Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Buell Wesley Frazier  (Read 93774 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Buell Wesley Frazier
« Reply #240 on: October 08, 2018, 12:14:25 AM »
Advertisement
What a pity we don't have photos or drawing to show what she meant. Seems  that, like me, you disbelieve what she said. Difference is I believe Linnie and Buell were lying about the bag. You seem to believe that they both  saw the bag but don't believe their estimates of the size.

Actually it's easy to understand what Randle meant, at least with how the bag was gripped. A few months ago I thought the bag might have been carried with a choke grip, and slightly bent arm. I tested that myself at the time... but, that doesn't make sense if he was trying to reduce the package profile. Seems Randle's carry-description would keep the bag right beside him.

Based on Randle's first-day report of an approximate 36" bag length, her brother's rather aggressive handling in interrogation, and then the incredible shrinking bag popping up, one can reasonably argue that FBI/Dallas weren't the only folks taking a CYA stance. So I'm not unreservedly calling them liars in the nasty sense that Johnny666 and others here use. I'm more inclined to place them in the 'white lie' category, as there was never going to be a trial anyway, and Buell had to live down the fact that he drove the potential killer to work that day.

Alternately, as JohnM has just posted, the approximations are in the ballpark as compared to the Rather demo.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:46:01 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #240 on: October 08, 2018, 12:14:25 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #241 on: October 08, 2018, 01:06:20 AM »
Actually it's easy to understand what Randle meant, at least with how the bag was gripped. A few months ago I thought the bag might have been carried with a choke grip, and slightly bent arm. I tested that myself at the time... but, that doesn't make sense if he was trying to reduce the package profile. Seems Randle's carry-description would keep the bag right beside him.

Based on Randle's first-day report of an approximate 36" bag length, her brother's rather aggressive handling in interrogation, and then the incredible shrinking bag popping up, one can reasonably argue that FBI/Dallas weren't the only folks taking a CYA stance. So I'm not unreservedly calling them liars in the nasty sense that Johnny666 and others here use. I'm more inclined to place them in the 'white lie' category, as there was never going to be a trial anyway, and Buell had to live down the fact that he drove the potential killer to work that day.

Alternately, as JohnM has just posted, the approximations are in the ballpark as compared to the Rather demo.

the approximations are in the ballpark as compared to the Rather demo.

The problem is;....  Rather's package not only doesn't look like CE 142 that Detective Montgomery carried from the TSBD...It doesn't fit the description of the sack that Linnie Mae Randle and BWF said they saw Lee carry that morning.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #242 on: October 08, 2018, 04:19:40 AM »
the approximations are in the ballpark as compared to the Rather demo.

The problem is;....  Rather's package not only doesn't look like CE 142 that Detective Montgomery carried from the TSBD...It doesn't fit the description of the sack that Linnie Mae Randle and BWF said they saw Lee carry that morning.

Let's just forget about Rather and focus on the WC investigation. If I remember correctly they showed both witnesses the original and the replica bag and both denied it was the bag they had seen. They asked Frazier and Randle to reproduce multiple copies of the bag that none of them came close to the size the WC needed to conceal a broken down MC rifle.

When they couldn't get Frazier and Randle on board on the size they just said they were mistaken..... What more does anybody else need to know, when investigators start making up their own truth and dismissing the only witnesses who actually saw the bag?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #242 on: October 08, 2018, 04:19:40 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #243 on: October 08, 2018, 05:23:51 AM »
Let's just forget about Rather and focus on the WC investigation. If I remember correctly they showed both witnesses the original and the replica bag and both denied it was the bag they had seen. They asked Frazier and Randle to reproduce multiple copies of the bag that none of them came close to the size the WC needed to conceal a broken down MC rifle.

When they couldn't get Frazier and Randle on board on the size they just said they were mistaken..... What more does anybody else need to know, when investigators start making up their own truth and dismissing the only witnesses who actually saw the bag?

34.8" broken down
Randle estimates 36" package first-day

Buell gets raked over the coals in first-day interrogation
xxxx these xxxxxxxxx for threatening me, figures Buell
Cool sister says lets bs these d-bags and cover our butts

It's every man for himself. The bag shrinks.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 05:31:42 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #244 on: October 08, 2018, 05:42:13 AM »
Randle estimates 36" package first-day

Nope.. Bookhout wrote that this was Randle's estimate. Prove she actually said it!

Futhermore, if what Bookhout wrote in his FB 302 is true, Randle committed perjury in her WC testimony. Was she ever prosecuted?

Make up your own reality as much as you like, but the only two witnesses who ever saw the bag Oswald carried say your reality is wrong, regardless of what Bookhout wrote!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #244 on: October 08, 2018, 05:42:13 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #245 on: October 08, 2018, 09:01:54 AM »
Huh? How about you use a tape measure and then the dimensions will be beyond dispute.

JohnM

Holding a metal tape in my hand, it's 30" of tape below my hand.

Happy now?

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #246 on: October 08, 2018, 09:03:06 AM »
Oswald put his long package on the back seat and lied to the DP when he said his rifle lunch was on his lap.
Oswald told the DP that his long package contained his lunch.
Buell said that Oswald told him that the package contained curtain rods.

Here's Linnie and Buell demonstrating their guesstimates for Oswald's "lunch" package.

JohnM

Cheating again, John. Make both Dan and Linnie about the same size. Go on, you know you can do it.

Don't bother.I posted this years ago when you posted your dubious comparison then.

Linnie's package looks a lot smaller in comparison that photo, doesn't it?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 09:23:10 AM by Ray Mitcham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #246 on: October 08, 2018, 09:03:06 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #247 on: October 08, 2018, 01:45:21 PM »

If I remember correctly they showed both witnesses the original and the replica bag and both denied it was the bag they had seen. They asked Frazier and Randle to reproduce multiple copies of the bag that none of them came close to the size the WC needed to conceal a broken down MC rifle.

I believe the police displayed a large paper sack to BWF and LMR  at the police station on the night of 11 /22/63. This sack was the bag that reporters photographed Detective L.D. Montgomery carrying from the TSBD at about 2:00 pm that afternoon.

On Sunday 11/24/ 63 Roy Truly manufactured a paper sack that was reputed to be an "exact replica" of the sack that L.D. Montgomery was photographed carrying.   ( How did they create an "exact replica" when the original sack was a thousand miles away...In Washington DC?)   The FBI agents then took the "exact replica" out to Irving and displayed it to LMR and BWF and asked them if it was the sack that Lee carried on Friday morning....  Both LMR and BWF stated very clearly that the sack that they were being shown was MUCH LARGER than the sack that Lee Oswald carried.