Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: See clip. Cop holding his own revolver checking wallet at Tippit scene or ...  (Read 4669 times)

Offline Dan DAlimonte

Advertisement
was it the suspect's gun left at the scene as the commentator is suggesting?  28:20

Btw ... this clip is an hour give or take and if you can't advance it here
go to YT  and punch in, The Lost John F Kennedy Tape.  At least there you can advance
it quickly or watch the following vid which is far shorter.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 01:41:11 PM by Dan DAlimonte »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Dan DAlimonte

@28:15, Markham doesn't look too hysterical...

Yeah, Tom.  I noticed that as well.
Thx for responding.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 07:02:57 PM by Dan DAlimonte »

Offline Dan DAlimonte

You're welcome. A few more things I have picked up:

@30:05 Shooting at 10th and Crawford ... Lee H. Oswald ... that's the first [?] occation of his name.

@31:05 Hill messing with pistol.

@40:25 Wade trying too hard not to look like a liar.

@41:50 News reporter, "Almost airtight case"(!)

On the wallet, here's a piece addressing the various issues:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=16248#relPageId=46&tab=page

Long time since I viewed the clip, glad you posted it. The most interesting part to me is @3:15, Croy stating he found the wallet. I've mentioned Croy in another thread and he stated nothing about finding any evidence at the scene and also confirmed that he was not interviewed by DP or the FBI -- does it say SA Robert Barret in the upper RH corner?

So if the wallet was found at the scene why wasn't it simply handed over to Barnes of the crime scene search section? It wouldn't surprise me if the wallet was, or should have been, connected with t  he jacket "found" at the Texaco parking lot but the events escalated out of control...

Thx again, Tom, your input is always appreciated.
I must have seen that clip of the wallet at least two dozen times but I never noticed the
cop examining it had a gun in his hand.  If it was his own gun why didn't he holster it
and then have both hands free to look at the contents?  If it wasn't his own gun then there can only be two other possibilities ... it was Tippit's gun or it was left there by the suspect.  Yes ... I fully realize there was some misleading facts given by the news men that day as stated in the video ... some 200 cops went to the TT  ... the suspect inside the TT had a shotgun ... and as stated ... the wallet AND THE GUN were left at the scene of Tippit's death by the suspect but ...was the gun in the cop's hand the standard type of sidearm used by the DPD during that time period?  Could the gun in hand be an automatic pistol?  Maybe Paul or someone with the knowledge of firearms could weigh in and give some definitive answers? 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 02:58:06 AM by Dan DAlimonte »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Dan DAlimonte

Dan, just another tidbit...

Mr. BELIN. Where was the police car parked?
Mrs. DAVIS. It was parked between the hedge that marks the apartment house where he lives in and the house next door.

Hey, Tom.  To be honest the Davis sisters or sisters-in-laws weren't that
familiar to me in regards to what happened to Tippit but after reading about them,
I see what you mean. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:54:53 PM by Dan DAlimonte »

Offline Dan DAlimonte

Here again.  If you look at the first vid provided or better yet
go to YT and type the Lost JFK Assassination Tape so you can advance
at your own speed, you will note that during the Tippit sequence only one cop
has a weapon in his hand and that's a rifle leaning on his shoulder when Markham appears.
The only other police officer with a gun in hand is the same one who at the same time
is looking through the wallet.  Isn't that unusual?  So, again is it his own gun, Tippit's or was it
indeed like the wallet left at the scene by the suspect?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Brown

Hey, Tom, I agree with you the odds are more likely to favor it was Tippit's gun
as opposed to Croy handling his own gun in such a manner while he was checking out the wallet
or that the suspect would have left it behind.

Btw ... what's important here is whether the gun in hand was either Croy's or Tippit's
if it was neither ... then matching Oswald's revolver would be a moot point.

Hi Dan.  That is not Officer Kenneth Croy who is seen in the footage holding the wallet and gun.  Sgt. Bud Owens is the man who is holding those two items.

Offline Dan DAlimonte

Hi Dan.  That is not Officer Kenneth Croy who is seen in the footage holding the wallet and gun.  Sgt. Bud Owens is the man who is holding those two items.

Thx, Bill, for the info.  So the wallet was found by Croy as stated in the second clip and
then it ended up in Owens hands which was filmed.  The gun in Owens hand as he was searching the
wallet was most likely Tippits, correct?  If the last part is true then the assertion made by the
newsman on WFAA who stated the gun was left there by the suspect was only that ... an assertion
with nothing to support it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:07:44 PM by Dan DAlimonte »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Dan DAlimonte

First of all, I'm not the type to bump my own thread esp after it has run it's course
but just to provide some clarification.

1.  The topic which I thought was new was already presented in the following
forum and discussed as early as 2008.  The issue?  Whether the gun in Owens hand
as he was examining the wallet was his own, Tippit's or could it be possible as stated by
the WFAA newsman that like the wallet it was left at the scene by the suspect.

2.  It does seem highly likely it was indeed Tippit's pistol esp if you consider
what our own Steve Thomas wrote in the last reply. 

If anyone notices anything which counters that, then please present it
but it does seem to me to be another dead end.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/12705-tippits-service-pistol/