Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Prayer Woman  (Read 535772 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Prayer Woman
« Reply #1432 on: March 02, 2019, 04:55:47 AM »
Advertisement
Captain Fritz----------on this page as well as on the other pages-----------is taking notes as he listens to an interrogation report that has been recorded onto dictaphone.

Another example of Captain Fritz's reliance on some audio version of the FBI interrogation reports, whether played back on dictaphone or read out over the phone:

In Agent Bookhout's corresponding report, on which Captain Fritz's notes here are so obviously based, the words are written correctly: 'Paine', 'immigrants'.
But Captain Fritz writes 'Payne', 'Emigrants'!

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:44:21 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1432 on: March 02, 2019, 04:55:47 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1433 on: March 02, 2019, 05:20:51 AM »
Friends, we need to be very clear that Captain Fritz's notes rely slavishly on reports made by Agent Bookhout!

Example!

FRITZ NOTES:

CORRESPONDING BOOKHOUT INTERROGATION REPORT:

"Oswald stated that prior to coming to Dallas from New Orleans he had resided at a furnished apartment at 4706 Magazine Street, New Orleans, Louisiana. While in New Orleans, he had been employed by William B. Riley Company, 640 Magazine Street, New Orleans."

But!

Inspector Thomas J. Kelley was present at the same interrogation and made a comprehensive report on it.
Unlike Agent Bookhout, Inspector Kelley heard Mr Oswald correctly:

"He stated in returning a question about his former addresses that he lived at 4907 Magazine Street in New Orleans at one time [...]"

(Note: Mr Oswald actually lived at 4905 Magazine St, but 4907 was the other apartment in the building. Bookhout's 4706 is, by contrast, way off-------and his error is perfectly replicated in Captain Fritz's note!)

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1434 on: March 02, 2019, 05:40:14 AM »
Now!

It would be beyond mad to suggest that the slavish point-for-point correspondence of Captain Fritz's scribbled notes and Agent Bookhout's interrogation reports can be explained away as the coincident note-taking or recall of two different men sitting in on the same session.

Example!

Sticking with the Saturday morning interrogation that Agent Bookhout and Inspector Kelley both
------------attended
------------produced reports on...

Here's one phase, as covered in Agent Bookhout's report:

Oswald stated that Mrs. Pain[e] receives no pay for keeping his wife and children at her residence. He stated that their presence in Mrs. Paine's residence is a good arrangement for her because of her language interest, indicating that his wife speaks Russian and Mrs. Paine is interested in the Russian language.
Oswald denied having kept a rifle in Mrs. Paine's garage at Irving, Texas, but stated that he did have certain articles stored in her garage, consisting of two sea bags, a couple of suitcases, and several boxes of kitchen articles and also kept his clothes at Mrs. Paine's residence. He stated that all of the articles in Mrs. Paine's garage had been brought there about September, 1963, from New Orleans, Louisiana.
Oswald stated that he has had no visitors at his apartment on North Beckley.
Oswald stated that he has no receipts for purchase of any guns and has never ordered any guns and does not own a rifle nor has he ever possessed a rifle.
Oswald denied that he is a member of the Communist Party.
Oswald stated that he purchased a pistol, which was taken off him by police officers November 22, 1963, about six month ago. He declined to state where he had purchased it.

Here's the same phase, as covered by Inspector Kelley:

He stated that Mrs. Paine practices Russian by having his wife live with her. He denied that he had ever owned a rifle. He said he does not know Mr. Paine very well but that Paine usually comes by the place where his wife was living with Mrs. Paine on Friday or Wednesday. He stated that Mr. Paine has a car and Mrs. Paine has had two cars. He said in response to questions by Captain Fritz that two sea bags with some other packages containing his personal belongings and that he had brought those back form New Orleans with him sometime in September. He stated that his brother, Robert, lived at 7313 Davenport Street, Fort Worth, and that the Paines were his closest friends in town. He denied that he had ever joined the Communist party; that he never had a Communist card. He did belong to the American Civil Liberties Union and had paid $5 a year dues. He stated that he had bought the pistol that was found in his possession when he was arrested about seven month ago. He refused to answer any questions concerning the pistol or a gun until he talked to a lawyer.

Now! Had Captain Fritz scribbled this section of his notes while listening to dictaphone playback of Inspector Kelley's report, they would have looked a whole lot different to this!:

Instead, we get an uncanny point-for-point coincidence with Agent Bookhout's report. This coincidence, friends, is no coincidence! The notes DERIVE from the report!

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:43:44 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1434 on: March 02, 2019, 05:40:14 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1435 on: March 02, 2019, 05:54:29 AM »
Now!

Establishing the point-for-point derivation of Captain Fritz's notes from Agent Bookhout's reports is all too easy for every page except the one he marks '1':

The bits marked in green here-------

---------are easily accounted for: Fritz is listening to Agent Bookhout's first solo report, which was dictated (i.e. recorded on dictaphone for typing up by stenographer?) on 11/25.

The rest of Fritz's sheet, however, has no such clear, unitary source!  :'(

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1436 on: March 02, 2019, 02:51:39 PM »

The rest of Fritz's sheet, however, has no such clear, unitary source!  :'(

But! It does have a clear, unitary destination!

From Captain Fritz's own official interrogation report:

"Mr. Hosty asked Oswald if he had been in Russia. He told him, "yes, he had been in Russia three years." He asked him if he had written to the Russian Embassy, and he said he had. This man became very upset and arrogant with Agent Hosty when he questioned him and accused him of accosting his wife two different times. When Agent Hosty attempted to talk to this man, he would hit his fist on the desk. I asked Oswald what he meant by accosting his wife when he was talking to Mr. Hosty. He said Mr. Hosty mistreated his wife two different times when he talked with her, practically accosted her. Mr. Hosty also asked Oswald if he had been to Mexico City, which he denied. During this interview he told me that he had gone to school in New York and in Fort Worth, Texas, that after going into the Marines, finished his high school education. I asked him if he won any medals for rifle shooting in the Marines. He said he won the usual medals.

"I asked him what his political beliefs were, and he said he had none but that he belonged to the Fair Play for Cuba Committee and told me that they had headquarters in New York and that he had been Secretary for this organization in New Orleans when he lived there. He also said that he supports the Castro Revolution. One of the officers had told me that he had rented the room on Beckley under the name of O. F. Lee. I asked him why he did this. He said the landlady did it. She didn't understand his name correctly."

Compare the yellowed bits!

Nice, neat point-for-point correspondence!  Thumb1:

Now!

We can be pretty sure Captain Fritz did not write his official report and then make notes from it.

No! The notes were part of his preparation for writing the report!

But... when did he write up this report and dictate it?

The answer can be found at the bottom of page 12 of the report:

10 January 1964
----------no fewer than 47 days after Mr Oswald's death!

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 03:38:12 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1436 on: March 02, 2019, 02:51:39 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1437 on: March 02, 2019, 03:37:48 PM »

10 January 1964
----------no fewer than 47 days after Mr Oswald's death!

Thumb1:

Now!

We know, from the above, that Captain Fritz prepared his full interrogation report for dictation at some point before 10 January 1964.

But when?

Clue!

On 23 December 1963, Captain Fritz wrote a report for the benefit of Chief Curry. It includes this:

???

Yes, friends, Captain Fritz, as of Christmas Eve-Eve, actually believes that Mr Oswald had been stopped "on the third or fourth floor on the stairway".

Sounds familiar? Yep. You got it------Officer Baker's disastrous 11/22 affidavit!

:D

How and ever! By the time the befuddled Captain Fritz finds himself in front of the Warren Commission, on 22 April 1964, he will have a different story to tell:

Mr. FRITZ. They told me about that down at the bookstore; I believe Mr. Truly or someone told me about it, told me they had met him--I think he told me, person who told me about, I believe told me that they met him on the stairway, but our investigation shows that he actually saw him in a lunchroom, a little lunchroom where they were eating, and he held his gun on this man and Mr. Truly told him that he worked there, and the officer let him go.
Mr. BALL. Did you question Oswald about that?

"that they met him on the stairway"-----------notice the vagueness as to location (no 3rd/4th fl)!
"but our investigation shows that he actually saw him in a lunchroom"------------which investigation, precisely?

Why, Captain Fritz's investigation of-----i.e. his attentive listening to-----the first solo interrogation report of Agent Bookhout, the one where the 2nd fl lunchroom is made the site of Mr Oswald's claimed cop encounter!

This 'investigation' must have happened between Christmas Eve-Eve 1963 and 22 April 1964.

But the status of the scribbled 'Fritz notes' as preparation for the writing of the full report dictated 10 January 1964 allows us to be much more precise:

Captain Fritz listened to the Bookhout interrogation reports at some point between 23 December 1963 and 10 January 1964.

In other words... Captain Fritz wrote this-------

--------between 31 and 47 days after Mr Oswald's death
--------between 33 and 49 days after the first interrogation of Mr Oswald!

They are 33-49 days too late for 'contemporaneity'!

Thumb1:

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1438 on: March 02, 2019, 04:53:39 PM »
"The first officer to reach the six-story building, Lieutenant Curry said, found Oswald among other persons in a lunchroom."

New York Times, Nov 24th, Dallas.

The day before he said this, Chief Curry had been saying that Mr Oswald had been 'stopped' at the front entrance!

Where has Curry gotten this new idea of 'among other persons in a lunchroom' from? The lunchroom bit we understand, but not the 'among other persons' bit...

The 'among other persons' idea was to haunt the investigation for months! In September 1964, Mr Truly and Officer Baker were even asked to give statements whose sole purpose was to nix this rumor.

Curious!

:-\

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1438 on: March 02, 2019, 04:53:39 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1439 on: March 02, 2019, 04:57:34 PM »
"The first officer to reach the six-story building, Lieutenant Curry said, found Oswald among other persons in a lunchroom."

New York Times, Nov 24th, Dallas.

The day before he said this, Chief Curry had been saying that Mr Oswald had been 'stopped' at the front entrance!

Where has Curry gotten this new idea of 'among other persons in a lunchroom' from? The lunchroom bit we understand, but not the 'among other persons' bit...

The 'among other persons' idea was to haunt the investigation for months! In September 1964, Mr Truly and Officer Baker were even asked to give statements whose sole purpose was to nix this rumor.

Curious!

:-\

Mr. BELIN. All right. When you left the lunchroom, did you leave with the other girls?
Mrs. REID. No; I didn't. The younger girls had gone and I left alone.
Mr. BELIN. Were you the last person in the lunchroom?
Mrs. REID. No; I could not say that because I don't remember that part of it because I was going out of the building by myself, I wasn't even, you know, connected with anyone at all.
Mr. BELIN. Were there any men in the lunchroom when you left there?
Mrs. REID. I can't, I don't, remember that.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mrs. REID. I can't remember the time they left.

Hmmm...  :-\