Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Another disappearing bullet  (Read 14624 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Another disappearing bullet
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2018, 02:32:09 AM »
Advertisement
No, James, the curb is not part of the pavement. that's why it's called the curb.

Ray,

I've seen curbs made out of asphalt.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2018, 02:32:09 AM »

Offline Jim Brunsman

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2018, 06:23:03 AM »
Matt: Thanks for posting this. For me it's new and very interesting information. However, I'm not sure I understand the following passage from the article:
  "Two of the corpsmen left and returned sometime later with three varying sized pieces of President Kennedy?s skull bones. In addition, they brought back in an envelope a spent misshapen bullet which they had found on the back floor of the ?Queen Mary?[sic] where they had found the pieces of skull bones. The bullet and pieces of skull were given to Dr. Jim Humes."

What are pieces of the president's skull and a bullet doing on the back floor of the Queen Mary? Of course, this makes zero sense if you believe the ridiculous theory that Oswald did it alone. I believe the fatal head shot came from the right front and exited the lower right of the president's skull.  Maybe I need to expand my thinking about the origin of this shot since I'm having trouble understanding how skull matter and a bullet could end up in the follow-up car.

What about the FBI letter the night of the assassination from Belmont to Tolson? Belmont writes: ?I told SAC Shanklin that Secret Service had one of the bullets that struck President Kennedy and the other is lodged behind the President?s ear and we are arranging to get both of these.?

Don't forget about Dennis David's testimony of being ordered to type up a receipt for bullet fragments by a Secret Service agent.

Seems in this case there are multiple rifles, different ammunition and nothing seems to make any real sense...

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2018, 11:04:10 AM »
Ray,

I've seen curbs made out of asphalt.

You may well have. but it is  still a "curb". So called because it "curbs" the pavement.

Definition

noun
Also, British, kerb. a rim, especially of joined stones or concrete, along a street or roadway, forming an edge for a sidewalk.
anything that restrains or controls; a restraint; check.
an enclosing framework or border.

Besides we are talking about the curb on Elm Street, which wasn't made of asphalt, but concrete.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:58:58 PM by Ray Mitcham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2018, 11:04:10 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2018, 03:28:30 AM »
There was considerable interest in the remaining bullet fragments still lodged in Gov Connally until the day he died.
I see that we have a forensic pathologist wannabe here on the board who believes he has expert observation regarding gunshots and bullet paths....like he was there at the Parkland ER...not 
Unfortunately, a real one couldn't get a chance to review exactly what we were told by the authorities.
Removal of those fragments and metal analysis/comparison could have answered much.

When Connally died, forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht and the Assassination Archives and Research Center petitioned Attorney General Janet Reno to recover the remaining bullet fragments from Connally's body, contending that the fragments would disprove the Warren Commission's single-bullet, single-gunman conclusion. The Justice Department replied that it "...would have no legal authority to recover the fragments unless Connally's family gave [it] permission." Connally's family refused permission.[41]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Connally#Death

Go figure that one
JF

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2018, 05:19:24 PM »
There was considerable interest in the remaining bullet fragments still lodged in Gov Connally until the day he died.
I see that we have a forensic pathologist wannabe here on the board who believes he has expert observation regarding gunshots and bullet paths....like he was there at the Parkland ER...not 
Unfortunately, a real one couldn't get a chance to review exactly what we were told by the authorities.
Removal of those fragments and metal analysis/comparison could have answered much.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Connally#Death

Go figure that one
JF

What could the removal and metal analysis/comparison of those two remaining fragments have answered that the four fragments that were removed could not?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2018, 05:19:24 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2018, 02:20:09 AM »

What could the removal and metal analysis/comparison of those two remaining fragments have answered that the four fragments that were removed could not?

We'll never know will we?
 Lest the Connally family become angry.
The NARA found some loose fragments found in the front seat of the limo.
"Inconclusive" was the verdict in 2000.
http://aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/other/fragment_tests/NaraFragmentTests.pdf 

In 1997, former President Gerald R. Ford, a Warren Commission member, admitted that he wanted a change to show that the bullet entered Kennedy at the back of his neck rather than in his uppermost back, as the commission originally wrote. According to the NY Times article, "Mr. Ford's change strengthened the commission's conclusion that a single bullet passed through Kennedy and wounded Gov. John B. Connally, -- a crucial element in the commission's finding that Lee Harvey Oswald was the sole gunman." According to Robert Morningstar, an assastionation researcher, This is the most significant lie in the whole Warren Commission report. [10]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy_autopsy#The_gunshot_wound_in_the_back

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2018, 02:31:56 AM »
Matt: Thanks for posting this. For me it's new and very interesting information. However, I'm not sure I understand the following passage from the article:
  "Two of the corpsmen left and returned sometime later with three varying sized pieces of President Kennedy?s skull bones. In addition, they brought back in an envelope a spent misshapen bullet which they had found on the back floor of the ?Queen Mary?[sic] where they had found the pieces of skull bones. The bullet and pieces of skull were given to Dr. Jim Humes."

What are pieces of the president's skull and a bullet doing on the back floor of the Queen Mary? Of course, this makes zero sense if you believe the ridiculous theory that Oswald did it alone. I believe the fatal head shot came from the right front and exited the lower right of the president's skull.  Maybe I need to expand my thinking about the origin of this shot since I'm having trouble understanding how skull matter and a bullet could end up in the follow-up car.

What about the FBI letter the night of the assassination from Belmont to Tolson? Belmont writes: ?I told SAC Shanklin that Secret Service had one of the bullets that struck President Kennedy and the other is lodged behind the President?s ear and we are arranging to get both of these.?

Don't forget about Dennis David's testimony of being ordered to type up a receipt for bullet fragments by a Secret Service agent.

Seems in this case there are multiple rifles, different ammunition and nothing seems to make any real sense...

Thanks for that Jim, I had missed it up until now. Yes I never understood the reference to Queen Mary So many good questions with so few answers

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2018, 02:31:56 AM »

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2018, 03:47:26 AM »
CE-399 ?  O.P. Wright said that bullet had a pointed tip !  As per the Edwin Walker Bullet supposedly fired at him by Lee Harvey Oswald , CE 573 " Walker Bullet" NOT the REAL Bullet ?

Walker to FBI:
  The bullet before your select committee called the Walker bullet is not the Walker bullet. It is not the bullet that was fired at me and taken out of my house by the Dallas City Police on April 10 , 1963. The bullet you have was not gotten from me or taken out of my house by anyone at anytime." Walker then sends a mailogram to Blakey that the bullet recovered was nothing more than a hunk of lead that didn't even resemble a bullet. I saw the hunk of lead , picked up by the policeman in my house, and I took it from him and I inspected it carefully. There is no mistake. There has been a substitution for the bullet fired at me and taken out of my house . Walker did not think it was Oswald who fired at him.

Check this out       peelingtheonion.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-jfk-conundrum-major-general-edwin.html