Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 142401 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #688 on: September 17, 2018, 09:32:00 PM »
Advertisement
I was asking what you would say if other people came forward to support what Brewer said and to confirm the WC timeline

50+ years later I would be ultra skeptical although level of detail would mean something.

I also asked why, if it is being suggested that Brewer was saying what the WC wanted, why weren't more people 'encouraged' to provide supporting testimony.

As suggested you need to look closer at the evidence, the "Tippit witnesses" is a great start.

You may also ask yourself why the hero was waiting in line to until December 6 to deliver his affidavit.

Tell us how many witnesses to Brewer's timeline would be needed to convince you that he was accurate. One would not be enough, I suspect. You lot would just call him a liar, anyway.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 09:34:26 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #688 on: September 17, 2018, 09:32:00 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #689 on: September 17, 2018, 09:41:13 PM »
The buddies were two unidentified "IBM men" who weren't customers but apparently just liked lounging around his shoe store  (as IBM men do) and I guess he wasn't too worried about abandoning his store with them in there.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=16235#relPageId=9&tab=page

Nothing about Brewer's story makes sense to me.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #690 on: September 17, 2018, 09:41:34 PM »
Tell us how many witnesses to Brewer's timeline would be needed to convince you that he was accurate. One would not be enough, I suspect. You lot would just call him a liar, anyway.

LNers love this particular strawman.

I don't have any evidence, but if I did you wouldn't believe it anyway.  Therefore I'm right.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #690 on: September 17, 2018, 09:41:34 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #691 on: September 17, 2018, 09:43:48 PM »
Where specifically does it say the dispatcher broadcasts ideas?

Sorry, don't understand the question.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #692 on: September 17, 2018, 10:07:17 PM »
You have one on your hand?

On my hand? Is English your first language?

Try
'in hand'
or 'on hand'

And try reading a page or more beyond John's Ferrell page link and discover that Brewr said something to the IBM-without-quotes gents about going to 'check'.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #692 on: September 17, 2018, 10:07:17 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #693 on: September 17, 2018, 10:09:47 PM »
On my hand? Is English your first language?

Try
'in hand'
or 'on hand'

And try reading a page or more beyond John's Ferrell page link and discover that Brewr said something to the IBM-without-quotes gents about going to 'check'.

If you know what he means, why don't you answer his question?

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #694 on: September 17, 2018, 10:53:42 PM »
We already know where misinformation usually originate from.

This is what your hero reported back to Postal:

Mr. BELIN - Then you went upstairs. Did you see him upstairs?
Mr. BREWER - No; I couldn't see anything upstairs.
Mr. BELIN - Did you hear any noises there?
Mr. BREWER - When we first went down to the exit by the stage, we heard a seat pop up, but couldn't see anybody. And we never did see him. But we went back and upstairs and checked, and we came down and went back to the box office and told Julia that we hadn't seen him.
Mr. BELIN - Julia Postal is the cashier?
Mr. BREWER - Yes; and she called the police, and we went----Butch went to the front exit, and I went down by the stage to the back exit and stood there until the police came.

Balcony double checked -- no cigar, but nice try.

Brewer said he "couldn't see anything upstairs."  That can mean it was too dark to tell whether Oswald was there or not.  All it means is that they didn't see Oswald anywhere - upstairs or down in a dark theater.  But they knew he had gone in and somehow got past Burroughs without being noticed. Postal knew from experience that it was possible to elude Burroughs in the foyer by heading up the balcony stairs upon entering the theatre because some kids had apparently done that in the past.  It seems entirely reasonable that this became the basis of the balcony report.     

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #694 on: September 17, 2018, 10:53:42 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #695 on: September 18, 2018, 12:00:21 AM »
Brewer said he "couldn't see anything upstairs."  That can mean it was too dark to tell whether Oswald was there or not.  All it means is that they didn't see Oswald anywhere - upstairs or down in a dark theater.  But they knew he had gone in and somehow got past Burroughs without being noticed.

How did they know that he had gone in?  Neither Brewer, Postal, or Burroughs saw anyone go in at that time, and Brewer and Burroughs did not see him when they checked the balcony and the theater area.