Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The missing witness on Book Depository Stairway  (Read 16031 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: The missing witness on Book Depository Stairway
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2018, 11:13:51 PM »
Advertisement
The Adams, Styles, Lovelady and Shelly meeting was used by the WC to decide when Adams and Styles descended
You have one out of four people in an encounter, recorded as having reported it occurring, and that one person now denies that it occurred and insist that the record was altered.
No one else, even with prompting from counsel, can remember it.
The Stroud document has Garner giving a testimony that would invalidate a late descent.

There were 4 women together on the 4th floor, 2 of them descend. It just beggars belief that the other two woman weren't officially used to confirm when the descent occurred.

The encounter with Lovelady and Shelley does rule out an early descent. CTs get themselves all worked up over things like that. And for nothing really.  The fact is that an early descent by Adams and Styles would do nothing to exonerate Oswald. If they had descended early, they would have been traveling very rapidly down those wooden stairs and making a lot of noise in the process. Oswald would have simply followed down behind them, unseen and unheard by anyone.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2018, 11:13:51 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2018, 01:09:21 AM »

"Across its top was the handwritten notation, ?Adams, Vicki.? The single sheet was a copy of a registered letter sent by airmail to J. Lee Rankin in Washington. It was signed by Martha Joe Stroud, an assistant U.S. attorney, on behalf of Barefoot Sanders, the U.S. attorney for Dallas. 1 The date typed under its Department of Justice letterhead was June 2, 1964. Miss Stroud was forwarding to Rankin a copy of Miss Adams? signed deposition, taken less than two months earlier, on April 7, in that same office by Commission counsel David Belin. During the intervening time, the official transcript of her questioning had been prepared and then shown to Miss Adams. In her letter to Rankin, Miss Stroud listed half a dozen errors Miss Adams had identified in her testimony and wanted corrected. 2 As a way of refreshing Rankin?s memory, Miss Stroud wrote, ?Mr. Bellin [sic] was questioning Miss Adams about whether or not she saw anyone as she was running down the stairs.? 3 It was Miss Stroud?s next sentence, the final one in the text, that punched me in the gut. ?Miss Garner, Miss Adams? supervisor, stated this morning that after Miss Adams went downstairs she (Miss Garner) saw Mr. Truly and the policeman come up.? 4

Ernest, Barry. Girl on the Stairs, The (Kindle Locations 4088-4099). Pelican Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Now tell me Tim, if you were Mr Belin would you have investigated the matter re Garner further?

If not, why not?

The corrections listed in the Stroud document are found in the signed copy of Adams' deposition transcript.

If I were Belin and was aware of the Garner statement then I would have investigated the matter. I doubt that Belin was aware of the statement.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 01:10:23 AM »
Except - Mr Belin didn't believe Adam's account of an immediate exit down the NW stairwell. She was discredited despite neither Lovelady and Shelley supporting her "version" of events. The WR LIED when it stated that Lovelady saw Victoria Adams on the first floor.

Neither Adams nor Styles were key material witnesses but their early descent proved that neither Baker nor Truly had entered the NW stairwell until AFTER both woman had exited. Further the lifts were not operating immediately post shots.

The issue that the WC completely avoided was the remaining SIX women on the Fourth floor.

Staggering when one considers this:

Mr. DULLES. There were some people on the fourth floor?

Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir. I remember seeing maybe two or three women standing in the window, looking out the window.

How could a senior member of the WC not know that there were EIGHT women on the 4th floor - a point that Lee had to cross on the landing in order to go down to the third floor?

Consider that Garner heard Adams and Styles go down the stairwell.

So where was Garner? There was a row of windows along the WESTERN wall to observe the rail yard. The WESTERN wall ran alongside the NW stairwell.

Did Garner hear or see anyone come down the NW stairwell? No.

Where do think Garner thought the shots had come from?

"I thought at the time the shots or reports came from a point to the west of the building".

FBI Statement
Dallas, Texas
March 20, 1964

If she followed Adams and Styles out into the open floor where do you think she placed herself to view the rail yard?

The WR did NOT lie when it stated that Lovelady saw Victoria Adams on the first floor.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 01:10:23 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2018, 01:13:58 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2018, 01:18:52 AM »
Anthony,

There were EIGHT women on the fourth floor and only Adams was called up.

Neither lovelady nor Shelley support Adams "recollections" which in itself is significant.

There is nothing anywhere that indicated that lee was even up on the 6th floor or went into the NW stairwell post shots.

Nothing.

We have long debated the WC Hoax of Oswald coming down those stairs and then ducking into the 2nd Floor Lunchroom. Same goes for Officer Baker spotting Oswald attempting this Shuck-N-Jive. This WC chain of lies repeatedly collapses when looked at closely.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2018, 01:18:52 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2018, 01:31:52 AM »
Which was an enclosure along with the Stroud letter. None of her changes were incorporated yet the changes done by Mr Belin were.

So what? That doesn't negate the fact that she notated and signed the transcript.

I doubt that Belin was aware of the statement.

Who questioned Dorothy Garner?

I don't know who questioned Garner. The Stroud document doesn't say who did.

Don't you think that one requires more than just speculation to point a finger at Lee Harvey Oswald as being an assassin and coming down the NW stairwell post shots?

There's much much more than just speculation that points to Lee Harvey Oswald as being the assassin who came down the NW stairwell post shots.

Name one person who saw or heard anyone come down the NW stairwell within 2 minutes post shots?

So, you're conceding that Adams and Styles didn't come down the NW stairwell within 2 minutes post shots?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »
What the HELL are you smoking Tim? Seriously :(

Couldn't swear = I have NFI who I saw. A defense attorney would of chewed and spat out Lovelady on a comment like that.

I just don't know with you Tim.

Courts don't deal with "I couldn't swear to statements" That is completely non-committal.

The WR strung the bow of BS so tight it snapped.

Not only that, but there was no mention of a Vickie in the recorded testimony before Lovelady said "I wouldn't swear to it it's Vickie".  So what did Ball say to Lovelady off the record about Vickie beforehand?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:13:47 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2018, 10:15:12 PM »
No only that, but there was no mention of a Vickie in the recorded testimony before Lovelady said "I wouldn't swear to it it's Vickie".  So what did Ball say to Lovelady off the record about Vickie beforehand?

Sign of obvious collusion. There was absolutely no reason for him to say "I wouldn't swear it was Vickie".

It's little gems like this which blow the whole story apart.