Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Buell Wesley Frazier  (Read 93501 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Buell Wesley Frazier
« Reply #264 on: October 10, 2018, 05:52:48 PM »
Advertisement
Wow ...that was actually a Chap-post?
BWF was a 19 yr old kid at the time. His affidavit was drafted by the Dallas Police [all you have to do is read it]  https://www.google.com/search?q=affidavit+buell+wesley+frazier&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiLgoX60_rdAhUqjFQKHWtJC1QQsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1024&bih=646
As you can see from the link there seems to be different versions of the same affidavit.
How did the police appear to have keyed in on Frazier so quickly? Almost like it was in the script.
Police...Tell us about the curtain rods.
BWF.....What curtain rods?
Police...The curtain rods that Oswald brought to work.
BWF.....He did?

Citation for this please:
Police...Tell us about the curtain rods.
BWF.....What curtain rods?
Police...The curtain rods that Oswald brought to work.
BWF....He did?

In the meantime:

Buell Wesley Frazier Affidavit

THE STATE OF TEXAS

COUNTY OF DALLAS

BEFORE ME, Mary Rattan, a Notary Public in and for said County, State of Texas, on this day personally appeared Buell Wesley Frazier, Age 19, 2439 West 5th Street, Irving, Texas WE 3-8965 who, after being by me duly sworn, on oath deposes and says:

I work at Texas School Book Depository, Corner Elm and Houston. I have worked there since September 13, 1963. I fill orders. About a month ago, I met Lee Harvey Oswald at work. I saw that he was a new man, and I walked up to him and asked him if he was Lee. I figured he must be Lee as my sister had told me about him. I asked him if he would like to ride back and forth with me as I knew his wife lived with Ruth Paine near my house, and he said he would, but only on week ends as he had an apartment of his own in Oak Cliff. After that every Friday evening Lee would ride home with me and then ride back to work with me on Monday morning. He has only rode home from work with me on Fridays, but yesterday morning, Thursday, November 21, 1963, Lee told me that he wanted to ride home with me that evening. I was surprised, and I asked him if he was going with me Friday also, and he said, "No". He told me that he was going home to get some curtain rods. Thursday afternoon Lee rode to Irving with me to Ruth Paine's house, where his wife is staying. I let him out of my car in front of Ruth's house, then I went on. This morning, Friday, November 22, 1963, I got up between 6:00 - 6:30 AM, and got ready to go to work, and then sit down to eat breakfast, about 7:15 AM, me, my mother, and my two little neices [sic] were at the table, and my sister was at the sink. My mother looked up and said, "Who is that looking in the window?" I looked up and said, "That's Lee." I got up and finished getting ready and got my lunch and went to the door and met Lee on the car port. We then walked to my car, it was parked backed up at the side of the car port. Before I got in the car, I glanced in the back seat, and saw a big sack. It must have been about 2' long, and the top of the sack was sort of folded up, and the rest of the sack had been kind of folded under. I asked Lee what was in the sack, and he said "curtain rods", and I remembered that he had told me the day before that he was going to bring some curtain rods. We drove to work the same way that I usually go. We came into town on Stemmons Freeway to Main and Main to Record, and then on across the McKinney and by the warehouse to the parking lot. I parked the car and sit there awhile and run the motor to charge the battery, and while I was doing that, Lee got out and opened the back door and got the package out of the back seat and walked behind the car, then I got out of the car and started walking toward the building where I work. I noticed that Lee had the package in his right hand under his arm, and the package was straight up and down, and he had his arm down, and you could not see much of the package. When we started walking, Lee was just a few feet ahead of me, but he kept waking faster than me, and finally got way ahead of me. I saw him go in the back door at the Loading Dock of the building that we work in, and he still had the package under his arm. I did not see him anymore for about 30 minutes, and then we were both working. Lee did not carry his lunch today. He told me this morning he was going to buy his lunch today. I was standing on the front steps of the building when the Parade came by, and I watched the Parade go by. After President Kennedy had got out of my sight, I heard three shots. I stood there, then people started running by, and I turned, and went back in the building and got my lunch and eat it. I did not see Lee anymore after about 11:00 AM today, and at that time, we were both working, and we were on the first floor.

Wesley Frazier
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN BEFORE ME THIS 22 DAY OF November A.D. 1963
/s/Mary Rattan
Notary Public, Dallas County, Texas
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 05:32:24 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #264 on: October 10, 2018, 05:52:48 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #265 on: October 10, 2018, 06:49:07 PM »
Nice work Jerry Freeman.  Never saw that.  Still reading this whole thing...  I don't want to be premature.

Note that at least one of those are from Ripley's Believe it or Not
BTW, they claim to have Oswald's toe tag, along with the machine & tools used to embalm him
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:21:39 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #266 on: October 11, 2018, 02:13:11 AM »

BTW, they claim to have Oswald's toe tag, along with the machine & tools used to embalm him

It's still an affidavit signed by a notary public, so what exactly is your point?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 10:16:53 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #266 on: October 11, 2018, 02:13:11 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #267 on: October 11, 2018, 05:51:45 AM »
Oswald denied carrying curtain rods. Buell said otherwise.
Oswald said he carried his lunch to work. Buell said he didn't.
Who do you believe?

There is no verbatim record of what Oswald said!

Buell kept proclaiming that he wasn't really paying attention to the bag. That oft-repeated statement alone could raise investigator eyebrows; suggesting a kind of 'methinks the Bueller doth protesteth too much'

Why would that raise eyebrows for an investigator? It's fairly common for people not to pay much attention to most what is around them. More than anything else it sounds like a build in safety measure to me, as it gave Frazier some protection to being pinned down too solidly to a statement. And, of course, it could well be true.

You ignore the threat of fisticuffs Buell faced in interrogation. You can sanitize his situation as much as you want, but he had to know he was in deep crap.

No, I didn't ignore that at all. A 19 year old kid who knows he hasn't done anything wrong, has no reason to lie to police. An innocent indivual doesn't usually lie to try and get out of trouble. Besides, if he was going to lie, why not tell investigators what they wanted to hear; i.e. that the bag they had was indeed the bag he saw Oswald carry?

I stand by my point that Randle & Buell could have decided to hedge their bets. It would have been the smart move.

I disagree. The move would have been just as stupid as you standing by that point!

>>>He said the bag he was carrying contained his lunch. Buell says different. You can't have it both ways. Either Buell or Oswald lied about that. Again, who do you think was lying about curtain rods: Buell or Oswald?

Why would that raise eyebrows for an investigator?
>>> Did I say would, or could? You need to stop misrepresenting what I said.

No, I didn't ignore that at all. A 19 year old kid who knows he hasn't done anything wrong, has no reason to lie to police.
>>> This particular 19yo 'kid' was sharp enough to recognize a fist being raised by an apparently irate officer who seemed intent on getting Buell's signature on a confession.

An innocent indivual doesn't usually lie to try and get out of trouble
>>> An innocent individual who is physically threatened by police?

Besides, if he was going to lie, why not tell investigators what they wanted to hear; i.e. that the bag they had was indeed the bag he saw Oswald carry?
>>> It would be folly to admit that. He would then have to explain why he never considered the package seemed big enough to carry a broken down rifle, on a day when the POTUS would be driving right past their workplace.

I disagree. The move would have been just as stupid as you standing by that point!
>>> So because you disagree with me I'm stupid, huh. You must have all the answers. Can't wait for your press conference.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:55:38 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2018, 10:32:33 AM »
>>>He said the bag he was carrying contained his lunch. Buell says different. You can't have it both ways. Either Buell or Oswald lied about that. Again, who do you think was lying about curtain rods: Buell or Oswald?

Why would that raise eyebrows for an investigator?
>>> Did I say would, or could? You need to stop misrepresenting what I said.

No, I didn't ignore that at all. A 19 year old kid who knows he hasn't done anything wrong, has no reason to lie to police.
>>> This particular 19yo 'kid' was sharp enough to recognize a fist being raised by an apparently irate officer who seemed intent on getting Buell's signature on a confession.

An innocent indivual doesn't usually lie to try and get out of trouble
>>> An innocent individual who is physically threatened by police?

Besides, if he was going to lie, why not tell investigators what they wanted to hear; i.e. that the bag they had was indeed the bag he saw Oswald carry?
>>> It would be folly to admit that. He would then have to explain why he never considered the package seemed big enough to carry a broken down rifle, on a day when the POTUS would be driving right past their workplace.

>>> So because you disagree with me I'm stupid, huh. You must have all the answers. Can't wait for your press conference.

He said the bag he was carrying contained his lunch.

Did you hear Oswald say that? Since there is no verbatim record of what Oswald said, you must have heard him say that yourself, right?

Did I say would, or could? You need to stop misrepresenting what I said.

There was no misrepresentation. You said; "That oft-repeated statement alone could raise investigator eyebrows" and I asked you why it would. In other words, I was asking you why you feel it "could raise investigator eyebrows" It is not my problem if you don't comprehend what is written.

But let's see if you understand this; by saying "could raise" you implicitely leave the possibility open that it could also be "couldn't raise", which in turn makes your entire argument completely invalid and useless.

This particular 19yo 'kid' was sharp enough to recognize a fist being raised by an apparently irate officer who seemed intent on getting Buell's signature on a confession.

First of all, as far as I can recall, nowhere in Frazier's story is there a fist being raised, so I have no idea where you got that bit of information from. Secondly, Frazier claims that when Fritz presented him with a written confession for him to sign, he stood up to Fritz and said "no", which clearly shows he was not letting Fritz intimidate him.

And yet you basically say that Frazier would have felt intimidated and that's why he lied and told them what they did not want to hear?  BS: Do you see the flaw in this "logic"?

It would be folly to admit that. He would then have to explain why he never considered the package seemed big enough to carry a broken down rifle, on a day when the POTUS would be driving right past their workplace.

This is just plain stupid. You've got two guys driving to work on a regular basis and just because the President comes to town, one of those guys is supposed to suspect the other of carrying a concealed weapon for the purpose of killing Kennedy? Are you for real?

So because you disagree with me I'm stupid, huh.

Nope. Where did I say that? Do you have a comprehension problem? The fact that I disagree with you has nothing to do with you being stupid. Your argument being stupid has to do with your argument being stupid.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:29:27 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2018, 10:32:33 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #269 on: October 11, 2018, 04:48:40 PM »
Just because their alleged accounts differ, that doesn't necessarily mean that one of them is lying.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #270 on: October 12, 2018, 01:09:41 AM »
Blah Blah
Why suck up a bunch of web space quoting the affidavit that the police wrote?
I provided the link and we've all read it.
Now it is/or is it? obvious that BWF was grilled before Fritz [according to his notes] asked Oswald about curtain rods...
I can't find a better photo of RATher holding the curtain rods----

Again---
Mr. BALL - Did he come in with anybody?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - No.
Mr. BALL - He was alone?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes; he was alone.
Mr. BALL - Do you recall him having anything in his hand?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I didn't see anything, if he did.
Mr. BALL - Did you pay enough attention to him, you think, that you would remember whether he did or didn't?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I believe I can---yes, sir---I'll put it this way; I didn't see anything in his hands at the time.
Mr. BALL - In other words, your memory is definite on that is it?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL - In other words, you would say positively he had nothing in his hands?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - I would say that---yes, sir.
In other words, there was no package ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #270 on: October 12, 2018, 01:09:41 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #271 on: October 14, 2018, 05:10:02 AM »
Why suck up a bunch of web space quoting the affidavit that the police wrote?
I provided the link and we've all read it.
Now it is/or is it? obvious that BWF was grilled before Fritz [according to his notes] asked Oswald about curtain rods...
I can't find a better photo of RATher holding the curtain rods----

Again--- In other words, there was no package ;)

Tell us why Rather showing that the 34.8" bag cannot be held in the palm and under the armpit is the only aspect of the Rather bag demo you seem interested in.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 05:29:50 AM by Bill Chapman »