Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Prayer Woman  (Read 534010 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Prayer Woman
« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2018, 10:37:50 AM »
Advertisement
Since a reply to a post by me, I will simply state the question is not asking who was there, but it is asking for an identification of an image of someone who is there. The ScarfLadyImage does indicate some resemblance to PrayerPersonImage, and although minor, still worth investigating.

The ScarfLadyImage identity topic has been around about 18 months, as indicated in a thread/discussion on DPF that was started in January, 2017. And, to my knowledge, yet to be positively correctly identified.

No, it's been around 5 years!
She's not Prayer Man
-------------most likely she's either Vida Lee Whatley or Virginia H. Barnum  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2018, 10:37:50 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2018, 10:51:14 AM »
I recall reading somewhere about a claim from the late Jack White that Carolyn Johnston (nee Arnold) indicated that she had more to tell of her LHO 11.22.63 sighting and would do so through her lawyer after her retirement.

Theory!

Arnold saw LHO twice that day
------------FIRST in the second floor lunchroom (ca. 12.20)
------------SECOND behind the glass entrance doorway on the first floor (very shortly before the motorcade arrived).

I.e....
------------she told the FBI about both sightings but they only allowed the second one go on record
------------when Anthony Summers contacted her in 1978 she was horrified to hear that the lunchroom sighting had been suppressed by the FBI... but emphatically disowned the doorway sighting out of fear of personal and/or professional repercussions... she was now Carolyn Johnston and had built up a new professional life... understandable!

But I do hope she sees her way to going on the record again!

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #234 on: June 26, 2018, 12:27:28 AM »
Off-topic question!

Is there consensus on what is causing the apparent shadow line down Lovelady's body?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 12:29:15 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #234 on: June 26, 2018, 12:27:28 AM »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #235 on: June 26, 2018, 01:50:11 AM »
Crop from Murray or Allen I forget sorry, around 1:00-1:15PM I suppose, full image somewhere halfway through this thread.
Only evidence of shadow I found is on the young man's back but even this is debateable, could be something in the background nearer the door, he's a short arm's length from the rail IMO.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #236 on: June 26, 2018, 01:55:42 AM »
I was more open-minded and explored it with Brian but could find no evidence from any images taken in the next hour that showed anyone near BL's position being hit by shadow(except one I'll post it soon), if I was more familiar with those same images and where the west wall's shadow line ends I would have known it was a nobrainer from the start. I would say Andrej's shadow line is pretty close, I only doubt the hand of Darnell's PM being hit by sunlight, frankly I don't see it, Andrej does and I think that is why it is in his Darnell model.

I've not seen it explained elsewhere but it may well have been, as you can see from that last gif, the lower BL is, the more shadow he catches, this makes no sense and again no sign of shadow in later photos on anyone near this position close to the rail. Until I learn differently it's a photographic anomaly.

It's most peculiar, isn't it, Barry? What an unfortunate place for such an anomaly to present itself!

I'd be extremely interested in seeing that exception you say you came across.

Yes, I think Andrej's sunlight-on-hand assumption is more than questionable and leads him (and of course Brian) into unnecessary complication.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #236 on: June 26, 2018, 01:55:42 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #237 on: June 26, 2018, 01:58:59 AM »
Crop from Murray or Allen I forget sorry, around 1:00-1:15PM I suppose, full image somewhere halfway through this thread.
Only evidence of shadow I found is on the young man's back but even this is debateable, could be something in the background nearer the door, he's a short arm's length from the rail IMO.

Thanks, Barry. The Wiegman shadow mystery remains!

When Lovelady's on the higher step, the 'shadow' is not cleanly vertical. He's leaning east, and the 'shadow' with him. Could he be wearing a dark, unzipped jacket over his shirt??
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 02:02:46 AM by Alan Ford »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #238 on: June 26, 2018, 02:16:13 AM »

I don't see any problem at all there, Barry. Lovelady was 5'8". Very pleasing to see a frame of him side by side with Prayer Man in which their heights are very close!

If the 5.8' height is correct Alan I agree, it's not a problem, do you remember where the source of that height comes from?  I guess I should know it but I don't.

^
PS. In that image above the young man is assumed to be still on the top step where he is seen in another image with one foot up on the landing.
PPS. Yes a jacket solves it but there is no evidence in Hughes he has on anything other than his shirt, have you seen that?  I haven't for a while, BL leans out puts his hand up to shield his eyes and then steps back to the shade? Also there's the Couch and Martin film BL's to consider.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #238 on: June 26, 2018, 02:16:13 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #239 on: June 26, 2018, 02:24:00 AM »
If the 5.8' height is correct Alan I agree, it's not a problem, do you remember where the source of that height comes from?  I guess I should know it but I don't.

It's in one of the FBI reports, Barry.

PS. In that image above the young man is assumed to be still on the top step where he is seen in another image with one foot up on the landing.
PPS. Yes a jacket solves it but there is no evidence in Hughes he has on anything other than his shirt, have you seen that?  I haven't for a while, BL leans out puts his hand up to shield his eyes and then steps back to the shade? Also there's the Couch and Martin film BL's to consider.

Well, then perhaps the man in Hughes is not Lovelady but another man wearing a reddish shirt?