Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 142427 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #936 on: September 24, 2018, 11:45:20 PM »
Advertisement
This constant mission to discredit Markham is sad and pathetic. But hey, whatever it takes.

She discredits herself.  Why all the dancing and twisting to make excuses for her bizarre claims?  Could it be because she's the only witness to the Tippit shooting who identified the man (in an unfair lineup) as Oswald (because of his eyes)?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #936 on: September 24, 2018, 11:45:20 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #937 on: September 24, 2018, 11:45:32 PM »
If the part in bold can be supported then it would blow the lid off this fairytale.

Yes, the only thing lacking is any evidence!  Brewer confirms he went to work at the shoe company straight out of school.

Mr. BELIN - Did you go to school after you graduated from high school?
Mr. BREWER - I went to Southwest Texas State Teachers College in San Marcos a year, and a year in Nixon Clay Business College in Austin.
Mr. BELIN - Then what did you do?
Mr. BREWER - I got married and quit school and went to work for Hardy's Shoe Store. I----that was in September, and I got married in December. And I have been with them ever since.
Mr. BELIN - When did you go to work for Hardy's Shoe Store?
Mr. BREWER - In September of 1961.
Mr. BELIN - Do they assign you to any particular store?
Mr. BREWER - I worked at the Capital Plaza Shopping Center in Austin for about 10 months, and then they transferred me to Dallas and gave me a store down on Jefferson.
Mr. BELIN - In Austin were you just a shoe salesman?
Mr. BREWER - I was assistant manager.
Mr. BELIN - And they transferred you to a shop on Jefferson?
Mr. BREWER - Yes.
Mr. BELIN - In Dallas?
Mr. BREWER - Yes.
Mr. BELIN - What is the address of that shop in Dallas?
Mr. BREWER - 213 West Jefferson.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #938 on: September 24, 2018, 11:52:51 PM »
She discredits herself. 

We've been through your list and it amounts to Markham not understanding a question and Markham understandably being a little distressed because in front of her very eyes she witnesses a man being shot to death. But it still doesn't change her positive identification, sorry about that.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #938 on: September 24, 2018, 11:52:51 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #939 on: September 24, 2018, 11:58:48 PM »
Oh, and did I mention that Brewer actually saw That Man in the theater when they turned the lights up?

I know Brewer thought that the guy he saw 50 yards away down by the furniture store from behind was the same guy who was standing is his vestibule was the same guy he pointed out in the theater.  But that doesn't make it true.

To get from that collection of statements to "she said she wasn't sure whether he did or not," you have to pretend most of them don't exist, then take the last remaining one and strip the negative connotation completely out of it. I'm sure that was all just an accident.

No accident at all.

Brewer, John Gibson, and George Applin all saw a pistol in Oswald's hand during the melee with the cops. How did it get there if he didn't draw it himself? I mean, did a feral revolver that lived in the alley charge into the theater through the open back door then lunge at McDonald's throat before Oswald bravely saved the day by grabbing the rabies-crazed firearm to protect McDonald from it's venomous bite?

Are arguments by sarcasm in the LN playbook?  As for Applin:

Mr. BALL - Who pulled the pistol?
Mr. APPLIN - I guess it was Oswald, because--for one reason, that he had on a short sleeve shirt, and I seen a man's arm that was connected to the gun.

Was Oswald wearing a short-sleeved shirt?

He entered a theater without buying a ticket and sat down in the auditorium. That would most likely constitute criminal trespass.

Great, what's your evidence that Oswald entered a theater without buying a ticket?

And the cops didn't even need a warrant or probable cause to stop and frisk you. Remember the NYPD's "stop and frisk" program?

Here's some background from people with an actual legal background:
https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/when-can-the-police-stop-and-frisk-you-on-the-street

Cool, now ask your "people with an actual legal background" when the Supreme Court case authorizing "stop and frisk" was decided.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #940 on: September 25, 2018, 12:05:09 AM »
I know Brewer thought that the guy he saw 50 yards away down by the furniture store from behind was the same guy who was standing is his vestibule was the same guy he pointed out in the theater.  But that doesn't make it true.

What a bizarre argument, Brewer saw Oswald enter the theater and Oswald was in the theater, we even see Oswald leaving the theater.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #940 on: September 25, 2018, 12:05:09 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #941 on: September 25, 2018, 12:05:33 AM »
Well, he starts out arguing something like a creationist playing the old transitional-forms angle:

That is, Creationist looks at the fossil record, and says,"hey, there's a gap between species B and species R. Evolution can't be right, because there should be a transition form between the two."

Actually, it's the "Oswald-Did-It"-ites who are like the Creationists.  They believe it because their book says so, and because an authority figure said so.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #942 on: September 25, 2018, 12:06:50 AM »
It makes sense for citizens to remain behind locked doors when a manhunt is underway.

Except how did they know a "manhunt was underway"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #942 on: September 25, 2018, 12:06:50 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #943 on: September 25, 2018, 12:10:21 AM »
First off, I'm not asking this to provoke a fight. I'm just curious as to what some think about Oswald going to the movies, after the President was shot at, from the building he worked in. Some of the TSBD employees left after the shooting, but he was the only one not to return. He went home got his revolver and then went to the movies. Just seems like an odd thing to do, after something as historical as the president getting shot at, happened in front of where he worked.

First off, I'm not asking this to provoke a fight.

Your intentions may be honorable but You pose a question that only ONE person could answer....Lee Oswald....
 Anybody else who proposes an answer is merely guessing and there are bound to be fights between posters who disagree with another persons theory.

I'm just curious as to what some think about Oswald going to the movies, after the President was shot at, from the building he worked in. Some of the TSBD employees left after the shooting, but he was the only one not to return. He went home got his revolver and then went to the movies. Just seems like an odd thing to do, after something as historical as the president getting shot at, happened in front of where he worked.

He went home got his revolver and then went to the movies.

There are some of us who strongly doubt that Lee went home and got his revolver.....The revolver appeared in the dark theater and was  claimed attributed to Lee as  being his revolver when someone handed it to a Dallas Cop and  said..."Here's his gun"....   I seriously doubt that Lee had that revolver when he entered the theater....

He went home got his revolver and then went to the movies. Just seems like an odd thing to do, after something as historical as the president getting shot at, happened in front of where he worked.[

Yes, I agree It seems like an odd thing to do..... and that's why I don't believe he did that.....  The revolver appeared as if by magic in that theater....
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 12:42:03 AM by Walt Cakebread »