Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Prayer Woman  (Read 528802 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Prayer Woman
« Reply #1744 on: April 20, 2019, 01:10:59 AM »
Advertisement
One cannot look at any of the images of Prayer Man and say with any degree of certainty that it is a woman.  There are only two things that we can say for sure. The person is short in stature and the person is wide. Well, with those two things in mind, we can also say that it's not Lee Harvey Oswald. Not that we didn't know that already.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1744 on: April 20, 2019, 01:10:59 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1745 on: April 20, 2019, 05:24:36 AM »
One cannot look at any of the images of Prayer Man and say with any degree of certainty that it is a woman.  There are only two things that we can say for sure. The person is short in stature and the person is wide. Well, with those two things in mind, we can also say that it's not Lee Harvey Oswald. Not that we didn't know that already.

No, we don?t know that already.

But how can we say for certain that the person is wide? How wide?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1746 on: April 20, 2019, 02:07:39 PM »
How interesting Walt, you now have the unique opportunity to be the first person without an obvious agenda to explain exactly what it is about this person that makes you think it's a woman, something I might add that even LTroller would not do.

That's a tough question.... The photo isn't clear enough to be specific....  The image just seems to be a female....and I would say a middle aged female...

The stance seems to be that of a female....and she appears to be wearing a long dark colored rain coat  which falls away from her hands as she holds them up in front of her ( after just taking a picture with the camera in her hand )   

I certainly can't accept the idea that the person is Lee Oswald.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1746 on: April 20, 2019, 02:07:39 PM »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #1747 on: April 20, 2019, 05:01:14 PM »
Thanks Walt that's a straightforward answer, in the eye of the beholder and all that, that's all I have also, not really something anyone can argue with imo.
Thanks Tim too, all I could request is to take a look at Alan's reversed Darnell frame and tell us you can't imagine PM on the top step.  If he/she was, then the height has to be revised.  The width could be a baggy shirt aaaaaand the face yes, could still be someone else and an amazing waste of time.

I also understand why people think it's Stanton in theory but just not when based mainly on the less than trustworthy visual blow-ups.

Offline Larry Trotter

« Reply #1748 on: April 20, 2019, 05:56:26 PM »
"Prayer Man"  appears to be a woman to me.....    It most certainly does NOT look like Lee Oswald.
Mr Cakebread, FYI, I remain convinced that PrayerPersonImage represents a female, and most likely SarahDeanStanton, who was then employed at the TSBD Bldg.

In DarnellFilm, she appears to me to be looking slightly to her right as if responding to GloriaCalveryImage, who has arrived along with two companions, and has announced what she/they had just witnessed.

And, to me PPI has never looked like LeeOswald. ::)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 03:01:38 PM by Larry Trotter »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1748 on: April 20, 2019, 05:56:26 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1749 on: April 20, 2019, 06:55:28 PM »
Slender white male, shirt not tucked into pants, sleeves rolled up, with receding dark hair, standing one step down?

Check!  Thumb1:

And here-------------to refresh our tired eyes--------------it is horizontally flipped!

Thumb1:

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1750 on: April 20, 2019, 07:05:45 PM »
Also, if you "can't accept the idea that the person is Lee Oswald", just remember, neither did multiple eyewitnesses/co-workers on the landing/stairs at the time, nor did they ever indicate accepting said idea:-\

Mr Oswald certainly indicated accepting such an idea!  Thumb1:

The scamp obviously foresaw the Prayer Man controversy that would erupt a half century later, and decided to mess with our heads for the fun of it!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1750 on: April 20, 2019, 07:05:45 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1751 on: April 21, 2019, 02:18:20 AM »
Mr Oswald certainly indicated accepting such an idea!  Thumb1:

The scamp obviously foresaw the Prayer Man controversy that would erupt a half century later, and decided to mess with our heads for the fun of it!

How utterly ludicrous!!