Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 142480 times)

Offline Howard Gee

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #632 on: September 16, 2018, 02:43:14 PM »
Advertisement
Saint Patsy didn't purchase a movie ticket.

Postal's box office booth was flush with the storefronts.

Brewer saw Saint Patsy approach the theater and then disappear from view.

Had Saint Patsy stopped in front of the booth to purchase a ticket, Brewer would have been able to see the transaction.

Additionally, the box office only opened at 1:15 PM and Postal had sold a total of 14 tickets, mostly to patrons that were waiting for the office to open for the first show.

The cost of a ticket was 90 cents, so if Saint Patsy had purchased a ticket, he'd have to count out 90 cents or fork over a dollar and get his 10 cents change. A transaction Brewer would have undoubtedly noticed.

Tippit's murderer wasn't pausing to buy a ticket.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #632 on: September 16, 2018, 02:43:14 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #633 on: September 16, 2018, 04:42:43 PM »
Searching around on the internet last night I saw a reference to KLIF having broadcast the news of a Dallas police officer having been shot at 1.33pm. I tried to find more on this and found that you can actually listen to the radio broadcasts from KLIF which are recorded and preserved so listened to them from just before the news of the shots in Dealey Plaza came through. Quite interesting and moving really. I haven't worked out from them when the news of the Tippit shooting was broadcast yet - but I also found n article about Tippit's family and how they heard the news and it said that heard reports of the shooting of a Dallas Policeman only minutes after it had happened. Sadly apparently the name of the officer was later broadcast before the family had been informed.

A fine bit of sleuthing, I must say.

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #634 on: September 16, 2018, 08:46:18 PM »
Maybe she thought he might have been a customer who'd bought a ticket earlier but either left the theatre and came back, but just didn't pay enough attention to patrons to know for sure.

So you rely on assumption. Good of you to admit this.

Postal and Brewer were two different people. There's no good reason to assume that they would automatically read the same thing into Oswald's behavior.

So you think that Brewer wouldn't have shared why he thought LHO's behavior was suspicious? Please. "Hey Julia. I saw a guy staring near my shoe store window so I followed him. Have you seen him? Did he buy a ticket?"

Sure.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #634 on: September 16, 2018, 08:46:18 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #635 on: September 16, 2018, 09:30:07 PM »
A fine bit of sleuthing, I must say.

Thanks.

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #636 on: September 17, 2018, 01:20:27 AM »

Mr. BELIN - Who was Burroughs?
Mr. BREWER - He was behind the counter. He operated the concession and takes tickets. He was behind the concession stand and I asked him if he had seen a man in a brown shirt of that description, matching that description, and he said he had been working behind the counter and hadn't seen anybody.
And I asked him if he would come with me and show me where the exits were and we would check the exits. And he asked me why.
I told him that I thought the guy looked suspicious.

Um, he looked like suspicious -- LOL

Because he was staring. LOL. My point is Postal didn't learn about JDT's murder UNTIL the police had arrived. How is that possible if Brewer had talked with her about this man?

So far no LNer has explained this to me.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #636 on: September 17, 2018, 01:20:27 AM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #637 on: September 17, 2018, 01:23:01 AM »
lol

Let me guess, you are a 9-11 truther too, right?

::)

9/11 was a conspiracy.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #638 on: September 17, 2018, 04:58:23 AM »
9/11 was a conspiracy.
Of course it was [though I don't quite know what a 'truther' is] :-\

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #638 on: September 17, 2018, 04:58:23 AM »

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #639 on: September 17, 2018, 07:01:02 AM »
9/11 was a conspiracy.

It certainly was a conspiracy.

A group of evil men conspired to hijack aeroplanes and fly them into prominent landmarks. They were pretty successful with two of their plans.  There endeth the conspiracy.

NOTE: Apologies for getting distracted from the OP. I shouldn't have responded to a thread hijacking.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 07:42:08 AM by Steve Howsley »