Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: A Fair Lineup?  (Read 5232 times)

Offline Brian Walker

Re: A Fair Lineup?
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2018, 03:08:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Actually she said "I thought you wanted me to describe their clothing", which was completely out of left field because Ball hadn't said squat about their clothing.  She was loony tunes.

There is no denying that she was very confused about what she was being asked.  The bottom like is she picked Oswald out and said she was sure it was him.

I don't care that she was confused about her questioning in front of the WC.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2018, 03:08:51 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2018, 05:50:29 PM »
There is no denying that she was very confused about what she was being asked.  The bottom like is she picked Oswald out and said she was sure it was him.

The question is: Was there corroborating evidence for what she claimed? I.e., that Oswald was the person she saw shoot Tippit?

Nobody takes an eye witness account - no matter how credible the person appears to be - by itself. Well, nobody should. There has to be evidence that supports what that eyewitness says.

In this matter, there is.

Of course, this is where we get "What evidence is there to support her account?" question. And off we go into the wild conspiracy yonder where up is not up - "Who says so? - and down is not down - "Prove it" - and we try to reason with people who reason completely differently than you or I.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:52:22 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Brian Walker

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2018, 08:41:41 PM »
The question is: Was there corroborating evidence for what she claimed? I.e., that Oswald was the person she saw shot Tippit?

Nobody takes an eye witness account - no matter how credible the person appears to be - by itself. Well, nobody should. There has to be evidence that supports what that eyewitness says.

Of course, this is where we get "What evidence is there to support her account?" question. And off we go into the wild conspiracy yonder where up is not up - "Who says so? - and down is not down - "Prove it" - and we try to reason with people who reason completely differently than you or I.

I agree with everything you posted. I won't argue that Markham's testimony in itself is proof that Oswald killed Tippit.  The fact that so many identified Oswald as the one makes it seem that it was probably him. The rest of the evidence makes it obvious it was him.

Here we go with the empty the jails arguments. Nobody can ever know anything,.

Offline Rob Caprio

• You only receive flak when you are over the target
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2018, 09:49:34 PM »

You have an odd way of reading the evidence. Her supposed identification of LHO was NOT positive and would never held up if things were handled properly.

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2018, 09:53:44 PM »
The question is: Was there corroborating evidence for what she claimed? I.e., that Oswald was the person she saw shot Tippit?

This is your way of avoiding the evidence that you claim exists. It does NOT.

Blaming CTers for why you cannot cite any supporting evidence for the claim that LHO shot JDT is just lame.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2018, 09:53:44 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2018, 09:57:45 PM »

I agree with everything you posted. I won't argue that Markham's testimony in itself is proof that Oswald killed Tippit.  The fact that so many identified Oswald as the one makes it seem that it was probably him. The rest of the evidence makes it obvious it was him.

Since you claim that it is a fact that "so many identified Oswald" why don't you quote them doing so?

Online Tom Sorensen

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2018, 10:55:42 AM »

Let me give you some actual facts of the only supporting witnesses while the shooting took place:

BENAVIDES, being closets to the shooting (15 feet), sitting for minutes in his pickup and later picks up shells in the front yard: Can not confirm Oswald walking east prior to shooting and does not confirm MARKHAM's presence at the scene although she claims being with TIPPIT until he's put in the ambulance. No affidavit taken from Benavides exists and he is not present at the lineups to identify Oswald.

SCOGGINS: Does not confirm Oswald walking east, or even crossing Patton, despite this would have happened right under Scoggins nose while he was munching on his sandwich. Can not confirm hysterical Helen is at the scene at the time of the shooting despite being out of his cab while Oswald is passing him and Markham making eye contact with Oswald.

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2018, 12:19:23 AM »

I'm sure that people who claim to be abducted by aliens are sure about that too.  That doesn't make it true.

If a witness is unreliable (and she was in spades), then it really doesn't matter what she was "sure" about or why.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2018, 12:19:23 AM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2018, 12:23:42 AM »

I agree with everything you posted. I won't argue that Markham's testimony in itself is proof that Oswald killed Tippit.  The fact that so many identified Oswald as the one makes it seem that it was probably him.

Markham was the only one who saw anybody shoot Tippit.

But if 300 people claim to have been abducted by aliens with gray skin and big oval eyes, is that proof of its veracity?

The rest of the evidence makes it obvious it was him.

No, actually it doesn't.

Jails should be filled with people who can actually be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  Doesn't matter what you think you know.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2018, 08:59:41 PM »
I'm sure that people who claim to be abducted by aliens are sure about that too.  That doesn't make it true.

If a witness is unreliable (and she was in spades), then it really doesn't matter what she was "sure" about or why.

Mystery guest #2

Get over it

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2018, 08:59:41 PM »