Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Prayer Woman  (Read 533334 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Prayer Woman
« Reply #568 on: July 10, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »
Advertisement
Hardly a coincidence Alan when the source for the shadows comes from Andrej who has to be consistent :)

As I understand it, Barry, Andrej has asked himself how Prayer Man can be so far forward (i.e. on the first step down) without his left forearm catching sunlight. His solution has been to give Prayer Man a turn eastwards so that said forearm remain far enough back to stay in the shade. I think he's misread the image and given himself needless trouble! The way I read the image, PM has his arms folded. He is deliberately staying out of the sun---------and has chosen the farthest point forward (=1 step down) that still allows him to do this.

The Darnell image with contrast boosted suggests that only his left elbow----------which Andrej is mistaking for his right hand-----------may be catching direct sunlight. The 'left forearm' IMO is something behind PM!

Here's the thing.
The animation shows how his own block fits neatly in front of PM, not in his place, contradicting everything he's been working toward for months.
So do we congratulate him or ban him? Light a candle, say a prayer or take up square dancin'?

Not sure that's what Andrej's done here, Barry. He's simply placed a 5"2' block (=5"2' as measured to his doorway model) at the very edge of the landing and seen what happens if he extends it across the landing.

He's not suggesting the block is in front of PM.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 11:15:50 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #568 on: July 10, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #569 on: July 11, 2018, 12:46:11 AM »
Apologies if this has been brought up earlier...

Mr. BELIN. Did anyone say anything about Oswald saying anything about his leaving the Texas School Book Depository after the shooting?
Mr. HOLMES. He said, as I remember, actually, in answer to questions there, he mentioned that when lunchtime came, one of the Negro employees asked him if. he would like to sit and each lunch with him, and he said, "Yes, but I can't go right now." He said, "You go and take the elevator on down." No, he said, "You go ahead, but send the elevator back up."
He didn't say up where, and he didn't mention what floor he was on. Nobody seemed to ask him.
You see, I assumed that obvious questions like that had been asked in previous interrogation. So I didn't interrupt too much, but he said, "Send the elevator back up to me."
Then he said when all this commotion started, "I just went on downstairs." And he didn't say whether he took the elevator or not. He said, "I went down, and as I started to go out and see what it was all about, a police officer stopped me just before I got to the front door, and started to ask me some questions, and my superintendent of the place stepped up and told the officers that I am one of the employees of the building, so he told me to step aside for a little bit and we will get to you later. Then I just went on out in the crowd to see what it was all about." 
And he wouldn't tell what happened then.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/holmes1.htm

To me "downstairs" means he went down the stairs.

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #570 on: July 11, 2018, 02:34:38 AM »
He's not suggesting the block is in front of PM.

No of course not but I am Alan, at least that's the way it looks to me.
Look at the thickness of the block on the right and then imagine it on the wall, it's on the landing and fits nicely in front of him, giving me the idea that PM was further back, which was certainly not Andrej's intention.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #570 on: July 11, 2018, 02:34:38 AM »

Offline Larry Trotter

« Reply #571 on: July 11, 2018, 03:50:05 AM »
Apologies if this has been brought up earlier...

To me "downstairs" means he went down the stairs.

In an effort to provide access to MrHolmes' complete statement/testimony, I have also provided a link. But, what stands out for me, is MrHolmes' comment about his testimony being "not" what was said, but his "impression" of what was said, and notes of LeeHarveyOswald's interrogation on Sunday, 11/24/'63, were written on "December 17, 1963", about 3 weeks later.

During MrHolmes' testimony, available for viewing, he also said that from his view overlooking the area, he "saw nothing suspicious", prior to the PresidentJohnKennedySrAssassination shooting that also critically wounded GovernorJohnConnallyJr. And, MrHolmes testified that he is a "trained suspicioner". ???

No need to take my word for it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 03:21:23 PM by Larry Trotter »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #572 on: July 11, 2018, 08:22:15 AM »
No of course not but I am Alan, at least that's the way it looks to me.
Look at the thickness of the block on the right and then imagine it on the wall, it's on the landing and fits nicely in front of him, giving me the idea that PM was further back, which was certainly not Andrej's intention.

Barry, even if Prayer Man is one step down but we are not seeing his legs then it's hard to see how the wall will not still give such an impression.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 08:25:08 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #572 on: July 11, 2018, 08:22:15 AM »

Offline Chris Davidson

« Reply #573 on: July 11, 2018, 05:24:53 PM »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #574 on: July 11, 2018, 05:41:16 PM »
You said you were "too ill to moderate." Bit of a porky there, Duncan. You weren't a moderator.

I never said I was a moderator at the Ed Forum...geez.... you're losing it, Ray.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #574 on: July 11, 2018, 05:41:16 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #575 on: July 11, 2018, 05:43:14 PM »
I never said I was a moderator at the Ed Forum...geez.... you're losing it, Ray.

What did you mean when you said "I was unable to moderate for health reasons."

Moderators moderate. What were you unable to moderate?

Seems you may still be in the same position.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 05:44:52 PM by Ray Mitcham »