Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is the Zapruder film a composite or an original?  (Read 16705 times)

Offline James Dahl

Is the Zapruder film a composite or an original?
« on: April 05, 2018, 07:05:33 PM »
Advertisement
Having done video compositing in my lifetime I have noticed that the Zapruder film does have many indicators of heavy editing, where a longer film sequence was cut into a shorter sequence with the splice occurring when the car is behind the sign.

• The immobile background and foreground crowd who DO NOT MOVE (other footage shows the crowd doing normal crowd things, milling about, trying to see over each other, etc)
  • The running fellow in the latter part of the video appears to be hand drawn in to add dynamism to the background
  • There appear to be compositing errors around poles where the original background is partially visible
  • The background appears to have been enlarged and are not to scale

JFK Assassination Forum

Is the Zapruder film a composite or an original?
« on: April 05, 2018, 07:05:33 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

Re: Is the Zapruder film a composite or an original?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 07:29:08 PM »
 Dino Brugioni says it was not the original he saw. He should know don't you think

Offline James Dahl

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 07:34:18 PM »
This is the real question for me, why would they cut out the middle of the Zapruder film?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 07:34:18 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 08:02:33 PM »
This is the real question for me, why would they cut out the middle of the Zapruder film?

Don't forget that at the beginning there is the Start/STOP/Start = A GAP in the Film.  Sitzman said during her Tink Thompson interview for his "Six Seconds In Dallas", that their elevated position on the pedestal permitted them to see the JFK Limo/Motorcade coming down Houston St. and then turning onto Elm. There is No Legit reason for the GAP at the beginning of the Current Zapruder Film.. 

Offline James Dahl

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 08:06:50 PM »
The only reason I can think of is the gap shows the parade being re-routed from Main Street (the intended route) to Elm Street (and directly below Oswald's position)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 08:06:50 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 08:33:41 PM »
 Isn't it a little odd that all the police motorcycles are ahead of the limousine at the begging of the Zapruder film and then behind when it restarts? My understanding is that Zapruder claimed he never stopped filming

Offline James Dahl

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 08:41:48 PM »
Isn't it a little odd that all the police motorcycles are ahead of the limousine at the begging of the Zapruder film and then behind when it restarts? My understanding is that Zapruder claimed he never stopped filming

Jack White's deconstruction of the Zapruder film, calls "altered and parts are fabricated"

More detailed deconstruction and elaboration on the alterations, retiming and editing

Further analysis from Jack White
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 09:07:39 PM by James Dahl »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 08:41:48 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 11:03:05 PM »
The only reason I can think of is the gap shows the parade being re-routed from Main Street (the intended route) to Elm Street (and directly below Oswald's position)

If Zapuder filmed the JFK Limo turning onto Elm St and then straightening out and heading down Elm St, (just as he did with the lead DPD motorcycle cops), this footage would have Also Included the Dal Tex Bld in the background. This building is often looked at as being the source of shot(s)