Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Buell Wesley Frazier  (Read 105145 times)

Offline Ray Mitcham

Re: Buell Wesley Frazier
« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2018, 12:10:01 PM »
Advertisement
Randle "Mrs. RANDLE. He was carrying a package in a sort of a heavy brown bag, heavier than a grocery bag it looked to me. It was about, if I might measure, about this long, I suppose, and he carried it in his right hand, had the top sort of folded down and had a grip like this, and the bottom, he carried it this way, you know, and it almost touched the ground as he carried it. "

If it the package had been 3.6" long, he would have to been holding the package in the middle not at the top as she says he was.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2018, 12:10:01 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2018, 01:19:26 PM »
Try to follow along. Rather is demonstrating the 34.8" size, not the exact look of the bag.

I maintain that at that size, the bag wouldn't be all that difficult to fool someone who thinks it contained curtain rods, and another who saw Oswald only out of the corner of his eye... especially wearing a baggy-sleeved jacket, allowing for extra concealment.

Try to follow along. Rather is demonstrating the 34.8" size, not the exact look of the bag.

Yes, he knew that he was talking to suckers who wouldn't know that the sack he was showing them was NOT like the bag in evidence  ( CE 142)   He knew he could dupe fools......  And it looks like he succeeded.  He duped at least one fool, didn't he Chappie?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #226 on: October 07, 2018, 01:32:20 AM »
No, I don't think it will.  Linnie Mae always maintained that the bag he saw was shorter.  During her testimony they measured how long she estimated it to be with a mockup and came up with 27 inches one time and 28 1/2 inches the other time.  FBI agents would conduct their interviews and not take contemporaneous notes.  They would finish the interview and then go off and transcribe what they heard.  The WC should have asked her about this discrepancy because it very possible that Bookhout misunderstood her or didn't transcribe what she said properly.  We also don't know if she gave Bookhout a length herself or if Bookhout estimated it himself from her holding her hands apart or whatever.

What we do know is that Bookout reported that Randle stated the bag was approximately 3', no matter how many Bookout-might-have-done-this, Bookout-might-have-done-thatisms you lot can cook up.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 01:39:57 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #226 on: October 07, 2018, 01:32:20 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #227 on: October 07, 2018, 01:56:30 AM »

Yes, he knew that he was talking to suckers who wouldn't know that the sack he was showing them was NOT like the bag in evidence  ( CE 142)   He knew he could dupe fools......  And it looks like he succeeded.  He duped at least one fool, didn't he Chappie?

The whole point is to first demonstrate that the bag profile (at 34.8") was small enough to be concealed. Tony and others always used CE142 in its flattened, spread out version, so as to make the profile appear as large as possible.

The real dupes are you lot.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2018, 03:25:39 AM »

What we do know is that Bookout reported that Randle stated the bag was approximately 3', no matter how many Bookout-might-have-done-this, Bookout-might-have-done-thatisms you lot can cook up.

What is also known is that Randle never stated that size whenever we heard from her directly?...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2018, 03:25:39 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #229 on: October 07, 2018, 06:30:22 AM »
What is also known is that Randle never stated that size whenever we heard from her directly?...

Smart lady...

;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 06:40:12 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #230 on: October 07, 2018, 02:26:24 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #230 on: October 07, 2018, 02:26:24 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #231 on: October 07, 2018, 07:11:09 PM »

He said. She said. People think the assassination included a conspiracy. People think Oswald the killer. Buell is forever remembered as the driver of the car that delivered Oswald to work.

BSing about the bag size would be the smart move.

I'm 6' tall. I can hold a 35" pole by my side, grasped as described by Randle. The bottom of the pole reaches to just above my ankle bone. Including my shoes, that leaves 5" to the ground. Knock 3.5" off my height and one finds a match for the Randle near-the-ground description. One is left with the possibility of the package carrying a broken-down, to a 34.8" length, Mannlicher Carcano.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:35:43 PM by Bill Chapman »