Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Prayer Woman  (Read 528637 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Prayer Woman
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2018, 08:06:48 PM »
Advertisement

I really do find this image curious. If this is a person with their body turned a bit to the left (=southeast) then why are we seeing so much of the radiator behind the glass? I mean, nothing of the left leg...?! Just seems kind of off to me, like the lower body just curves away from under them...

Also the person's left hand/elbow seems unattached to an upper arm, as if it's hanging in midair or something...

Add the fact that the white of the neck is not below the chin and the thing just looks very odd indeed.

However if you stick a finger over the supposed 'left arm' it makes a new kind of sense as a man whose body is facing forward, whose arms are folded and whose head is turned a little to the left (=southeast).

I wonder might the drinking/eating/etc PrayerPerson in Wiegman have changed their posture by the time Darnell films them?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 09:09:11 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2018, 08:06:48 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2018, 10:16:17 PM »

Running with the idea that this is a man whose body is facing forward, shirtsleeves rolled up, arms folded, head turned a bit to the left...

How do we account for the visibility of the top of the radiator? Why does the man's untucked shirt seem to taper off at the bottom right (our right, that is)?

This is where it gets kind of interesting. A couple of years ago a researcher called Pat Speer got superb color photos of CE151 which many believe was the shirt Oswald wore to work that day. And guess what? It's cut in a curving pattern at the bottom sides. (Go to about a third of the way down the page at http://www.patspeer.com/chapter-4b-threads-of-evidence?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1 and see for yourself)

Offline Larry Trotter

« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2018, 10:53:52 PM »

I really do find this image curious. If this is a person with their body turned a bit to the left (=southeast) then why are we seeing so much of the radiator behind the glass? I mean, nothing of the left leg...?! Just seems kind of off to me, like the lower body just curves away from under them...

Also the person's left hand/elbow seems unattached to an upper arm, as if it's hanging in midair or something...

Add the fact that the white of the neck is not below the chin and the thing just looks very odd indeed.

However if you stick a finger over the supposed 'left arm' it makes a new kind of sense as a man whose body is facing forward, whose arms are folded and whose head is turned a little to the left (=southeast).

I wonder might the drinking/eating/etc PrayerPerson in Wiegman have changed their posture by the time Darnell films them?

Admittedly, my take on what the posted image represents tends to differ somewhat than others. And, an intelligent, unfortunately now former, forum friend convinced me that photograph/film presents images of persons/objects, and not the actual person/object. For that reason, I tend to base image identification efforts upon that premise. That said, all images require interpretation, and sometimes image identification/interpretation is easily done, but sometimes not.

The posted image of the TexasSchoolBookDepository Elm St entrance appears to represent the scene within about one minute after the DealeyPlazaShooting that fatally wounded USP JohnKennedySr, and critically wounded TxG JohnConnallyJr, on 11/22/'63.

After reviewing statements/testimony by multiple eyewitnesses/occupants that indicated their presence on the stairs/landing at the time, I had to conclude that the aka PrayerPersonImage represents a female, most likely then TSBD Bldg employee SarahStanton. And, the same testimony indicates that LeeOswald is/was not among the landing/stairs occupants as filmed and/or during the shooting occurrence.

When viewing the PrayerPersonImage, it appears to represent someone stockier built and not as tall as LeeOswald. and, the person represented appears to be wearing a dress and/or long coat. Also, it is my interpretation that the person represented was filmed/photographed during a head turn due to conversation with another occupant relating to what had been witnessed by a returning area occupant. And, their is supporting testimony regarding said conversation..

So, considering eyewitness testimony provides evidence that LeeOswald was not among the entrance landing/stairway at the time, and no reliable evidence places him there, for me it is a quite simple conclusion to reach that "evidently" he was not there.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:23:16 AM by Larry Trotter »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2018, 10:53:52 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2018, 01:07:36 AM »

Care has to be taken when drawing conclusions from this gif (which Duncan posted) about what can be seen at the level of the top landing. This is because of the really frustrating fact that in the first few frames the (elderly?) woman wearing black coat and black scarf just in front of the steps is blocking the area of interest beneath PrayerPerson's body. We think we're getting a glimpse of the landing but that's only because the woman's neckline is at a height (for camera angle) on a level with the landing. After that of course the lady in white going up the steps blocks our view further.

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2018, 03:14:28 PM »
Sarah Stanton had gray hair. Prayer Person doesn't.
So, what colour was Prayer Person's hair?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2018, 03:14:28 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2018, 03:18:23 PM »
So, what colour was Prayer Person's hair?

A lot darker than the gray or white we see in the photo of Sarah Stanton. The contrast between PrayerPerson's skin and hair is obvious. A pale complected person with dark or darkish hair.

Offline Frederick Clements

« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2018, 03:22:14 PM »
If only there were better quality images there would be no need for this discussion. A high resolution scan from the original footage would show who that figure is.

Fred

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2018, 03:22:14 PM »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2018, 06:28:46 PM »
So, what date is this photograph of Sarah Stanton? There doesn't appear to be a definitive answer on the Audio discussion.