Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Buell Wesley Frazier  (Read 92549 times)

Offline Ray Mitcham

Re: Buell Wesley Frazier
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2018, 07:35:30 PM »
Advertisement
I'm 6' tall. I can hold a 35" pole by my side, grasped as described by Randle. The bottom of the pole reaches to just above my ankle bone. Including my shoes, that leaves 5" to the ground. Knock 3.5" off my height and one finds a match for the Randle near-the-ground description. One is left with the possibility of the package carrying a broken-down, to a 34.8" length, Mannlicher Carcano.

I'm the same height as Oswald and I can hold  a 27" stick between my armpit and my cupped hand. When holding it the bottom of the stick  is about four inches above the ground.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2018, 07:35:30 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2018, 07:54:44 PM »
I'm the same height as Oswald and I can hold  a 27" stick between my armpit and my cupped hand. When holding it the bottom of the stick  is about four inches above the ground.

Is 4" 'almost touching the ground' to you? Not to me.

Randle: "He was carrying a package in a sort of a heavy brown bag, heavier than a grocery bag it looked to me. It was about, if I might measure, about this long, I suppose, and he carried it in his right hand, had the top sort of folded down and had a grip like this, and the bottom, he carried it this way, you know, and it almost touched the ground as he carried it."

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:00:36 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2018, 08:14:10 PM »
I'm the same height as Oswald and I can hold  a 27" stick between my armpit and my cupped hand.

Are you sure Ray? I'm 6'2" and a 27" stick goes from my armpit down past my cupped hand?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2018, 08:14:10 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #235 on: October 07, 2018, 08:14:35 PM »
Is 4" 'almost touching the ground' to you? Not to me.

Randle: "He was carrying a package in a sort of a heavy brown bag, heavier than a grocery bag it looked to me. It was about, if I might measure, about this long, I suppose, and he carried it in his right hand, had the top sort of folded down and had a grip like this, and the bottom, he carried it this way, you know, and it almost touched the ground as he carried it."

What a pity we don't have photos or drawing to show what she meant. Seems  that, like me, you disbelieve what she said. Difference is I believe Linnie and Buell were lying about the bag. You seem to believe that they both  saw the bag but don't believe their estimates of the size.

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2018, 08:18:02 PM »
Are you sure Ray? I'm 6'2" and a 27" stick goes from my armpit down past my cupped hand?

JohnM

Tell you what, I'll try to post a photo tomorrow. Too busy to sort it tonight.

Just thought on, though, you probably won't think that the stick is 27", and that I'm cheating. You'll just have to take my word for it. I've actually tried this before so I'm not inventing it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2018, 08:18:02 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #237 on: October 07, 2018, 08:20:10 PM »
Isn't there a photo of Buell holding the package like he said Oswald held it? I'm sure I've see one somewhere.

Just remembered, it's on a previous page.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:23:47 PM by Ray Mitcham »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #238 on: October 07, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »
Tell you what, I'll try to post a photo tomorrow. Too busy to sort it tonight.

Just thought on, though, you probably won't think that the stick is 27", and that I'm cheating. You'll just have to take my word for it. I've actually tried this before so I'm not inventing it.

Huh? How about you use a tape measure and then the dimensions will be beyond dispute.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #238 on: October 07, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #239 on: October 07, 2018, 08:59:10 PM »
What a pity we don't have photos or drawing to show what she meant. Seems  that, like me, you disbelieve what she said. Difference is I believe Linnie and Buell were lying about the bag. You seem to believe that they both  saw the bag but don't believe their estimates of the size.

Oswald put his long package on the back seat and lied to the DP when he said his rifle lunch was on his lap.
Oswald told the DP that his long package contained his lunch.
Buell said that Oswald told him that the package contained curtain rods.

Here's Linnie and Buell demonstrating their guesstimates for Oswald's "lunch" package.

JohnM