Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did the CIA assassinate JFK?  (Read 17080 times)

Offline Michael Carney

Re: Did the CIA assassinate JFK?
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2020, 05:03:12 AM »
Advertisement
Jerry Freeman
Where I got the gunsmoke comments was from JKF - The Smoking Gun documentary. I am now checking Colins McCaren's sources

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2020, 05:03:12 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2020, 05:35:02 AM »
Jerry Freeman
Where I got the gunsmoke comments was from JKF - The Smoking Gun documentary. I am now checking Colins McCaren's sources
The senator was not called to officially state anything...he just only issued the affidavit. Ray Mitcham is correct about his shot location. The shooting started just after the VP car had turned.  Perhaps Yarborough knew more than he revealed but we'll never know for sure.

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2020, 01:54:11 PM »
I confirmed that Earl Brown and Elizabeth Cabell smelled gunpowder. So I suspect that McLaren may have gotten the Ralph Yarborough info from another source.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2020, 01:54:11 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2020, 03:28:56 PM »
"Fanciful recreation from a movie".

I didn't realize that....... and I was wondering about Jackies......... thought it should have been smaller than that, lol

You didn't realize that butt-end view was part of a movie recreation? (I think that might be the one where Natalie Portman played Jackie)

And look at how far away from the 'Queen Mary' the Lincoln is in that recreation. Not even Usain Bolt on 'roids could sprint that fast. The limo took off like a shot: Hill actually mounted the limo within a few yards of the SS car. Not only that, who was in a position to take that photo during the actual event? No drones around in 1963, except for the politicians and conspiracy-mongers.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 06:13:23 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2020, 04:22:33 PM »
I confirmed that Earl Brown and Elizabeth Cabell smelled gunpowder. So I suspect that McLaren may have gotten the Ralph Yarborough info from another source.

There is no doubt in this case. On many occasions, Senator Yarborough noted that he smelled gun powder in Dealey Plaza. He said this in writing as well, such as this comment in his letter to Earl Warren:

"Immediately after the firing of the first shot, the thought immediately went through my mind that 'that was a rifle shot.' It did not sound to me like a firecracker or a pistol, though I thought of them too, or the possibility of a small bomb. Another immediate impression that I had, was that the cavalcade had slowed down, almost stopped. . . . After the second shot, I could smell gunpowder very strongly and the rancid smell of gunpowder stayed in our nostrils for minutes as we raced toward Parkland Hospital. This caused me some difficulty, as I'd never smelt so much gunpowder from three rifle shots, and I'd begun to think that perhaps someone had thrown a small bomb in the presidential car. . . ." (Letter from Senator Ralph Yarborough to Earl Warren, 12/17/1963)

This is important evidence because Yarborough was a war veteran and an avid hunter. So he knew what gun powder smelled like.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 04:24:23 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2020, 04:22:33 PM »

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2020, 05:48:36 PM »
I had just glanced at the picture and didn't take the time to study. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2020, 05:49:19 PM »
There is no doubt in this case. On many occasions, Senator Yarborough noted that he smelled gun powder in Dealey Plaza. He said this in writing as well, such as this comment in his letter to Earl Warren:

"Immediately after the firing of the first shot, the thought immediately went through my mind that 'that was a rifle shot.' It did not sound to me like a firecracker or a pistol, though I thought of them too, or the possibility of a small bomb. Another immediate impression that I had, was that the cavalcade had slowed down, almost stopped. . . . After the second shot, I could smell gunpowder very strongly and the rancid smell of gunpowder stayed in our nostrils for minutes as we raced toward Parkland Hospital. This caused me some difficulty, as I'd never smelt so much gunpowder from three rifle shots, and I'd begun to think that perhaps someone had thrown a small bomb in the presidential car. . . ." (Letter from Senator Ralph Yarborough to Earl Warren, 12/17/1963)

This is important evidence because Yarborough was a war veteran and an avid hunter. So he knew what gun powder smelled like.

Apocalypse Now

Duvall: 'I love the smell of napalm in the morning, that smell; that gasoline smell.
It smells like... victory'.

Oswald loved the smell of gunpowder in the afternoon.
It smelled like... being a somebody.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 06:08:04 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2020, 05:49:19 PM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2020, 06:13:18 PM »
Oswald loved the smell of gunpowder in the afternoon.
It smelled like... being a somebody.

If that's true, then why didn't Oswald do what all the other fame-seeking assassins have done and proudly take credit for his deed? Instead, he doggedly proclaimed his innocence and insisted he did not shoot anyone. Why seek fame by shooting the president and then adamantly deny you shot anyone? Makes no sense.

We know that Oswald did not fire a rifle that day because all three tests that were done on the paraffin cast of his right check, including the super-sensitive NAA test, found no traces of nitrates. Even if he had washed his face after the shooting, there would have been nitrate traces in the paraffin mold that would have been detected by NAA.

We also know from released files that seven different men took part in the FBI's paraffin experiment. To test the reliability of the paraffin test on Oswald's cheek, the FBI had seven different men fire a Carcano rifle and then undergo a paraffin test. NAA detected nitrates in the paraffin molds of the men's right cheek every single time. Every. Single. Time.