Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Harvey Oswald Ordered The Rifle  (Read 66367 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: Lee Harvey Oswald Ordered The Rifle
« Reply #176 on: August 19, 2019, 04:02:27 PM »
Advertisement
Upon reviewing old posts about this rifle---That has  to be the silliest.
>>>"Covering his tracks to the best of his ability"<<<< Does this poster ever preview his own blather? Supposedly, Oswald ordered said rifle in the name of Hidell which could apparently be quite easily traced to him. Supposedly, he had Marina take pictures of him with rifle, pistol, and a communist publication which were generated around the world.
Apparently, in his zeal to cover his tracks--Oswald disposed of all his ammunition except the four bullets that were supposedly employed in the alleged shooting at the motorcade and the ammunition that was utilized in the alleged shooting of a cop. There has never been a believable explanation regarding the absence of ammunition in the so called  Oswald arsenal.
>>>"So much nonsense it is hard to know where to start."<<< As usual, Mr Smith starts with the decades old heralding of the Warren Report.
>>> "He didn't just walk a couple of blocks to a bus".<<< ? What does that mean?
>>> " Documents that confirm that the same rifle found at his workplace was the one sent to him via a matching serial number."<<< Documents can't be forged? 
  Research indicates rifles were shipped with serial numbers that had been removed from them. It was 24 hours before the alleged assassination weapon ceased to be a Mauser and became a Carcano.
Article here --  http://www.oocities.org/whiskey99a/carcano.html

Ugh.  Your silly argument appears to be that there is so much evidence of Oswald's guilt that we can only conclude that he is innocent.  Criminals often do stupid things and get caught.  The JFK assassination was not contemplated at the time Oswald ordered the rifle.  It provided a different set of parameters from the situation Oswald was contemplating when he ordered the rifle.  Oswald did not anticipate, for example, having to leave the rifle at a crime scene to be found but if it were recovered the use of an alias might muddy the waters.  There was certainly nothing to lose by using an alias instead of his real name.  And for all Oswald knew, Klein's may not have kept any records of these transactions.  What are you suggesting?  That Oswald should have used his real name or made an in-person purchase directly from a gun shop where he might be remembered?  In which case you would be here arguing that he should have mail ordered the rifle using an alias.  James Earl Ray purchased his rifle from a gun shop and his face was remember by the guy who sold it to him.  There is risk in that method of obtaining the rifle as well.

Here is a very simple notion for you to ponder.  Shooting the president is fraught with enormous risk.  The assassin is going to be killed or arrested no matter what they do.  There is no getting away with it.  Thus, when an assassin decides to make this attempt they accept arrest or death as part of calculation in deciding to commit this act.  Oswald understood that.  That is why he left his money and wedding ring at home that day.  His goose was cooked the second he pulled the trigger.  So claims that he wouldn't have left so much evidence to link him to the crime (i.e. a rifle that could be traced to him) are not persuasive to imply innocence.   Oswald was already a person of interest to the FBI.  He worked in the building from which shots were fired.  He had no alibi.  Oswald knew the authorities would be on to him in short order.  He accepted his fate in return for the infamy of committing the act.  This is where CTers ask why Oswald then tried to escape if there was no hope of getting away.  We know criminals frequently do this no matter how hopeless the situation.  They have nothing to lose.  Oswald was facing death or life in prison.   He was just playing out his hand for as long as possible.  James Earl Ray made it to Canada and then London before he was caught.  There is no getting away and going back to their normal life.  These guys understand that.  That is not inconsistent, however, with playing out their hand for as long as possible.  Oswald had a couple hours head start.  If he had not encountered Tippit, he very well could have made it out of Dallas and perhaps even to Mexico but he would have eventually been caught.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #176 on: August 19, 2019, 04:02:27 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2019, 08:13:58 PM »
There were 3 conspirators involved in the assassination

1) Alek Hidell (rhymes with 'Fidel') was in charge of weapon procurement
2) O.H. Lee was in charge of safe-house procurement
3) Lee Harvey Oswald (AKA 'Dirty Harvey') was in charge of fame procurement

;)

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2019, 02:43:31 AM »
It was 24 hours before the alleged assassination weapon ceased to be a Mauser and became a Carcano.
Article here --  http://www.oocities.org/whiskey99a/carcano.html

The rifle that was found in the depository and was shown on television a few hours later, was Oswald's Carcano.

The rifle that was taken out of the depository was Oswald's Carcano.

The rifle that was paraded before the Press later that day by Day, was Oswald's Carcano.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2019, 02:43:31 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2019, 03:32:24 AM »
The rifle that was found in the depository and was shown on television a few hours later, was Oswald's Carcano.

The rifle that was taken out of the depository was Oswald's Carcano.

The rifle that was paraded before the Press later that day by Day, was Oswald's Carcano.

JohnM

Great, now all you have to do is provide conclusive evidence that it was indeed "Oswald's Carcano"

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2019, 08:42:05 PM »
Oswald understood that.  That is why he left his money and wedding ring at home that day.  His goose was cooked the second he pulled the trigger.  So claims that he wouldn't have left so much evidence to link him to the crime (i.e. a rifle that could be traced to him) are not persuasive to imply innocence.   Oswald was already a person of interest to the FBI.  He worked in the building from which shots were fired.  He had no alibi.  Oswald knew the authorities would be on to him in short order.  He accepted his fate in return for the infamy of committing the act.

"'Richard' said so" is not evidence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2019, 08:42:05 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2019, 03:28:34 AM »
Ugh.
"Ugh"?  Seriously ?....ugh? When will you be 14?

Your silly argument appears to be that there is so much evidence of Oswald's guilt that we can only conclude that he is innocent.
You don't have a more descriptive variety of words? You have to repeat mine? Silly argument?-- The Keystone Cops of Dallas screwed up every aspect of the assassination from start to finish... from protection of Kennedy to protection of Oswald, despite warnings, tips and more warnings.  And yet... yeah, they were too damn sure that Oswald was guilty before half of them ever knew his name.
  Criminals often do stupid things and get caught.
Which contradicts your earlier post stating that Oswald was "covering his tracks to the best of his ability"..yet he was able to  pull off the crime of the century all alone. Now that is silly. 
Here is a very simple notion for you to ponder.  Shooting the president is fraught with enormous risk.
Oh really? Gee, enlighten me more  ???
John Iacolleti wrote.....
'Richard' said so is not evidence.
  :-\  You mean it wasn't Oswald's rifle?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 04:06:09 AM by Jerry Freeman »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2019, 05:00:01 AM »
The rifle that was found in the depository and was shown on television a few hours later, was Oswald's Carcano. The rifle that was taken out of the depository was Oswald's Carcano.
Yes Mr Mytton so we were led to believe...that the rifle or one of the rifles that were 'found'  was paraded around. Regarding a Mauser, the WC simply dismissed that as an honest mistake. But three mistakes side by side? Now you can 'glance' at a water pistol and ID it as a water pistol.

Mr. BALL - In the statement that you made to the Dallas Police Department that afternoon, you referred to the rifle as a 7.65 Mauser bolt action?
Mr. WEITZMAN - In a glance, that's what it looked like.
Mr. BALL - That's what it looked like did you say that or someone else say that?
Mr. WEITZMAN - No; I said that. I thought it was one.
Mr. BALL - Are you fairly familiar with rifles?
Mr. WEITZMAN - Fairly familiar because I was in the sporting goods business awhile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mr. BALL - I understand that. Now, in your statement to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, you gave a description of the rifle, how it looked.
Mr. WEITZMAN - I said it was a Mauser-type action, didn't I?**
Mr. BALL - Mauser bolt action.
Mr. WEITZMAN - And at the time I looked at it, I believe I said it was 2.5 scope on it and I believe I said it was a Weaver but it wasn't; it turned out to be anything but a Weaver, but that was at a glance
** Seemed like things got testy there huh?

Mr. BALL - There is one question. Did you hear anybody refer to this rifle as a Mauser that day?
Mr. BOONE - Yes, I did. And at first, not knowing what it was, I thought it was 7.65 Mauser.
Mr. BALL - Who referred to it as a Mauser that day?
Mr. BOONE - I believe Captain Fritz. He had knelt down there to look at it, and before he removed it, not knowing what it was, he said that is what it looks like. This is when Lieutenant Day, I believe his name is, the ID man was getting ready to photograph it.
We were just discussing it beck and forth. And he said it looks like a 7.65 Mauser.

Mr Ball kept it brief.

Mr. BALL. Was there any conversation you heard that this rifle was a Mauser?
Mr. FRITZ. I heard all kinds of reports about that rifle. They called it most everything.
Mr. BALL. Did you hear any conversation right there that day?
Mr. FRITZ. Right at that time?
Mr. BALL. Yes
Mr. FRITZ. I just wouldn't be sure because there were so many people talking at the same time, I might have; I am not sure whether I did or not.
Mr. BALL. Did you think it was a Mauser?
Mr. FRITZ. No, sir; I knew--you can read on the rifle what it was and you could also see on the cartridge what caliber it was.
Mr. BALL. Well, did you ever make any---did you ever say that it was a 7.65 Mauser?
Mr. FRITZ. No, sir; I am sure I did not.
Mr. BALL. Or did you think it was such a thing?
Mr. FRITZ. No, sir; I did not. If I did, the Mauser part, I won't be too positive about Mauser because I am not too sure about Mauser rifles myself. But I am certainly sure that I never did give anyone any different caliber than the one that shows on the cartridges.

They had to tell the story right. But how? Three cops [one of them a certified firearms expert] couldn't stand there and identify a weapon?...And had months to prepare their dubious testimony :-\
Me...I  read the name of the manufacturer and caliber on the side to identify guns...Just like Fritz said--Only why didn't he say something that afternoon to the press?
"They called it most everything"...a sophomore answer for sure.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2019, 05:00:01 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2019, 05:20:04 AM »
Interesting that A. Hidell ordered the alleged rifle and the alleged pistol a month apart from different suppliers and yet according to the official timeline they both arrived at the Dallas Post Office on the very same day. What are the odds?
When first interviewed, Marina stated that she had never heard of the name 'Hidell'. However, by the time she testified, she said that she had heard it on Lee's radio conversation with Carlos Bringuier. AFAICT---the name Hidell was not mentioned on that debate and besides...I thought Marina didn't speak or understand English as she testified through an interpreter. The kindly [but disinterested] Warren Commissioners did not press forward on any of this.  https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=37#relPageId=76&tab=page