Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 143811 times)

Offline Wesley Johnson

Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« on: March 20, 2018, 07:16:13 PM »
Advertisement
First off, I'm not asking this to provoke a fight. I'm just curious as to what some think about Oswald going to the movies, after the President was shot at, from the building he worked in. Some of the TSBD employees left after the shooting, but he was the only one not to return. He went home got his revolver and then went to the movies. Just seems like an odd thing to do, after something as historical as the president getting shot at, happened in front of where he worked.

JFK Assassination Forum

Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« on: March 20, 2018, 07:16:13 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 07:25:28 PM »

First off, I'm not asking this to provoke a fight. I'm just curious as to what some think about Oswald going to the movies, after the President was shot at, from the building he worked in. Some of the TSBD employees left after the shooting, but he was the only one not to return. He went home got his revolver and then went to the movies. Just seems like an odd thing to do, after something as historical as the president getting shot at, happened in front of where he worked.

Finally, you're asking a question and a good one at that. I've always wondered about that. It's a conundrum for sure, but then so is him going to a middle of nowhere place like 10th street. What in the world was he doing there, walking along with no obvious place to go, when he could have been on a bus out of town?

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 07:27:42 PM »

Finally, you're asking a question and a good one at that. I've always wondered about that. It's a conundrum for sure, but then so is him going to a middle of nowhere place like 10th street. What in the world was he doing there, walking along with no obvious place to go, when he could have been on a bus out of town?

Great questions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 07:27:42 PM »

Offline Wesley Johnson

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 07:35:00 PM »

And that is a good question as well Martin. It just has seemed really odd, his actions. But then Ruby robbed us of ever knowing the answer.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »
He wasn't the only one not to return. Is there any evidence that shows he got "his" revolver?

Who else did not return?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »

Offline Wesley Johnson

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 07:41:00 PM »
He wasn't the only one not to return. Is there any evidence that shows he got "his" revolver?

Rob do you have any thoughts on why he went to the movies?

Offline Wesley Johnson

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 08:14:01 PM »
He didn't go to the movies. Why did he go into the Texas theater? All you'll get is speculation.

Speculation is fine Steve. I just wanted some thoughts on it. I think he did go to the movies.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 08:14:01 PM »

Offline Anthony Clayden

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 08:16:06 PM »
On the night before, Oswald had gone to visit his wife in an attempt to restore their relationship. He was fond of his child and had another one coming. Marina rejected the rapprochement. For most people this would have left them emotionally distressed, what appeared to be final breakdown and not seeing his children. I cannot speak to Oswald actual frame of mind but the idea of hanging around work with no work to do for most people with that emotional situation from the night before. Going to the movies to escape how crap he was feeling would for most people make sense.