Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Prayer Woman  (Read 533287 times)

Offline Barry Pollard

Re: Prayer Woman
« Reply #360 on: June 30, 2018, 03:04:29 PM »
Advertisement
Movie version:

Chris Thank you,
Is there any way you can carefully superimpose PM onto a frame of this that shows the radiator/heater?
I thought PM/W was blocking it and frames where others see it... unconvincing,
if you feel it's worth the trouble or possible.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #360 on: June 30, 2018, 03:04:29 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #361 on: June 30, 2018, 03:40:09 PM »
Alan, the blowup of Hughes where we may or may not see evidence of PM was posted on the bottom of P137 of the Oswald...TSBD thread(and if I sent you to the wrong page last time please except my sincere apologies, I may have earmarked the wrong one and just realised it, this time I doublechecked...).

No problem, Barry, and thanks for this  Thumb1:

Interesting!

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #362 on: June 30, 2018, 03:59:05 PM »
A HORRIBLY crude first attempt to establish the comparative heights of Billy Nolan Lovelady (5'8?") and Prayer Man!

Options!

Prayer Man is either
-----------------------of similar height to Lovelady (= 1 step down) ~5'8?"
-----------------------approx. 7 inches smaller than Lovelady (= on the landing) ~5'1?"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #362 on: June 30, 2018, 03:59:05 PM »

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #363 on: June 30, 2018, 07:21:13 PM »
Thanks for sharing James, great entry to the thread.
I'd be interested to know how you pinned down Lovelady's poition and also if you could show a 12:30pm slide without the guy on the bottom step because he's blocking any comparison to shadows in other visual evidence.

Barry thank you,
Saying I pinned down Lovelady's position is generous. More like estimated from comparison with a frame of Wiegman, some time in the past.  I'll be happy to modify graphics if a better location is suggested.

As far as PP blocking or not blocking the radiator that was not an issue to me. I don't see how PP could block the radiator and still be in total shadow.

PS,
your position for PM does not allow for him/her to be blocking the heater/radiator from Darnell's POV, was that a concious decision?

Below is a slide comparing Darnell (left) to Wiegman (without the dark shadow). Both POVs should allow viewing at least some of the radiator, as long as someone else is not blocking the view. If you would like a different view please advise.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UWvHZzaT8BxYBgpX4UHNUH4x67VM8jbo/view?usp=sharing

James

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #364 on: June 30, 2018, 07:43:23 PM »
Brian,

Thanks for messaging me on Facebook with information that Wanda, the relative of Sarah Stanton said "no, it isn't her grand mother...Wanda said "she is too thin, too old, has dark hair, and is out there at a time that is too late to be Sarah...Not Sarah" she says...

I look forward to hearing your recorded conversation with her, without leading questions, as requested by myself on this Forum, for verification purposes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #364 on: June 30, 2018, 07:43:23 PM »

Offline Larry Trotter

« Reply #365 on: June 30, 2018, 09:03:36 PM »
Quote by Trotter
"It appears to me that the sunlight angles are important to someone wishing to qualify mannequin placement on a virtual landing/stairway portal. But, azimuth calculations are trivial to most of us that study the reliable provable evidence indicative of said portal occupants as the area was filmed. To state Stancek has "the shadows exactly right in his creations", can only be a conclusion, nothing more. I certainly question his "insertions" of images, especially those not seen otherwise, and as well his "to scale measurements".
And, I do not recall ever stating that sunlight origin calculations had no bearing on shadow length and/or shadow angle. What I have not seen is,[sic] any calculations allowing for the angle of the TSBD Building and/or entrance portal.
Most important though, when you say that if I can't see something you state, you can't be bothered anymore, and "It's like casting pearls before swine", tell me, exactly what are you saying? Are you indicating something negative about my character?"

You confirm above that  you said that the subject of the angle of the sun's shadows was trivial.

The expression "casting pearls before swine" means to offer something valuable or good to someone who does not know its value.

I can assure you that I understood the expressed meaning of your, beyond doubt, insulting of another forum member statement, "casting pearls before swine".
Exactly what, MrRayMitcham, uh sir, is your problem with, "What I have not seen is, any calculations allowing for the angle of the TSBD Building and/or entrance portal"? Even I can look at a map and see that it doesn't face due south, and is at a similar angle as Old Elm St, but appears to be, without measurement, facing about 165? south. In any event, any virtual entrance portal using a male mannequin in the estimated place of PrayerPersonImage, lacks meaningful credibility, at least to me. For that reason, I have not, and will not, rely on the virtual entrance portal information and mannequin placement. Therefor, I pay very little attention to the, uh, gentleman's efforts, and if said angle was mentioned during measurement discussions on this forum, I did not see the discussion and/or angle measurement factor inclusive comment.
Certainly, when you, uh MrRayMitcham, uh, sir, repeat something I said, without providing the complete statement with context meaning, your "repeat" is without honesty and truthfulness.
Certainly, I am sure you undoubtedly meant to indicate and insult me, but perhaps a look in the mirror would be appropriate prior offering another forum member insult like, "casting pearls before swine".

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #366 on: June 30, 2018, 09:04:31 PM »
Another very helpful image, Mr Hackerott!  Thumb1:

Off-topic from radiator but important nonetheless!:

Placement of Prayer Man-------------

One of the points Stancak keeps hammering home is the position of PM's right elbow
-------------short gap (from Wiegman/Darnell POV) between it and brickwork section beside white pillar

Stancak argues that "Prayer Man's location in Darnell is a tight geometric problem which has only one solution"
------------and that having him on the landing simply doesn't work because it pushes the right elbow too far from the brickwork section.

Your thoughts on this appreciated!

« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 01:10:58 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #366 on: June 30, 2018, 09:04:31 PM »

Offline Chris Davidson

« Reply #367 on: June 30, 2018, 09:14:51 PM »
Scaled to fit previous Darnell LOS designation:
Radiator would probably reside somewhat higher than it appears on the superimposed Darnell frame. Imo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xr7FEvgosjYZ4kEu70xWXn7bO_PQvLr5/view?usp=sharing