Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Can anybody provide proof of a successful reenactment of Oswald's feat?  (Read 49710 times)

Offline Michael Walton

Re: Can anybody provide proof of a successful reenactment of Oswald's feat?
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2020, 08:32:29 PM »
Advertisement
Points to Ponder:

It's impossible to replicate two very closely fired shots like the first and second shots with an old-fashioned gun as was supposedly used. I'm not a big fan of the witness statements because many people were not expecting this to happen [obviously] so they heard and saw this is not entirely accurate. But Connally swore until the day he died that the first shot was not the one that hit him. And the Z film backs this up.

Pat Speer did a good job of researching and finding that it'd be next to impossible for Oswald to have gone down the stairs immediately after the shooting and to have not been seen by one of the black co-workers. Look it up on his site.

There were shooting reenactments on a CBS TV special from back in the 60s and none of these so-called sharpshooters could replicate Oswald's amazingly accurate shooting...but equally amazing miss.

But speaking of the miss, I do speculate that the Tague "chips on the cheek" story could not be 100% accurate. I find it very hard to believe that a shot hit that far off target, causing the chips to fly up.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2020, 08:32:29 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2020, 08:51:50 PM »
Points to Ponder:

It's impossible to replicate two very closely fired shots like the first and second shots with an old-fashioned gun as was supposedly used. I'm not a big fan of the witness statements because many people were not expecting this to happen [obviously] so they heard and saw this is not entirely accurate. But Connally swore until the day he died that the first shot was not the one that hit him. And the Z film backs this up.

Pat Speer did a good job of researching and finding that it'd be next to impossible for Oswald to have gone down the stairs immediately after the shooting and to have not been seen by one of the black co-workers. Look it up on his site.

There were shooting reenactments on a CBS TV special from back in the 60s and none of these so-called sharpshooters could replicate Oswald's amazingly accurate shooting...but equally amazing miss.

But speaking of the miss, I do speculate that the Tague "chips on the cheek" story could not be 100% accurate. I find it very hard to believe that a shot hit that far off target, causing the chips to fly up.

Oswald didn't have to match a predetermined firing time

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 08:55:12 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2020, 09:22:11 PM »
My intent wasn't to claim authorship in either case.
I apologied to Bill Brown for that particular unforced error

I recall an earlier plagiarism claim by you against me about a Bugliosi line that is arguably the most prominent line in assassination lore. In fact, I did argue that very point at the time.

I have no intent to claim authorship of what other people write at any time.
I apologized to Bill Brown during that period

I remember your attempt to claim plagiarism against me on a Bugliosi term that is arguably the most well-known in assassination lore. In fact, I made that exact argument at the time.

Dementia setting in?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2020, 09:22:11 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2020, 09:24:42 PM »
Dementia setting in?

Say something important

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2020, 11:17:54 PM »
Points to Ponder:

"I find it very hard to believe that a shot hit that far off target, causing the chips to fly up."

So did Senator and WC member Richard Russell.

LBJ and Russell September 9,1964:

RUSSELL: No, no, They're trying to prove that the same bullet that hit Kennedy first was the one that hit Connally,
went through him and through his hand, his bone and into his leg... I couldn't hear all the evidence and cross-examine
all of 'em. But I did read the record...I was the only fellow there that...suggested any change whatever in what the
staff got up. This staff business always scares me. I like to put my own views down. But we got you a pretty good report.

LBJ: Well, what difference does it make which bullet got Connally?

RUSSELL: Well, it don't make much difference. But they said that...the commission believes that the same bullet that
hit Kennedy hit Connally. Well I don't believe it.

LBJ: I don't either

RUSSELL: And so I couldn't sign it. And I said that Governor Connally testified directly to the contrary and I'm not
gonna approve of that. So I finally made 'em say there was a difference in the commission, in that part of 'em believed
that that wasn't so. And 'course if a fellow was accurate enough to hit Kennedy right in the neck on one shot and knock
his head off in the next one-and he's leaning up against his wife's head-and not even wound her-why, he didn't miss
completely with that third shot. But according to their theory, he not only missed the whole automobile, but he missed
the street! Well, a man that's a good enough shot to put two bullets right into Kennedy, he didn't miss that whole
automobile.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=4271&relPageId=27

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2020, 11:17:54 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2020, 03:11:18 PM »
Gary Craig - thanks for posting that, it's very revealing. Of course, you won't hear a word here from LN supporters about it. They'll just continue on and argue about a bunch of bullspombleprofglidnoctobuns then run away.

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2020, 08:07:55 PM »
Oswald didn't have to match a predetermined firing time

Good point. Oswald was free to fire as he pleased. Thats much different than forcing someone to fire according to a pre-determined time.

So any reenactment is always going to be more difficult than the original feat.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:09:23 PM by Gerry Down »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2020, 08:07:55 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #191 on: February 25, 2021, 06:37:31 AM »
If the scope was removed and then replaced by the authorities, that could explain any misalignment.  Even if the scope were misaligned, a shooter who practiced with that rifle could compensate for any deficiency.
And what 'shooter practiced' with 'that' rifle? Anybody?