Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 143884 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 02:10:45 AM »
Advertisement

He wasn't the only one not to return. Is there any evidence that shows he got "his" revolver?

Who else left the Dealey Plaza area immediately?

I understand a few other left the building to check out with people in the plaza what happened and then found themselves locked out when the police did not allow anyone to enter or leave. But I don?t know of anyone leaving immediately, let alone taking an expensive (for Oswald) taxi ride.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 02:10:45 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 02:16:21 AM »

When Lee went to work at the TSBD by bus, where was his usual bus stop?

Was there a bus scheduled to come by there within a half hour of 1:00 PM?

Would this bus take him to where he wants to go?

There are several bus stops within a half mile of where I live but I still usually have to walk some ways because the bus isn?t coming soon or it does come soon but it?s not going in the direction I want to go.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 02:17:43 AM »

What are you implying Joe?

Did Mr Truly know where Charles Givens was?

What evidence is there that Charles Givens left Dealey Plaza immediately?

Did he take a taxi?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 02:17:43 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 03:51:01 AM »
First off, I'm not asking this to provoke a fight. I'm just curious as to what some think about Oswald going to the movies, after the President was shot at, from the building he worked in. Some of the TSBD employees left after the shooting, but he was the only one not to return. He went home got his revolver and then went to the movies. Just seems like an odd thing to do, after something as historical as the president getting shot at, happened in front of where he worked.

LOL

I wouldn't call that merely going to the movies exactly. More likely a somewhat-more-urgent gimme shelter response.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:56:17 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 04:30:12 AM »

To Mr Truly, at that immediate time post assassination - Givens could have been the actual assassin or a co conspirator.

. . .

Givens was missing from the line up as well.

. . .

Why did Mr Truly report only Lee "missing"?

Oswald was the natural one for Mr. Truly to suspect. He saw a police officer point a gun at Oswald. He vouched for Oswald because he didn?t realize the shots came from that building, let alone from one of his employees. When he heard a rifle was found, naturally his mind would go back to Officer Baker pointing a gun at Oswald.

If Officer Baker had initially suspected Givens but Truly immediately focused on Oswald, that would be strange. But knowing the shots were fired from that building. The shooter might be one of his employees. And an officer initially suspected Oswald. Naturally his suspicious are going to be initially turned to Oswald. And enhanced when he also realizes he hasn?t seen Oswald since that encounter with Officer Baker.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 04:30:12 AM »

Offline Steve Thomas

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2018, 12:13:57 PM »
First off, I'm not asking this to provoke a fight. I'm just curious as to what some think about Oswald going to the movies, after the President was shot at,

Wesley,

You asked an interesting question in the context that this seems outside Lee Harvey Oswald's normal pattern of behavior. From everything I've ever read, LHO seemed to spend his leisure time reading books. It was either his housekeeper, or landlady that said he did watch TV sometimes, but what I've read, he preferred reading books of one sort or another.

Steve Thomas

Offline Wesley Johnson

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 03:23:36 PM »
You want "thoughts" (i.e. speculation) so you can discuss that instead of actually citing the evidence.

Rob I really don't care what your thoughts are about anything. You obviously are really obsessed with "Sinking the WC" why don't you write a book on it. You might even make some money. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 03:23:36 PM »

Online Sean Kneringer

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2018, 07:44:18 PM »
Because unlike the majority of Americans, who were huddled around televisions and radios to learn of the President's fate, he decided it was more important to see a Mickey Mouse short and a war movie. Totally normal behavior if you think about it.