Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Another disappearing bullet  (Read 14631 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Another disappearing bullet
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2018, 09:53:49 PM »
Advertisement
The notes for CE-842 state it was extracted from Connally's wrist, not his thigh. 

Right. I already noted that a fragment was left in his thigh.

Connally has an exit wound in his chest, he only has an entrance wound on his thigh.

He had an exit wound in his chest, an exit wound in his wrist. The wound in his thigh was primarily an entrance wound but the bullet also did exit through that same wound.

Connally's exit wound on his chest isn't an exit from his body though

That's nonsense. Of course it's an exit from his body.

because the bullet proceeded to enter his thigh and is still there.

The bullet is not still there.

Some fragments of the bullet were found in the car but most lodged into Connally's body.

None of the fragments of the bullet were found in the car.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2018, 09:53:49 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2018, 09:57:12 PM »
Six Seconds in Dallas reported on an interview with O.P. Wright in November 1966. Before any photos were shown or he was asked for any description of #399, Wright said: ?That bullet had a pointed tip.?

?Pointed tip?? Thompson asked.

?Yeah, I?ll show you. It was like this one here,? he said, reaching into his desk and pulling out the .30 caliber bullet pictured in Six Seconds.?[8]

As Thompson described it in 1967, ?I then showed him photographs of CE?s 399, 572 (the two ballistics comparison rounds from Oswald?s rifle) (sic), and 606 (revolver bullets) (sic), and he rejected all of these as resembling the bullet Tomlinson found on the stretcher. Half an hour later in the presence of two witnesses, he once again rejected the picture of 399 as resembling the bullet found on the stretcher.?[9]
[Fig. 4]

That's not a statement made publicly. It's hearsay. Thompson claims that there were two witnesses there. However, both are now deceased and neither of them went on record to confirm Thompson's claim.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2018, 10:16:37 PM »
Six Seconds in Dallas reported on an interview with O.P. Wright in November 1966. Before any photos were shown or he was asked for any description of #399, Wright said: ?That bullet had a pointed tip.?

?Pointed tip?? Thompson asked.

?Yeah, I?ll show you. It was like this one here,? he said, reaching into his desk and pulling out the .30 caliber bullet pictured in Six Seconds.?[8]

As Thompson described it in 1967, ?I then showed him photographs of CE?s 399, 572 (the two ballistics comparison rounds from Oswald?s rifle) (sic), and 606 (revolver bullets) (sic), and he rejected all of these as resembling the bullet Tomlinson found on the stretcher. Half an hour later in the presence of two witnesses, he once again rejected the picture of 399 as resembling the bullet found on the stretcher.?[9]
[Fig. 4]

You need to understand that Tim, on the one hand, will dismiss out of hand just about anything that points to the problematic nature of CE 399 whilst, on the other hand, accepting even the most vague and questionable "evidence" that possibly could comfirm the veracity of CE 399.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2018, 10:16:37 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2018, 10:36:11 PM »
That's not a statement made publicly. It's hearsay. Thompson claims that there were two witnesses there. However, both are now deceased and neither of them went on record to confirm Thompson's claim.

I never claimed it was a public statement. It has already been noted that Warren commissions lack of either Tomlinson, or Wright, being to testify to authenticity in front of them is not just a neutral position There is the 64 FBI memo claiming ?appears to be the same one? However, the FBI agent who is supposed to have gotten that admission, Bardwell Odum, and the Bureau?s own once-secret records, don?t back up #2011. Those records say only that neither Tomlinson nor Wright was able to identify the bullet in question, a comment that leaves the impression they saw no resemblance

Mr. Odum told Aguilar, ?I didn?t show it [#399] to anybody at Parkland. I didn?t have any bullet ? I don?t think I ever saw it even.?  [Fig. 11] Unwilling to leave it at that, both authors paid Mr. Odum a visit in his Dallas home on November 21, 2002. The same alert, friendly man on the phone greeted us warmly and led us to a comfortable family room. To ensure no misunderstanding, we laid out before Mr. Odum all the relevant documents and read aloud from them.

Again, Mr. Odum said that he had never had any bullet related to the Kennedy assassination in his possession, whether during the FBI?s investigation in 1964 or at any other time. Asked whether he might have forgotten the episode, Mr. Odum remarked that he doubted he would have ever forgotten investigating so important a piece of evidence. But even if he had done the work, and later forgotten about it, he said he would certainly have turned in a ?302? report covering something that important

In regard to the two Secret Service agents who were the other two individuals in the chain of custody

A declassified record, however, offers some corroboration for what CE 2011 reported about Secret Service Agents Johnsen and Rowley. A memo from the FBI?s Dallas field office dated 6/24/64 reported that, ?ON JUNE TWENTYFOUR INSTANT RICHARD E. JOHNSEN, AND JAMES ROWLEY, CHIEF ? ADVISED SA ELMER LEE TODD, WFO, THAT THEY WERE UNABLE TO INDENTIFY RIFLE BULLET C ONE

Hearsay is generally a term reserved for a courtroom I see no reason to call FBI reports little more than hearsay as well, but in this case there is evidence for wholesale fabrication on the part of the FBI as opposed to the research of Thompson It seems pretty likely that Wright was aware of the story by Josiah Thompson and one would assume would have protested if he had been misquoted

I am all for people being under oath, recorded or any manner of verifying statements But when there is a lack of any evidence to support a claim, simple interviews do have significance

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2018, 10:37:52 PM »

I never claimed it was a public statement. It has already been noted that Warren commissions lack of either Tomlinson, or Wright, being able to testify to the authenticity of CE 399 in front of them is not just a neutral position There is the 64 FBI memo claiming ?appears to be the same one? However, the FBI agent who is supposed to have gotten that admission, Bardwell Odum, and the Bureau?s own once-secret records, don?t back up #2011. Those records say only that neither Tomlinson nor Wright was able to identify the bullet in question, a comment that leaves the impression they saw no resemblance

Mr. Odum told Aguilar, ?I didn?t show it [#399] to anybody at Parkland. I didn?t have any bullet ? I don?t think I ever saw it even.?  [Fig. 11] Unwilling to leave it at that, both authors paid Mr. Odum a visit in his Dallas home on November 21, 2002. The same alert, friendly man on the phone greeted us warmly and led us to a comfortable family room. To ensure no misunderstanding, we laid out before Mr. Odum all the relevant documents and read aloud from them.

Again, Mr. Odum said that he had never had any bullet related to the Kennedy assassination in his possession, whether during the FBI?s investigation in 1964 or at any other time. Asked whether he might have forgotten the episode, Mr. Odum remarked that he doubted he would have ever forgotten investigating so important a piece of evidence. But even if he had done the work, and later forgotten about it, he said he would certainly have turned in a ?302? report covering something that important

In regard to the two Secret Service agents who were the other two individuals in the chain of custody

A declassified record, however, offers some corroboration for what CE 2011 reported about Secret Service Agents Johnsen and Rowley. A memo from the FBI?s Dallas field office dated 6/24/64 reported that, ?ON JUNE TWENTYFOUR INSTANT RICHARD E. JOHNSEN, AND JAMES ROWLEY, CHIEF ? ADVISED SA ELMER LEE TODD, WFO, THAT THEY WERE UNABLE TO INDENTIFY RIFLE BULLET C ONE

Hearsay is generally a term reserved for a courtroom I see no reason to call FBI reports little more than hearsay as well, but in this case there is evidence for wholesale fabrication on the part of the FBI as opposed to the research of Thompson It seems pretty likely that Wright was aware of the story by Josiah Thompson and one would assume would have protested if he had been misquoted

I am all for people being under oath, recorded or any manner of verifying statements But when there is a lack of any evidence to support a claim, simple interviews do have significance
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:53:33 PM by Matt Grantham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2018, 10:37:52 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2018, 10:48:20 PM »
I never claimed it was a public statement. It has already been noted that Warren commissions lack of either Tomlinson, or Wright, being to testify to authenticity in front of them is not just a neutral position There is the 64 FBI memo claiming ?appears to be the same one? However, the FBI agent who is supposed to have gotten that admission, Bardwell Odum, and the Bureau?s own once-secret records, don?t back up #2011. Those records say only that neither Tomlinson nor Wright was able to identify the bullet in question, a comment that leaves the impression they saw no resemblance

Mr. Odum told Aguilar, ?I didn?t show it [#399] to anybody at Parkland. I didn?t have any bullet ? I don?t think I ever saw it even.? 

Odum is supposed to have shown CE 399 to Tomlinson and Wright in mid-1964. However, Tomlinson is on record twice as saying that he was only shown a bullet once, and that was by SAC Shanklin one week after the assassination. So, unless Tomlinson and Odum both misremembered about the same event, there simply is no proof that Odum did in fact show a bullet to Tomlinson at any time.

Remarkably, no record seems to have survived about Shanklin showing a bullet to Tomlinson and Wright.

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2018, 10:57:35 PM »
 Thanks Martin for additional info about Shanklin's role

I must admit I did not know that much about the issue coming into the discussion These boards can certainty push one's level of understanding beyond what it is likely to be without challenge from others

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2018, 10:57:35 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2018, 11:36:21 PM »

If You are going to Reject the Tink Thompson interviews which support his landmark "Six Seconds In Dallas", You must also be Rejecting the multitude of Interviews that Richard B. Trask did for his Trumpeted "Pictures Of The Pain". "Pictures Of The Pain" previously having been regarded as the Bible of JFK Assassination Research Material.