Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Buell Wesley Frazier  (Read 105917 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: Buell Wesley Frazier
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2018, 05:59:58 PM »
Advertisement
Richard,

1) LHO's lunch sack may have been the sack described by Buell and his sister. Oswald was poor, staying at some else house. He would have grabbed anything available to reuse. As I have previously pointed out, the sack may have been one that orignally contained curtain rods, which Oswald reused for his lunch. When asked about the lunch sack, he may have responded to Buell with an answer as to its origins (explaining the unusual length) not its current contents.

Frazier's testimony is clear.  He asked Oswald about his lunch.  Oswald indicated to him that he was going to buy it that day.  Oswald did not carry his lunch that morning.  He certainly did not carry his lunch that morning in a two-foot plus long bag.

Mr. BALL - Did you notice whether or not Lee had a package that looked like a lunch package that morning?
Mr. FRAZIER - You know like I told you earlier, I say, he didn't take his lunch because I remember right when I got in the car I asked him where was his lunch and he said he was going to buy his lunch that day.
Mr. BALL - He told you that that day, did he?
Mr. FRAZIER - Right. That is right. So, I assumed he was going to buy it, you know, from that catering service man like a lot of the boys do. They don't bring their lunch but they go out and buy their lunch there.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2018, 05:59:58 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2018, 06:19:44 PM »
Frazier's testimony is clear.  He asked Oswald about his lunch.  Oswald indicated to him that he was going to buy it that day.  Oswald did not carry his lunch that morning.  He certainly did not carry his lunch that morning in a two-foot plus long bag.

Mr. BALL - Did you notice whether or not Lee had a package that looked like a lunch package that morning?
Mr. FRAZIER - You know like I told you earlier, I say, he didn't take his lunch because I remember right when I got in the car I asked him where was his lunch and he said he was going to buy his lunch that day.
Mr. FRAZIER - Right. That is right. So, I assumed he was going to buy it, you know, from that catering service man like a lot of the boys do. They don't bring their lunch but they go out and buy their lunch there.

Strange you believe Frazier when he talks about his lunch but not when he describes the length of the bag.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2018, 08:06:27 PM »
Strange you believe Frazier when he talks about his lunch but not when he describes the length of the bag.

That's because there is an obvious distinction between estimating the size of an object with specificity and a general matter like whether he asked Oswald about his lunch.  I think Frazier was telling the truth to the best of his abilities in both instances but simply got his estimate off.  But if you find something odd in this, then how would you reconcile believing Frazier about the size of the bag but not his discussion of Oswald's lunch? Or do you not apply the same "logic" to conspiracy theories?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2018, 08:06:27 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2018, 08:50:52 PM »
That's because there is an obvious distinction between estimating the size of an object with specificity and a general matter like whether he asked Oswald about his lunch.  I think Frazier was telling the truth to the best of his abilities in both instances but simply got his estimate off.  But if you find something odd in this, then how would you reconcile believing Frazier about the size of the bag but not his discussion of Oswald's lunch? Or do you not apply the same "logic" to conspiracy theories?

When Frazier said the bag he saw fitted between the cup of Oswald?s hand and his armpit, there is no estimate. It?s merely a statement of fact about what he observed. So, Richard... tell us, did he tell the truth?

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2018, 09:29:02 PM »
When Frazier said the bag he saw fitted between the cup of Oswald?s hand and his armpit, there is no estimate. It?s merely a statement of fact about what he observed. So, Richard... tell us, did he tell the truth?

His estimate was honest but erroneous.   I think he believes his estimate is correct, but we have the bag.  So there is no need to speculate on its size.  It can be measured.  If Oswald carried a long bag along the size estimated by Frazier, then why would he deny that?  He would have every incentive to not only acknowledge it, but direct the police to it to show that it contained something other than a rifle.  Instead he lies about it and says he carried only his lunch in direct contradiction of Frazier's testimony.  That tells us all we need to know.  Oswald's prints are found on such a long bag.  No bag matching Frazier's estimate was ever found or otherwise accounted for because no such bag existed.  End of story.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2018, 09:29:02 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2018, 11:40:40 PM »
His estimate was honest but erroneous.   I think he believes his estimate is correct, but we have the bag.

Note the circular argument here.  It's the same bag because it's the same bag.

Also note that "Richard" invents completely fabricated odds that favor his speculated version of events and actually considers that a compelling argument.

If we are going to just invoke "honest but erroneous" when it's convenient then how about Frazier being "honest but erroneous" when he thought that Oswald said he was going to buy his lunch that day?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 11:44:21 PM by John Iacoletti »

Offline Anthony Clayden

« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2018, 12:30:17 AM »

Richard,

Maybe Oswald only bought some things in the bag and was going to buy the rest of his lunch (we know he purchased at least 1 coke),

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2018, 12:30:17 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2018, 12:53:52 AM »
Richard,

Maybe Oswald only bought some things in the bag and was going to buy the rest of his lunch (we know he purchased at least 1 coke),

So he didn't even have his full lunch in a two-foot plus long bag?  You can't really believe that.  Oswald denied carrying any long bag that morning.