Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Am I the only one...  (Read 36 times)

Online John Corbett

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2689
Am I the only one...
« on: Today at 12:03:49 AM »
...who doesn't give a $hit how much Christa Pike has suffered due to her botched lethal injection execution?

Why did we ever get rid of the electric chair. I don't recall problems like this coming up with Old Sparky.

Online Mike McChesney

  • Subscriber
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Re: Am I the only one...
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:40:48 AM »
HAHAHA No John, you're not the Lone Ranger! Pike herself requested hanging if Lethal Injection didn't work. I prefer nationally televised Woodchipper Integration!

Mike

Online John Corbett

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2689
Re: Am I the only one...
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:01:10 AM »
HAHAHA No John, you're not the Lone Ranger! Pike herself requested hanging if Lethal Injection didn't work. I prefer nationally televised Woodchipper Integration!

Mike

I don't know why they called 911. Were they afraid she was going to die. I thought that was the whole idea. It seems to me they could have just waited it out. Hanging. Electric chair. Gas chamber. All of these seem to be much more efficient than lethal injections. Even a bullet to the back of the head would be a better option than what we are doing now. It now takes 25-30 years of appeals before executions get carried out. Why do we have to concern ourselves with killing these scum humanely.

I just read this from a story about Pike:

"Hospital staff were working to save Pike's life and clear the drug pentobarbital from her system, her attorneys said in an emergency motion, which seeks a court order for Tennessee's Department of Correction to preserve evidence from Wednesday night's botched execution."

Did they really need to work to save her life. Seems to me they could have phoned it in for this case. Maybe when they got the Code Blue, they could have taken a coffee break first. Maybe one of them could have "accidentally" stepped on her breathing tube and saved the taxpayers a big medical bill.

Whether she lives or dies, you can bet her lawyers are already doing the paperwork for an 8 figure lawsuit.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:38:15 AM by John Corbett »