Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Prayer Woman  (Read 528820 times)

Offline Barry Pollard

Re: Prayer Woman
« Reply #632 on: July 18, 2018, 12:22:14 AM »
Advertisement
Re: 3ft back and 6ft back.
Looks like a loss of about 6 inches for every 3ft, that sound fair?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #632 on: July 18, 2018, 12:22:14 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #633 on: July 18, 2018, 12:36:11 AM »
One step down.
Landing edge.
3ft back.
6ft back

Is the dog supposed to be Frazier? Hehehe!

No but seriously I appreciate someone going to the trouble of attempting to recreate the evidence.

Even though Cinque tried and failed with Altgens 6, I would like to see a recreation of what you've done in Dealey Plaza with the camera in the original position and a 6 foot Frazier in his spot as verified by his reflection then compared to a 5'3" prayer person and another comparison with a 5'9" prayer person.

JohnM

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #634 on: July 18, 2018, 12:52:35 AM »

Is the dog supposed to be Frazier? Hehehe!

No but seriously I appreciate someone going to the trouble of attempting to recreate the evidence.

Even though Cinque tried and failed with Altgens 6, I would like to see a recreation of what you've done in Dealey Plaza with the camera in the original position and a 6 foot Frazier in his spot as verified by his reflection then compared to a 5'3" prayer person and another comparison with a 5'9" prayer person.

JohnM

One step down!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #634 on: July 18, 2018, 12:52:35 AM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #635 on: July 18, 2018, 04:38:50 PM »
These are super-helpful, James. The time and effort you have put in here, as elsewhere, are greatly appreciated!  Thumb1:

Returning to Frazier's reflection, I'm still troubled by the lack of distance between it and his head. On the simulation you posted a few pages back, the greater similarity of head-to-reflection relationship seems to be not with Frazier at edge of landing but with Frazier in deeper shadow from the lintel:

And yet, you seem to have gotten the lintel shadow spot on.

Why the lack of distance between Frazier and his reflection in Darnell? It just seems off to me...

Something to do with blurring perhaps?  :-\

Alan,
I've misplaced my master for that GIF and redid one, this time using blue registration lines to distinguish from the earlier one. There could be a slight difference in the two as I had to remake it from scratch.

As to reasons for your noted difference I believe the major source could be due to how I generate the figure. My mannequins are basically cookie-cutter, with provisions for shoulder and elbow articulations for individual cases. What is available for individual cases (e.g. Frazier) is ability to scale the basic form in a way that makes the desired height. I can also change the width and breadth of the form. This I did for the Frazier stand-in by changing his width and breadth to 80% of normal ? to give the tall, lean look. Unfortunately,.that scale change also resized the Head. So we have a tall, lean model with a miniature head. For the next gif have changed his body form (and head) to normal proportions. This gives his head to reflection size more like we see in the Darnell frame. The animation displays the Darnell reference frame, then with Frazier at the landing, back 6? and west about 2? and back 12? and west 4-5?. To me, the landing and 6? back give results hard to distinguish, with 12? back seems to much for me. Of course, the blurring that is present in the source frames never help.

I will try the imgur.com link to see if it works here.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:41:55 PM by James Hackerott »

Offline Chris Davidson

« Reply #636 on: July 18, 2018, 06:51:08 PM »
What's casting the vertical shadow (arrow) on his neck?
What's casting the horizontal shadow (arrow) moving downward from his face?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #636 on: July 18, 2018, 06:51:08 PM »

Offline Chris Davidson

« Reply #637 on: July 18, 2018, 08:21:46 PM »
Shot from across the street and stepped off approx 80ft away.
I'm at the landing edge.
My wife is at the landing edge then 3ft back.
She is 70" tall, I am 72.5" tall.
I raised my heels up to gain approx 1 inch of height. The difference being approx 3.5 inches between us.

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #638 on: July 19, 2018, 03:10:57 AM »
What's casting the vertical shadow (arrow) on his neck?
What's casting the horizontal shadow (arrow) moving downward from his face?

Shadow only on his right side, while the left side of his neck is in direct sunlight along with his ear.
It's just his own head blocking his right side from the sun.
As that same man puts his head down the very tip top of his it's western side(perhaps) enters the shadow from the wall.
That's not too far from Wiegman's Lovelady. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #638 on: July 19, 2018, 03:10:57 AM »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #639 on: July 19, 2018, 03:32:36 AM »
Chris, thanks again for the input would love to see more alternatives next time you're out and about.
Consider Alan's observation of the Frazier reflection too, it could put Buell back from the edge by at least 3'.