Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Prayer Woman  (Read 529028 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Prayer Woman
« Reply #608 on: July 15, 2018, 09:05:05 PM »
Advertisement
This simulation shows how the reflections change in Darnell with the door opening inwards. No such reflections are seen with the door opening outwards (toward the camera).  Also, the reflection is shown for PP advancing back near the corner towards the edge of the landing. Both Frazier and the man to his left are  near the front edge of the landing.

James, why is Frazier's reflection such that he looks to be so close to the door?

Again, cf motorcycle cop's reflection:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #608 on: July 15, 2018, 09:05:05 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #609 on: July 15, 2018, 09:07:54 PM »
It never fails - every single time I see Stancak's cartoon model with that leg down on the second step, I get a big kick out of it.  Figuratively speaking. That's his way of justifying how the 5-9 LHO appear much shorter up there. Hilarious!

And yet, if it's a *woman* up there - much shorter and there to see the president go by - why in the world would she be standing with one leg down, knowing she's short and would want both legs up there to peer over everyone else.

It's hilarious while also being fxxxing goofy too.

Michael, where exactly on the landing would you position Prayer Person if she's the shorter woman you suggest?

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #610 on: July 15, 2018, 09:10:42 PM »
It always seemed obvious too, that the person stood east of Frazier was hit partly by his shadow and yet now we see the shadow on "her" head alone puts this person again, closer to the camera than him.

The respective positions of Frazier and A.N.Other, and the implications of this for their relative heights, could be important in determining if A.N.Other might be Stanton...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #610 on: July 15, 2018, 09:10:42 PM »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #611 on: July 15, 2018, 09:30:46 PM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #612 on: July 15, 2018, 11:47:34 PM »
James, why is Frazier's reflection such that he looks to be so close to the door?

Alan, Thank you for your response.

You ask an interesting question. However, there are two consequences of moving Frazier towards the doorway. The first, to my estimation, is moving 1 foot backwards will push Frazier deeper into the shadow of the lintel.

The second effect is that pushing him backwards 1 foot also requires him to also move about 4-5 inches westward to maintain the lineup of camera, Frazier and the aluminum vertical frame. This movement also results in the reflection moving westward ? too far in IMO.

An overlay with a Darnell frame with the doorway reflecting the bright sky shows that Frazier, and possibly his friend on his left, are standing near the front edge of the landing.

I don't have any comments on the policeman image as I have not studied it at this time.

Comments?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #612 on: July 15, 2018, 11:47:34 PM »

Offline Larry Trotter

« Reply #613 on: July 16, 2018, 12:41:17 AM »
Being of a somewhat 'old school mindset', I do wonder, as I wander, if any posted reply quote has any verifiable authenticity requirement, as well as a complete statement, unaltered in any way requirement?

Any posted reply indicated as a comment quote with any portion omitted, and any deletion, as well as any rephrasing,  that tends to alter and/or redirect original context should not be posted as a 'quote', with omitted portions, and deletions, as well as rephrased or altered, unless specifically indicated as being altered, rephrased, and as well with having portion omissions, and/or deletions.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 07:58:16 PM by Larry Trotter »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #614 on: July 16, 2018, 12:32:47 PM »
Alan, Thank you for your response.

You ask an interesting question. However, there are two consequences of moving Frazier towards the doorway. The first, to my estimation, is moving 1 foot backwards will push Frazier deeper into the shadow of the lintel.

The second effect is that pushing him backwards 1 foot also requires him to also move about 4-5 inches westward to maintain the lineup of camera, Frazier and the aluminum vertical frame. This movement also results in the reflection moving westward ? too far in IMO.

An overlay with a Darnell frame with the doorway reflecting the bright sky shows that Frazier, and possibly his friend on his left, are standing near the front edge of the landing.

I don't have any comments on the policeman image as I have not studied it at this time.

Comments?

Thanks, James.

It still seems counterintuitive to me that Frazier at such distance from the glass door would be casting a reflection positioned like this:

As a person moves forward even a short amount from the glass, the reflection will surely appear lower, in the way we see with the motorcycle officer here:

Are we 100% sure this reflection IS Frazier's?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 06:08:28 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #614 on: July 16, 2018, 12:32:47 PM »

Offline Chris Davidson

« Reply #615 on: July 16, 2018, 09:12:37 PM »
The Lovelady shadow: