Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 142485 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #536 on: September 12, 2018, 09:04:13 PM »
Advertisement
What exactly do you think "looking scared" is evidence of?

That the observer thought he looked scared.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #536 on: September 12, 2018, 09:04:13 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #537 on: September 12, 2018, 09:06:10 PM »
"those who mock and insult the other side'

Like you with Inattentional Blindness

You fcn hypocrite

Pointing out that a gorilla playing basketball is not relevant to whether a bag was or was not in a crime scene is not mocking and insulting.  Sorry, you're going to have to find some different rhetoric.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #538 on: September 12, 2018, 09:10:26 PM »

Newbies, just imagine Oswald in that window

So now you want them to imagine evidence?

Of course he does.  That's the only evidence they have.

- imagine Oswald had a rifle in a bag
- imagine that Brennan really saw Oswald aiming a rifle and from the belt up
- imagine that a ring in a cup means premediated murder
- imagine that Oswald picked up a rifle at the post office
- imagine that the rifle in the photo is C2766
- imagine that Oswald used Hidell as an alias

etc, etc, etc

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #538 on: September 12, 2018, 09:10:26 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #539 on: September 12, 2018, 09:12:58 PM »
Did someone say that Brewer's personal observations were evidence of murder?  It seems only CTers are the ones suggesting that.

What other information did the police have when they declared him to be a suspect for murder?

About 3 years ago, a guy came into a coffee shop and sat about 15 feet away from me. He had a backpack. He had an unfriendly, even angry, look on his face. Sure enough, a few minutes later he looked around while loudly blurting out something in a language I didn't recognize.

Did the police then storm in and arrest him for murder?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #540 on: September 12, 2018, 09:14:13 PM »
That the observer thought he looked scared.

If that ain't evidence that somebody just killed a cop I don't know what is!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #540 on: September 12, 2018, 09:14:13 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #541 on: September 12, 2018, 10:05:31 PM »
The fine detail is where the big picture falls apart.

One example I was thinking of when I wrote this was this discussion of why Brewer thought LHO looked suspicious. The analysis of every word (such as sdared & staring) seems to kiss the overall nist of what Brewer was trying, but struggling, to say. I'm sure you've seen someone and thiught there was something odd about them and the situation without really being able to say why ir what it was about that person. It makes sense to me that Brewer 'felt' something was wrongtong about how LHO was acting in the circumstances but wasn't sure what. He watched him go to the Theatre and duck in so followed to investigate, not knowing anything but just sensing something was giing on. If he knew LHO was armed he might nit have followed but he didn't know anything so did, talked to Postal, did a bit of a search then decided to call the police. Trying to analyse every word in his testimony looking for meaning seams to me to be in danger of missing the overall picture.

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #542 on: September 12, 2018, 10:48:20 PM »
She didn't say she saw him enter the theater. She said she saw him come around the corner into the space where the ticket booth was, but didn't see him go through the door.

Visual aid:
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.7431907,-96.826047,3a,60y,6.69h,85.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9PyQ5zmWgGMSxT5qxBRATQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

She was inconsistent as she didn't say that in her affidavit. If you want to use Postal then you have to tie her suspicions to the killing of JFK as she had no idea that JDT had been killed.

Why would she think a killer of JFK in DP would be four miles away in Oak Cliff? Furthermore, why would the said killer be going into a movie theater instead of heading out of town?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #542 on: September 12, 2018, 10:48:20 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #543 on: September 12, 2018, 10:56:58 PM »
Okay, so you don't want to waste your time responding to a self confessed non expert. That's fine, I'll just return to my previous position of not responding to any of your posts, as there is no oint and I have other things to do and others to talk to. I have no intention of reading the 26 volumes at present - maybe one day when I've retired. We both know where we stand now so lets leave it and move on.

Why do all LNers misrepresent what other people say? Quote me saying that I only respond to "experts". If that were the case then I would never respond to LNers.

I said since you show no interest in learning the evidence (which is a prerequisite to understanding what really happened) then it is a waste of time to respond to you as you prefer biased opinion, speculation and made up scenarios instead.

How can anyone understand what happened if they don't know the evidence? You can't, but it is easier to blame the other person instead.