Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Can anybody provide proof of a successful reenactment of Oswald's feat?  (Read 47399 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Can anybody provide proof of a successful reenactment of Oswald's feat?
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2018, 11:11:09 PM »
Advertisement
Your boy would fry, son

So you keep claiming.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2018, 11:11:09 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2018, 11:12:12 PM »
Thus proving that Oswald was a better shot under pressure...

Do you have any arguments that aren't circular?  Any at all?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2018, 04:56:56 PM »
What in hell is a 'buff'?

A naked person......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2018, 04:56:56 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2018, 11:46:19 PM »
   Jerry Freeman  ........
    What in hell is a 'buff'? 

A naked person......

So conspiracy buffs are people who plot, scheme, and collaborate to get naked...I see now ???

Offline Bruce Backlund

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2018, 07:06:40 PM »
Matt,
Who can prove Oswald was even using that cheap 4x18 scope mounted on the Carano rifle? There is no reason why he could not have used the rifle's iron sights. Faster performance and certainly capable of the accuracy at that distance. I used the same powered scope many times and it's cumbersome and time consuming to use. Now, if Oswald was a shooter on the sixth floor, and did use the scope, you usually have to zero in the scope by making the first shot a test shot to see where the bullet goes. Hence, the tree limb, the overhead sign post, or the concrete curbing on the south side of Elm Street. You don't buy a scoped mail order rifle and commence firing it with that accuracy as shown with General Walker and then Kennedy. He would have to had used and practiced with it once in a while somewhere. I recall his USMC qualification was only marksmen. Could it have been done? Sure. But I don't think we know the full facts, and never will.
BB

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2018, 07:06:40 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2018, 08:19:56 PM »
Matt,
Who can prove Oswald was even using that cheap 4x18 scope mounted on the Carano rifle? There is no reason why he could not have used the rifle's iron sights. Faster performance and certainly capable of the accuracy at that distance.

Now, if Oswald was a shooter on the sixth floor, and did use the scope, you usually have to zero in the scope by making the first shot a test shot to see where the bullet goes. Hence, the tree limb, the overhead sign post, or the concrete curbing on the south side of Elm Street. You don't buy a scoped mail order rifle and commence firing it with that accuracy as shown with General Walker and then Kennedy. He would have to had used and practiced with it once in a while somewhere. I recall his USMC qualification was only marksmen. Could it have been done? Sure. But I don't think we know the full facts, and never will.
BB

I used the same powered scope many times and it's cumbersome and time consuming to use.

Three shots in six seconds at a moving target ......that was behind a tree.....   Do you think Lee Oswald or anybody could have accomplished the feat?

Could it have been done?   No definitely not!

Offline Bruce Backlund

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2018, 09:34:13 PM »
I used the same powered scope many times and it's cumbersome and time consuming to use.

Three shots in six seconds at a moving target ......that was behind a tree.....   Do you think Lee Oswald or anybody could have accomplished the feat?

Could it have been done?   No definitely not!

Walt
A  semi-automatic weapon, with the best scope money can buy, and the proper ammo, one man would be capable of pulling off a couple of rounds accurately. A stiff, 20 year old bolt action rifle with 20 year old Western Cartridge ammo, a scope out of alignment at a moving target at that distance, in that time limit, with at least 2 hits and probably one miss? I don't buy it. I also qualified as a marksmen. Not that good. Tens of thousands of guys better than me. So what we have is a least one known round fired from behind. I don't think anyone questions a shot or more from behind. Many witnesses heard three shots, and it happens three spent shell casings, along with a rifle were found on the sixth floor of the TSBD. Open and shut case for the Dallas PD it seems. Scopes are for snipers, and are very effective for their purpose, but under these time constraints using a bolt action rifle, Oswald would have to be an expert with that particular rifle and extremely lucky. As I said, many unanswered questions.
BB

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2018, 09:34:13 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2018, 10:00:48 PM »
Walt
A  semi-automatic weapon, with the best scope money can buy, and the proper ammo, one man would be capable of pulling off a couple of rounds accurately. A stiff, 20 year old bolt action rifle with 20 year old Western Cartridge ammo, a scope out of alignment at a moving target at that distance, in that time limit, with at least 2 hits and probably one miss? I don't buy it. I also qualified as a marksmen. Not that good. Tens of thousands of guys better than me. So what we have is a least one known round fired from behind. I don't think anyone questions a shot or more from behind. Many witnesses heard three shots, and it happens three spent shell casings, along with a rifle were found on the sixth floor of the TSBD. Open and shut case for the Dallas PD it seems. Scopes are for snipers, and are very effective for their purpose, but under these time constraints using a bolt action rifle, Oswald would have to be an expert with that particular rifle and extremely lucky. As I said, many unanswered questions.
BB

I'm sure you know that the scope was not only mounted askew it was mounted high and on the left of the barrel ....Not at all comfortable and conducive to fast accurate shooting....

The scope was nothing but a cheap  piece of junk that was hastily and clumsily mounted for sales appeal to help Kleins unload those cheap junky rifles..... 

Unwitting and gullible reporters latched onto the idea that the DPD was peddling, Which was the BS that the scope made the rifle a deadly accurate sniper's rifle.    The gullible reporters sold that BS to schocked ad grieving gullible public....  The Idea that that Carcano was the murder weapon is utterly absurd!!!