Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: There was No Roll Call at the TSBD !  (Read 28931 times)

Offline Gary Craig

Re: There was No Roll Call at the TSBD !
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2018, 03:10:42 PM »
Advertisement

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2018, 03:10:42 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2018, 08:39:09 PM »
Oswald had the thick neck of a fullback, potentially adding pounds in an observer's 'minds eye' when the lower half of the body is not visible.

That's one thick neck.  LOL

Besides, didn't Brennan claim to see the guy from his belt up?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2018, 08:45:06 PM »
What burden of proof? You were simply asked if not LHO then who, or any evidence there even was somebody else. If you ae unable to provide an answer of any kind simply state you don't know what happened you just know what did not happen.

I don't know what happened.  Now let's get back to your bogus justification for Oswald being "the most likely candidate".

Near sighted meant the TSBD was close and she could see things up close.

You don't know where the Rowlands were standing, do you?

Seriously? Quite a group. Don't just throw out their names like it is meaningful. How about quote them and relate their statements and the dates of the statements and people who either corroborate the statement or say it never happened like Springer or were you hoping I would do that for you.

I'm not hoping for anything from you.  You obviously don't know the evidence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2018, 08:45:06 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2018, 03:07:32 AM »

Only a Joe Idiott would believe in the WC tale about Oswald reported missing.

Wow. I have run into someone clever enough to come up with that pun since the third grade. Some CTers are not as clever as they imagine themselves to be.

Further to the hilarious explanation of Oswald missing...

Representative FORD. When you noticed the police assembling the employees after the assassination, what prompted you to think that Oswald was not among them?
Mr. TRULY. I have asked myself that many times. I cannot give an answer. Unless it was the fact that I knew he was on the second floor, I had seen him 10 or 15 minutes, or whatever it was, before that. That might have brought that boy's name to my mind--because I was looking over there and he was the only one I missed at that time that I could think of. Subconsciously it might have been because I saw him on the second floor and I knew he was in the building.

Combine this with:

representative FORD. Had there been any traits that you had noticed from the time of his employment that might have made you think then that there was a connection between the shooting and Oswald?
Mr. TRULY. Not at all. In fact, I was fooled so completely by the sound of--the direction of the shot, that I did not believe still did not believe maybe I could not force myself to believe, that the shots came from that building until I learned that they found the gun and the shells there. So I had no feeling whatever that they did come from there.

Now, since he did not learn of any gun found until he talked to Fritz (Oswald missing) his subconscious mind didn't really have anything to work with to motivate Truly to report Oswald, did it?

From Mr. Truly?s statement to the Warren Commission taken down about six months after the assassination, we learn that Mr. Truly first started to suspect his employees when he heard that a rifle was found in the building. However, from the statement he gave the police the next day:

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth340660/m1/1/

we learn he actually started to wonder if any of his employees could have been the assassin when he heard that an officer state that the shot came from one of the windows of his building. So the order events are:

1.   The assassination took place.
2.   Mr. Truly guided Officer Baker though the building, where Officer Baker drew a gun on Oswald on the second floor but Mr. Truly said he was an employee.
3.   Mr. Truly heard that a shot was fired from his building.
4.   Mr. Truly started to wonder if any of his employees could have been the assassin.
5.   Mr. Truly asked other employees if they have seen Oswald.
6.   Mr. Truly alerts the police that one of his employee?s was in the building at the time of the shooting, but now appears to be missing.
7.   Mr. Truly head that a rifle was found in the building on the sixth floor.

So, this is not a case of Mr. Truly first drawing the police?s attention to Oswald, only to learn later that it appears likely that the shots were fired from his building. Instead, it happened in the reverse order.

People?s memories are more reliable shortly after an event, not six months later. Mr. Truly heard two pieces of bad news:

1.   Some witnesses thought the shots came from his building.
2.   A rifle was found in the building.

The second piece of information would be the more jarring. It?s the moment that would be more likely to stick in Mr. Truly?s head months later. So, the next day, Mr. Truly remembered he started to suspect Oswald right after he heard the shots may have been fired from his building. But six months later, he remembered hearing about the rifle being found causing him to suspect Oswald. This later memory is false.

Of course, CTers know this. They know a better case for ?How could Mr. Truly suspect Oswald? if they go with Mr. Truly?s memory from six months later than the day after. So, they ignore what he said the day after, don?t inform the reader, and just build their case on what he said six months later.

What other candidate was:

1.   My himself during the shooting.
2.   Inside the building, during the shooting.
3.   Left the building and Dealey Plaza right after the shooting.

Only Oswald fits this, as far as Mr. Truly knew. And indeed, as far as anyone knows, I believe.

Mr. Truly had many good reasons to first think of Oswald when he heard that shots were fired from his building, according to some witnesses:

1.   An officer had drawn a gun on Oswald. He remembers seeing that. It would be natural to first thing ?Who could be a murderer? and then think of Oswald. One sees policemen pointing guns at killers all the time on TV.

2.   The same reason Officer Baker suspected Oswald might occur to Mr. Truly. An assassin probably would not hang around the top floors from where he fired the shots. He would probably try to get away immediately. And near the second-floor stairs is a likely location Officer Baker and Mr. Truly would encounter such an assassin.

3.   Of all his employees, Oswald may have been the one Mr. Truly knew the least about. Last hired, first suspected.

4.   And the fear that if it was Oswald, the police might also suspect Mr. Truly. For guiding the officer through the building, suggesting the take the elevator which almost caused them to miss seeing Oswald, for being conveniently on hand to tell the officer that Oswald worked for him. Mr. Truly wouldn?t have to tell a lie to lead the police away from suspecting Oswald. Sometimes the truth can be used.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2018, 12:54:21 PM »

Unfortunately your analysis is sub third grade, but since you're now a fan of next day affidavits let's see your deep analysis of why there is nothing about a lunchroom encounter in Baker's first day affidavit. Instead that happened on the 3rd or 4th floor and the guy out-weighted Oswald and wore a jacket.

As is typical of eyewitness testimonies, we have a discrepancy. Mr. Truly said the encounter took place on the second floor just outside the lunch room. Officer Baker said the encounter took place on the third or fourth floor.

Mr. Truly?s memory on this question is probably correct for several reasons.

1.   Mr. Truly remembers the encounter taking place just outside a lunchroom. There is a lunchroom on the second floor but not on the third or fourth floor.

2.   Mr. Truly knew the building. Officer Baker did not. Mr. Truly would know what floor they were on. Officer Baker would not, unless he was keeping a careful count of the number of floors he had gone up as he went. There was no reason for him to do so.

3.   Officer Baker?s own statement indicates his uncertainty. He didn?t say it happened on the third floor. He didn?t say it happened on the fourth floor. He said it happened on either the third or fourth floor. He wasn?t certain.

Likely, all Officer Baker remembered is that he and Mr. Truly went up some stairs, briefly encountered Oswald, then continued up the stairs. Only about a half hour or more later did he realize that this was an important encounter. It?s likely he had forgotten how many flights of stairs he had gone up when he encountered Oswald.

When CTers encounter a witness discrepancy, they immediately conclude, ?Aha, someone must be lying?. And ignore the obvious alternate explanation, ?Someone must be mistaken".
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 01:01:29 PM by Joe Elliott »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2018, 12:54:21 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2018, 02:58:02 PM »
on 11/22/63

a month later???

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 03:07:21 PM by Gary Craig »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2018, 07:57:24 PM »

Only Oswald fits this, as far as Mr. Truly knew.

How the hell would Truly have known where Oswald was during the shooting or that he was by himself?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2018, 07:57:24 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2018, 02:43:17 AM »

Only Oswald fits this, as far as Mr. Truly knew. And indeed, as far as anyone knows, I believe.

How the hell would Truly have known where Oswald was during the shooting or that he was by himself?

Initially, Mr. Truly could not tell for certain. But Oswald was by himself about 75 to 90 seconds after the assassination, so there would be a good chance he was by himself during the assassination.

When Mr. Truly?s suspicions first formed, he didn?t immediately go to the police. He made discrete inquiries with his employees about Oswald?s whereabouts. Likely one of them would have volunteered that while they didn?t know where Oswald was now, they knew where he was during the shooting, if any of them knew. I doubt there was an employee who didn?t guess why Mr. Truly wanted to see him. It probably wouldn?t be to start work on another book order.

By the time Mr. Truly took his suspicions to the police, he could be reasonably be certain Oswald was no longer in the building and pretty sure that he was by himself during the shooting.

But, my question stands. Which other employee was:

Is there anyone else who definitely fits this?