Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Muzzle flash from another gunman on the second floor of the records building.  (Read 7111 times)

Offline Steve Barber

Advertisement
John,

The rifle would be pointed on a downward angle causing the muzzle flash to be lower than the user.  Also, you would probably have to adjust the location of the muzzle flash for the angle where Mr. Bell filmed from.

If it is not a muzzle flash, what do you suppose it is?  That flash does not show any signs of a burnt frame in the film.  A burnt frame at the same exact place on the frame where there are people with what seems to be a rifle would be too coincidental in my view.

It may have been caused by the pointed marker on the film editor when being repaired for a splice where the film was broken on the original. The pointed marker made a hole to indicate which frames one wanted to remove.  The white spot you refer to as a "muzzle blast" has dark edges surrounding it on the outer portion on the left side of it.   View the copy of it by going to the Sixth Floor Museum.  It is definitely a hole and definitely not a "muzzle blast".  http://emuseum.jfk.org/view/objects/asitem/items@:23202
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:08:16 PM by Steve Barber »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Royell Storing

It's nothing but an anomaly on the film.  Better copies, like the copy owned by the Sixth Floor Museum(they have the original) show it to be nothing more that an anomaly for one frame.  On top of this, it that were a "muzzle flash" it would be a cannon going off.  No rifle would produce a muzzle flash that size and that color, which is solid white.  This is the frame with the white spot from the copy of the Robert Hughes film owned by the Sixth Floor Museum:

Is the still frame you have posted from the Bell Film? The still frame posted "Bell Film" looks different than the still frame you have posted above.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:00:27 PM by Royell Storing »

Offline Steve Barber

Is the still frame you have posted from the Bell Film? The still frame posted "Bell Film" looks different than the still frame you have posted above.

No, as I indicate with the frame I posted, it is from the Sixth Floor Museum's copy of the Robert Hughes film, not the Mark Bell film.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Royell Storing

No, as I indicate with the frame I posted, it is from the Sixth Floor Museum's copy of the Robert Hughes film, not the Mark Bell film.

Thanks. The posted Hughes still frame & the Bell still frame = a "flash" from different windows.  The Bell Film FLASH on "The Lost Bullet" 18:37 - 18:39, might be a bright light turned on somewhere inside the room.

Offline Lukas Kupas

just out of interest, I've always wondered about the building with the scaffolding, and was it closed while the renovation work was on. seems a great spot for a sniper. just a theory.

JFK Assassination Forum