Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 2 wallets for Lee Harvey Oswald alias Alek Hidell  (Read 21207 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: 2 wallets for Lee Harvey Oswald alias Alek Hidell
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 10:11:30 PM »
Advertisement
Thanks Tim... I missed that. In his testimony Clements tells us he interviewed Oswald at 10 pm which is hours after Gus Rose talked to him. When Oswald was taken to a line up, Clements examined the content of a wallet that had been identified to him as Oswald's wallet.

So the questions I asked are still valid.

Where is the first hand report of Gus Rose, who, according to his WC testimony, was the first person to talk to Oswald about the Hidell alias?

Rose said he talked with Oswald for a few minutes. Was it standard procedure for DPD officers to write up reports on short conversations they had with suspects?

And how does Clements and/or Rose know that the wallet they had was in fact the wallet taken from Oswald by Bentley?

I don't know that Clements or Rose knew who it was that removed the wallet from Oswald's possession. I'm unaware of any other wallet of Oswald's that the DPD had possession of that day that contained identification in the name of Hidell.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 10:23:32 PM by Tim Nickerson »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 10:11:30 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2018, 10:47:32 PM »
Rose said he talked with Oswald for a few minutes. Was it standard procedure for DPD officers to write up reports on short conversations they had with suspects?

I don't know that Clements or Rose knew who it was that removed the wallet from Oswald's possession. I'm unaware of any other wallet of Oswald's that the DPD had possession of that day that contained identification in the name of Hidell.

I have no idea. Perhaps not, but since he claimed, months later, that Oswald used a false name to identify himself with, it would perhaps have been a good idea to mention it in the report he did write about his other activities that day.

I don't know that Clements or Rose knew who it was that removed the wallet from Oswald's possession.

I did not ask that. Rose told us he was given a wallet by an officer and Clements merely said in his testimony that the wallet was identified to him as Oswald's wallet. So, it's pretty clear that neither Rose or Clements knew where the wallet came from.

I'm unaware of any other wallet of Oswald's that the DPD had possession of that day that contained identification in the name of Hidell.

Bentley (nor any officer in the car) mentioned the Hidell ID card being found in Oswald wallet during the trip to the police station.

On the other hand, Barrett claims that Westbrook asked him about Oswald and Hidell while holding a wallet at the Tippit scene.

So, when you say you only know of one wallet the DPD had that contained the Hidell identification, which wallet do you mean exactly?

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 10:51:27 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2018, 02:45:10 AM »
    As per      jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2014/03/solving-tippit-murders-wallet-mystery.html   By Dale K. Myers                       

The wallet seen in the WFAA-TV news film is similar in style to Oswald's arrest wallet, however, they are clearly not identical- period . It's not even close. In particular, the newsfilm wallet has a leather flap that is square, while Oswald's arrest wallet flap is rounded. In addition, the news film wallet is obviously thinner and more worn than Oswald's arrest wallet. Kenneth H. Croy told me in 2009 that the wallet turned over to him at the Tippit shooting scene had 7 or so identification cards in it and that none were in the name of Oswald . ( Then who's wallet was it ?) Why then did Croy think the wallet was Oswald's ??? Croys belief that the wallet was Oswald's was based on an assumption that Tippit's killer dropped the wallet, and that since Oswald was later arrested for Tippit's murder, the wallet must have been his . Croy told me that he had no first hand knowledge that the wallet contained anything that connected it to suspect Oswald. In the end , only one thing is certain-- the wallet filmed at the scene by WFAA_TV cameraman Ron Reiland is " NOT " the wallet taken from from Oswalds pocket after his arrest. FBI agent Robert Barrett did not know how police got the wallet or where it was found. His recollection was that Captain Westbrook was holding a wallet while at the scene and asked him (Barrett), who had learned Oswalds wallet contained two names-- Oswald and Hidell. Was this what Barrett was recalling ? Barrett says no.

FBI agent Barrett was known by fellow agents as being one who put meticulous details in his reports. Barretts contemporary report of his activities on November 22,1963 , fails to mention the wallet , as does his 1975 testimony to the Senate intelligence Committee during which he recounted his activities that day. Both Barrett and Croy's recollections are based on 30 to 40 year old memories . None of their contemporary reports or testimony mention the recovery of Oswald's wallet --- a highly curious oversight given the significance both men now attach to the discovery.

So the wallet at Tippits murder site contained 7 or so identification cards in it but since none of the ID.s had the name of Oswald on them then that wallet was treated like there was no way that it could belong to Tippit's killer so it was just treated as a wallet that was found at the scene of Tippit's MURDER .   Who's Wallet was found at Tippit's MURDER scene ?????????? It sure wasn't Oswald's ?????

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2018, 02:45:10 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2018, 08:57:16 AM »
    As per      jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2014/03/solving-tippit-murders-wallet-mystery.html   By Dale K. Myers                       

The wallet seen in the WFAA-TV news film is similar in style to Oswald's arrest wallet, however, they are clearly not identical- period . It's not even close. In particular, the newsfilm wallet has a leather flap that is square, while Oswald's arrest wallet flap is rounded. In addition, the news film wallet is obviously thinner and more worn than Oswald's arrest wallet. Kenneth H. Croy told me in 2009 that the wallet turned over to him at the Tippit shooting scene had 7 or so identification cards in it and that none were in the name of Oswald . ( Then who's wallet was it ?) Why then did Croy think the wallet was Oswald's ??? Croys belief that the wallet was Oswald's was based on an assumption that Tippit's killer dropped the wallet, and that since Oswald was later arrested for Tippit's murder, the wallet must have been his . Croy told me that he had no first hand knowledge that the wallet contained anything that connected it to suspect Oswald. In the end , only one thing is certain-- the wallet filmed at the scene by WFAA_TV cameraman Ron Reiland is " NOT " the wallet taken from from Oswalds pocket after his arrest. FBI agent Robert Barrett did not know how police got the wallet or where it was found. His recollection was that Captain Westbrook was holding a wallet while at the scene and asked him (Barrett), who had learned Oswalds wallet contained two names-- Oswald and Hidell. Was this what Barrett was recalling ? Barrett says no.

FBI agent Barrett was known by fellow agents as being one who put meticulous details in his reports. Barretts contemporary report of his activities on November 22,1963 , fails to mention the wallet , as does his 1975 testimony to the Senate intelligence Committee during which he recounted his activities that day. Both Barrett and Croy's recollections are based on 30 to 40 year old memories . None of their contemporary reports or testimony mention the recovery of Oswald's wallet --- a highly curious oversight given the significance both men now attach to the discovery.

So the wallet at Tippits murder site contained 7 or so identification cards in it but since none of the ID.s had the name of Oswald on them then that wallet was treated like there was no way that it could belong to Tippit's killer so it was just treated as a wallet that was found at the scene of Tippit's MURDER .   Who's Wallet was found at Tippit's MURDER scene ?????????? It sure wasn't Oswald's ?????

Both Barrett and Croy's recollections are based on 30 to 40 year old memories .

That may be, but why does Myers, on the one hand, accept Croy's recollection that there were 7 ID cards in the wallet with allegedly none in Oswald's name and, on the other hand, dismiss Barrett's recollection that Westbrook asked him about Oswald and Hidell?

It's seems Myers is cherry-picking!

None of their contemporary reports or testimony mention the recovery of Oswald's wallet --- a highly curious oversight given the significance both men now attach to the discovery.

As far as I know, Croy never filed any report about anything and Barrett never actually found or handled the wallet. He was just asked a question about two names. Since when do questions being asked have to be mentioned in reports? Gus Rose, who did talk to Oswald and handled a wallet containing the Hidell ID never mentioned it in his report about his activities that day.

The wallet seen in the WFAA-TV news film is similar in style to Oswald's arrest wallet

That may well be, but how do we know the wallet now in the National Archives is actually "Oswald's arrest wallet"? And, comparing wallets doesn't tell us anything about their content.

Barrett claims Westbrook asked him about Oswald and Hidell, which - if true - indicated those ID's were in the wallet. Paul Bentley, who allegedly took Oswald's wallet from him in the car, said on television the next day that he believed it contained a drivers license and a credit card. He does not mention the Hidell ID at all. In fact, none of the officers in the car, said anything about the Hidell alias in their reports, which is (to quote Myers) "a highly curious oversight".

Myers opinion is just that.... an opinion, and it seems a highly speculative one at that.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:05:18 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2018, 02:16:04 PM »

Both Barrett and Croy's recollections are based on 30 to 40 year old memories .

That may be, but why does Myers, on the one hand, accept Croy's recollection that there were 7 ID cards in the wallet with allegedly none in Oswald's name and, on the other hand, dismiss Barrett's recollection that Westbrook asked him about Oswald and Hidell?

It's seems Myers is cherry-picking!

None of their contemporary reports or testimony mention the recovery of Oswald's wallet --- a highly curious oversight given the significance both men now attach to the discovery.

As far as I know, Croy never filed any report about anything and Barrett never actually found or handled the wallet. He was just asked a question about two names. Since when do questions being asked have to be mentioned in reports? Gus Rose, who did talk to Oswald and handled a wallet containing the Hidell ID never mentioned it in his report about his activities that day.

The wallet seen in the WFAA-TV news film is similar in style to Oswald's arrest wallet

That may well be, but how do we know the wallet now in the National Archives is actually "Oswald's arrest wallet"? And, comparing wallets doesn't tell us anything about their content.

Barrett claims Westbrook asked him about Oswald and Hidell, which - if true - indicated those ID's were in the wallet. Paul Bentley, who allegedly took Oswald's wallet from him in the car, said on television the next day that he believed it contained a drivers license and a credit card. He does not mention the Hidell ID at all. In fact, none of the officers in the car, said anything about the Hidell alias in their reports, which is (to quote Myers) "a highly curious oversight".

Myers opinion is just that.... an opinion, and it seems a highly speculative one at that.

I believe the wallet was in the pocket of the white jacket.....   Which means that the cops knew the jacket did not belong to Lee Oswald...    But they desperately needed a link between Tippit and the man who ran in the direction of the Texas Theater so they refused to admit that they knew the Jacket was not Lee Oswalds.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2018, 02:16:04 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2018, 02:35:11 PM »
The cop is running beside a 1960 Impala convertible.....At 1:39 and at 2:49  The tail lights of a light colored 1961 Chevrolet can be seen in the background behind the wallet in the cops hand.   That 1961 Chevy was parked in the parking lot behind Ballew's Texaco Station.  The 1961 Chevy was parked in the parking space to the right of the 1954 Oldsmobile that they claimed the white Jacket was found beneath. 

A person may have to be an old car buff like me to recognize the difference in the tail ights..... The 1960 Cheyy Impala had three lights  side by side on each side of the rear .....They were mounted on a sheet of machine finished aluminum..above the bumper and beneath the deck lid.

The 1961 Chevy was similar but definitely different....in that the machined aluminum had been deleted and the red lens were beehive shaped....as seen in the background behind the wallet....

I just read a book that was about a double murder in Nebraska.....   The crime was solved due to the sharp eye of a detective who spotted a tiny detail ( a ring) in a crime scene photo.  ( That small wedding band type ring on the floor  belonged to a young man who was 500 miles away from the murder site and had never been in Nebraska)

Those of you who believe a wallet was found at the scene of Tippit's murder should take the time to learn the difference between the tail lights on the 1960 and 1961 Chevrolet.  The tail lights that can be seen behind the wallet in the cops hand are the tail lights of a 1961 Chevy.  There was no 1961 Chevy near the Tippt murder scene on East 10th street.  That wallet may have been taken to the Tippit murder scene after it was found in the pocket of the white jacket which was found in the parking lot behind Ballew's Texaco Station...and there was a light colored 1961 Chevy parked there in the parking lot beside the Oldsmobile, beneath which they cops claimed the jacket was found.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:56:20 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2018, 03:42:27 PM »
It's pretty simple all you have do is to imagine, or except in the abstract, that groups of people can or do conspire, yep I am going to use the forbidden term, to commit crime or intelligence operations Certainly you are not going to suggest that our own intelligence agencies do not plan for contingencies?

Walt I did my best to search online for anything resembling the picture you are referring to Not much more I can do to address your claim

A contingency plan for what here?  What are you suggesting happened that caused them to change the plan?  That is not an explanation for the sequence of events.  There isn't any rational narrative for these POWERFUL people planting Oswald's wallet at the crime scene (great evidence to link him to the Tippit murder) to suppress it in favor of Oswald's arrest wallet.  Your fantasy conspirators would have known that it was likely that Oswald would have a wallet on him when arrested or killed that day.  So any plan that entails leaving a wallet at the Tippit scene must incorporate the likelihood of a second wallet being on Oswald's person upon his arrest/death and plan to suppress that wallet.  And imagine the plan of actually leaving a wallet at the Tippit scene, allowing it to be discovered, but then suppressing it.  LOL.  That makes no sense as a contingency plan or otherwise.  It is extremely risky and pointless.  If the plan was to frame Oswald for this crime, then all the incentives are to claim that Oswald's wallet was found at the Tippit scene.  Instead what is being suggested is that conspirators behind Oswald's frame up suppressed great evidence of his guilt!  It just doesn't add up that whoever discovered the wallet would not have radioed in the identity of the suspect and that this valuable evidence of Oswald's guilt would for some inexplicable reason then be covered up by the very folks who otherwise are alleged to be framing him.   It's a hodgepodge of nonsense.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2018, 03:42:27 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2018, 03:58:27 PM »
It's pretty simple all you have do is to imagine, or except in the abstract, that groups of people can or do conspire, yep I am going to use the forbidden term, to commit crime or intelligence operations Certainly you are not going to suggest that our own intelligence agencies do not plan for contingencies?

Walt I did my best to search online for anything resembling the picture you are referring to Not much more I can do to address your claim

Walt I did my best to search online for anything resembling the picture you are referring to

Did you look at the background behind the wallet at the 4: 12 point in the video you posted?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:59:55 PM by Walt Cakebread »