Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 143671 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #944 on: September 25, 2018, 12:14:11 AM »
Advertisement
Actually, it's the "Oswald-Did-It"-ites who are like the Creationists.  They believe it because their book says so, and because an authority figure said so.

an authority figure said so.

Who?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #944 on: September 25, 2018, 12:14:11 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #945 on: September 25, 2018, 12:14:39 AM »
>>> Tricky, differentiating between 'pulling' and 'drawing'

McDonald, quoted in 11/23/63 AP article:

"I saw him going for his gun and I grabbed him around the waist. We struggled and fell around the seats for a few seconds and I got my hand on the butt of his pistol."

Paul Bentley KRLD interview, 11/22/63:

"as he reached for his pistol I grabbed him along with two or three other officers".

That was later embellished by McDonald into "he was drawing it".  McDonald said he grabbed Oswald's hand before the gun ever came out, therefore Oswald did not "pull a gun".

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #946 on: September 25, 2018, 12:17:05 AM »
We've been through your list and it amounts to Markham not understanding a question and Markham understandably being a little distressed because in front of her very eyes she witnesses a man being shot to death. But it still doesn't change her positive identification, sorry about that.

I'm sorry that you actually think that biased, unfair lineups prove anything.  All of Henry Wade's overturned cases indicate otherwise.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #946 on: September 25, 2018, 12:17:05 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #947 on: September 25, 2018, 12:18:24 AM »
What a bizarre argument, Brewer saw Oswald enter the theater and Oswald was in the theater, we even see Oswald leaving the theater.

Sorry, Brewer did not see anybody enter the theater.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #948 on: September 25, 2018, 12:23:39 AM »
Actually, it's the "Oswald-Did-It"-ites who are like the Creationists.  They believe it because their book says so, and because an authority figure said so.

Well there is one point that you and I are in total agreement......  They are like little kids who believe Alice really did fall down a rabbit hole into a completely different world.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #948 on: September 25, 2018, 12:23:39 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #949 on: September 25, 2018, 12:49:29 AM »
McDonald, quoted in 11/23/63 AP article:

"I saw him going for his gun and I grabbed him around the waist. We struggled and fell around the seats for a few seconds and I got my hand on the butt of his pistol."

Paul Bentley KRLD interview, 11/22/63:

"as he reached for his pistol I grabbed him along with two or three other officers".

That was later embellished by McDonald into "he was drawing it".  McDonald said he grabbed Oswald's hand before the gun ever came out, therefore Oswald did not "pull a gun".

I suspect that Lee was given that revolver after he entered the theater, by someone he trusted , when that agent told him that the hoax had gone awry and he could be in danger, so he should be armed.   In reality it was hoped that the cops would shoot him and then claim that he had pulled a gun and tried to shoot them.. 

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #950 on: September 25, 2018, 12:54:54 AM »
You could have just said "no, I don't have any evidence that the Texas Theater tore tickets" rather than just trying to shift the burden of proof.
Other than Butch Burroughs telling the Commission that part of his job was "taking tickets," you are technically correct that there is no direct evidence for the idea. In the sense of "technically correct" that makes other people roll their eyes comment as to how you're acting like a total dorkotronic unit.

For that matter:
I also have no direct evidence that the DISD was taking attendance that day.
I also have no direct evidence that other people eat breakfast when I'm not around.
I also have no direct evidence that the alleged nation of Uzbekistan exists.
I also have no direct evidence that the Moon orbits the Earth.
I also have no direct evidence that you're a human being, rather than some poorly-rigged software failure, programmed by drunken wombats, aimed at passing a C-league junior-varsity Turing test.

That being said:
Taking tickets, tearing them, then giving a punter the stub as a proof of purchase is a ubiquitous activity at theaters. That's because there are well-established practical reasons behind doing it that way: it's a cheap way to cancel the ticket (so it can't be re-used by  someone else) while leaving the customer a receipt proving that they are entitled to to whatever acccess/services granted by the ticket. Ubiquitous enough that it's reasonable to assume that the Texas Theatre did --especially if Burroughs was "taking tickets." 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:57:21 AM by Mitch Todd »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #950 on: September 25, 2018, 12:54:54 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #951 on: September 25, 2018, 12:56:29 AM »
Except how did they know a "manhunt was underway"?

The first clue would be the radio reports Brewer said they were listening to about the murder(s), and cop cars with sirens blaring, flooding Oak Cliff.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 04:21:12 AM by Bill Chapman »