
Same importance as it had for other evidence such as CE 399

Which was what exactly?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 01:10:08 AM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 01:17:43 AM »
Which was what exactly?

Who was responsible for the possession and integrity of evidence

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 01:27:14 AM »
Who was responsible for the possession and integrity of evidence

That doesn't answer my question. What exactly was the importance of maintaining an intact chain of custody of the windshield? I believe that I've shown you before a chain of custody of CE-399. Have I not? Would you like to see it again? I don't know if a similarly intact one is available for the windshield or not. I'll look.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 01:27:14 AM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 01:58:10 AM »
That doesn't answer my question. What exactly was the importance of maintaining an intact chain of custody of the windshield? I believe that I've shown you before a chain of custody of CE-399. Have I not? Would you like to see it again? I don't know if a similarly intact one is available for the windshield or not. I'll look.

Why was the windshield removed in the 1st place? Wasn't it crucial crime scene evidence that should have been left in situ? Aren't you supposed to preserve evidence instead of obliterate or tamper with it in any way? And didn't the SS and FBI know any of this before they tampered with it? Of course they did. No one would be that incompetent, unless...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 02:00:25 AM by Jack Trojan »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2018, 01:59:37 AM »

No need to redo CE399 Thanks for being willing to take a look Also the question remains of the three separate defects on the windshield and window frame and rear view mirror Has anyone done an analysis of what he estimated size of these fragments would need to have been to create said damage? Not saying you have special responsibility to know but to me at least it would seem like a logical calculation to see if the head-shot was capable of all it needed to be responsible for If I recall correctly the four fragments from the head of JFK took up at least three fifths of its mass

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2018, 01:59:37 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2018, 02:05:07 AM »
Why was the windshield removed in the 1st place? Wasn't it crucial crime scene evidence that should have been left in situ? Aren't you supposed to preserve evidence instead of obliterate or tamper with it in any way? And didn't the SS and FBI know any of this before they tampered with it? Of course they did. No one would be that incompetent, unless...

The windshield was removed because they wanted the limo to be put back into service. It was preserved long enough. It was thoroughly examined. Measurements and photographs were taken of it. It remained essentially unaltered except for the addition of some cracks to it during its  removal on Nov 26. There was never a hole in it.