Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 142412 times)

Offline Howard Gee

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #744 on: September 19, 2018, 12:32:32 AM »
Advertisement
OMG! Two acquaintances of Brewer's lounging in his store.  And they were from IBM, no less. Doesn't get any more sinister and diabolical than that !

Yep, the IBM guys and Brewer are suspicious, but Saint Patsy isn't.

There's no end to the troll insanity.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #744 on: September 19, 2018, 12:32:32 AM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #745 on: September 19, 2018, 02:57:54 AM »
Way to take credit for something I told you about.

The "IBM men" just make the whole thing more suspicious.  These guys who lounge around a shoestore on a Friday afternoon ended up locking up for him?  So these guys whose names he can't remember had a key?

No wonder he thought that he should have been fired.

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #746 on: September 19, 2018, 04:36:38 AM »
No wonder he thought that he should have been fired.

Where does he say he thought he should be fired?
I understand he thought he was going to be fired.
They are quite different things. Maybe it's too subtle for you.
Not only did he not get fired but rather he was promoted. That's what the owner thought of Brewer's efforts.
I guess the owner was a CIA operative intent on keeping Brewer quiet about his real role on the 22nd?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #746 on: September 19, 2018, 04:36:38 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #747 on: September 19, 2018, 06:03:23 AM »
[...] She notices him enough to see a "panicked look on his face" and to think he's "running from the police" (even though he wasn't running), and then decides to just turn around and look the other way?  Then Brewer immediately comes up to her and asks about the man and she doesn't know what man or whether or not he bought a ticket?  I think she just didn't want to admit that she supposedly let a guy sneak by her without noticing him at all.

Human beings are hard-wired to quickly and instinctively read the emotions written on the faces and expressions of other human beings. I doubt it took more than a second for her to decide "that man" (hereafter, TM) was "panicky", if even that long.  And she didn't associate the man with the notion of "running from the police" until at least after Johnny Brewer went in to see if he could find him.

Brewer didn't start in the direction of the Texas Theatre until after he saw TM disappear into the theater entrance 240 feet away from where Brewer was standing, so "immediately" may not be the best word to describe the period between TM walk into the theater's entrance recess until Brewer got Postal's attention. 

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #748 on: September 19, 2018, 08:58:16 AM »
Where does he say he thought he should be fired?
I understand he thought he was going to be fired.
They are quite different things. Maybe it's too subtle for you.
Not only did he not get fired but rather he was promoted. That's what the owner thought of Brewer's efforts.
I guess the owner was a CIA operative intent on keeping Brewer quiet about his real role on the 22nd?

Absolutely. Saying you thought you were going to be fired is different from saying you thought you should be fired.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #748 on: September 19, 2018, 08:58:16 AM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #749 on: September 19, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »
Absolutely. Saying you thought you were going to be fired is different from saying you thought you should be fired.

Not really. He thought he was going to be fired because he obviously thought that he did something deserving of it.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #750 on: September 19, 2018, 07:34:33 PM »
No, but someone hiding from the police

Staring at shoes is hiding from the police?  Walking down the sidewalk on Jefferson Blvd is hiding from the police?

and then going on to hide in a theater

If sitting in a theater is hiding, then I guess all of the 15-20 patrons whose names the police "lost" were hiding too, right?

is definitely suspicious and warrants further investigation and per chance the guy they find assaults a Police Officer and has a concealed weapon,

Perchance.  Too bad you can prove neither.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #750 on: September 19, 2018, 07:34:33 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #751 on: September 19, 2018, 07:35:51 PM »
OMG! Two acquaintances of Brewer's lounging in his store.  And they were from IBM, no less. Doesn't get any more sinister and diabolical than that !

Yep, the IBM guys and Brewer are suspicious, but Saint Patsy isn't.

There's no end to the troll insanity.

Says the insane troll who has yet to figure out what Brewer's man did that was suspicious.