Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 145081 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #832 on: September 21, 2018, 02:55:05 AM »
Advertisement
How many of them were behaving like they were avoiding the police in the aftermath of not one but two major crimes?
The sum total evidence that he was "avoiding the police":  He looked funny and scared to Brewer.
More than that. Police cars are approaching Brewer's store from the East, sirens blazing. A somewhat disheveled That Man (again, hereafter TM)  tucks into the vestibule at the store's entrance. He doesn't enter, but just stands there just outside the door and keeps his back turned to the street. Brewer notices that TM is staring (as you like to point out), but he's not staring at the merchandise in the store or the display cases on either side of the vestibule. The police cars make a U-turn at Zang, half a block short of reaching the shoe store, and head back to the East. TM looks over his shoulder, then proceeds in a Westerly direction, away from where the police cars came from. TM continues on until he reaches the Texas Theatre, when Brewer sees TM disappear into the recess at the front of the theater. Brewer walks to the theater, doesn't see the guy reappear, and notices TM isn't in front of the theater when Brewer gets there. Brewer realizes that TM had to have entered the theater, and asks the ticket clerk whether she'd sold TM a ticket. He gets a negative response; the guy snuck in. You might be the only sucker alive who couldn't see that as suspicious and evasive behavior.

How many snuck into a theater without buying a ticket? The latter, IIRC, is considered criminal trespass in Texas and is a class B misdemeanor. The police had Oswald just on that.
That would have been really hard for them to prove, given that nobody actually saw or remembered him entering the theater.  And he wasn't arrested for criminal trespass, he was arrested for murder.
He was arrested after he struck a policeman and pulled a gun.  Let me guess: you don't consider that suspicious behavior, either.

The criminal trespass thing would in itself have created probable cause to arrest and search Oswald once Brewer pointed him out.

However, we don't need to have a witness who actually saw TM enter the theater. Let me go over this again: Brewer saw TM walk to the theater and make a right into the recess at the front of the building. Brewer took off in that direction, didn't see TM reappear onto the sidewalk, and didn't see TM hanging out in the recess when Brewer got there. The only place TM could have gone is into the theater. Postal testified that she saw TM enter the recess,  but did not see him go past her when she turned to see what was going on West of the theater. Just based on her testimony, he could have turned around and headed back East, but Brewer's testimony rules that possibility out. And if Postal couldn't remember selling TM a ticket.....

And a good test of whether someone had bought a ticket is to see their ticket stub, BTW.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 03:04:09 AM by Mitch Todd »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #832 on: September 21, 2018, 02:55:05 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #833 on: September 21, 2018, 03:53:04 AM »

This perfectly sums up our differing approaches to this case, you deceitfully present an image with no context and no explanation, whereas I present it all and let the Jury decide.

JohnM

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #834 on: September 21, 2018, 04:33:48 AM »
I didn't ask to read through your series all I want is an answer, who did it and why?

JohnM

You think that LHO did it. Where is your evidence for this?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #834 on: September 21, 2018, 04:33:48 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #835 on: September 21, 2018, 04:37:29 AM »
You think that LHO did it. Where is your evidence for this?

I asked you first, who did it and why?

JohnM

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #836 on: September 21, 2018, 04:44:29 AM »
What's the definition of ownership?

Oswald ordered the rifle.
Oswald was photographed with the rifle.
Oswald's prints were on the rifle.
Oswald's rifle was found at his work.

Btw we know that you will do a point by point try refutation but this time stick to your guns and don't allude to any body else's involvement.

JohnM

When are we ever going to see evidence for your claims? Naked assertions don't cut it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #836 on: September 21, 2018, 04:44:29 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #837 on: September 21, 2018, 04:50:04 AM »
When are we ever going to see evidence for your claims? Naked assertions don't cut it.

When are we ever going to see evidence for your claims?

Go through my history and see multiple examples of where I post evidence, whereas your history just shows ideas and opinions.

Naked assertions don't cut it.

Well you're the Master at "Naked Assertions" you had a massive series full of Personal Opinion and sickening Disinfo and I'm glad they're gone

JohnM

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #838 on: September 21, 2018, 05:51:03 AM »
Same goes for money orders?

Hahaha right on schedule, when you have no answers out comes the bait and switch and again you don't let me down.

But anyway I will quickly go off topic with this powerfully incriminating evidence of Oswald's money order that was determined by at least two expert panels to be written by Oswald!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #838 on: September 21, 2018, 05:51:03 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #839 on: September 21, 2018, 06:45:09 AM »
Same goes for money orders?
Those, you look at the signature on them. They have to be signed by the purchaser, you know. And the one I'll bet you're trying to change the subject to has a signature that has been conclusively determined to be Oswald's