Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 142389 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #504 on: September 11, 2018, 11:46:20 PM »
Advertisement
All these words, but NO supporting evidence. No surprise there. Your main problem is -- she NEVER saw the man claimed to be LHO, therefore, she had NO way of knowing how he was acting.

Tell me why she thought a man that she never saw was a suspect in the killing of JFK when DP was miles away. Go ahead.

I think she said that she saw Oswald, it's just that she didn't see actually see him go through the door.

Mrs. POSTAL. Now, yes, sir; just about the time we opened, my employer had stayed and took the tickets because we change pictures on Thursday and want to do anything, he----and about this time I heard the sirens----police was racing back and forth.
Mr. BALL. On Jefferson?
Mrs. POSTAL. On Jefferson Boulevard, and then we made the remark, "Some thing is about to bust," or "pop," or something to that effect, so, it was just about----some sirens were going west, and my employer got in his car. He was parked in front, to go up to see where they were going. He, perhaps I said, he passed Oswald. At that time I didn't know it was Oswald. Had to bypass him, because as he went through this way, Oswald went through this way and ducked into the theatre there.
Mr. BALL. Let me see. Had you ever seen this man before then at that particular theatre?
Mrs. POSTAL. Not that I know of, huh-uh.
Mr. BALL. A police car had gone by just before this?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes, sir; going west.
Mr. BALL. Its siren on?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes; full blast.
Mr. BALL. And after you saw the police car go west with its siren on, why at the time the police car went west with its siren on, did you see the man that ducked? This man that you were----
Mrs. POSTAL. This man, yes; he ducked into the box office and----I don't know if you are familiar with the theatre.
Mr. BALL. Yes; I have seen the theatre.
Mrs. POSTAL. You have? Well, he was coming from east going west. In other words, he ducked right in.
Mr. BALL. Ducked in, what do you mean? He had come around the corner----
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes; and when the sirens went by he had a panicked look on his face, and he ducked in.

Mr. BALL. Now, as the car went by, you say the man ducked in, had you seen him before the car went by, the police went by?
Mrs. POSTAL. No, sir; I was looking up, as I say, when the cars passed, as you know, they make a tremendous noise, and he ducked in as my boss went that way to get in his car.
Mr. BALL. Who is your boss?
Mrs. POSTAL. Mr. John A. Callahan.
Mr. BALL. Where did you say he was?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes; I say, they bypassed each other, actually, the man ducked in this way and my employer went that-a-way, to get in his car.
Mr. BALL. When you say "ducked in," you mean he entered the door from the street?
Mrs. POSTAL. No, sir; just ducked into the other----into the outer part of it.
Mr. BALL. I see, out in the open space?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes, sir; just right around the corner.
Mr. BALL. Just right around the corner?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes.

Mr. BALL. And your boss passed him, did he?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes; they went----one came one way, and one went the other way just at the same time.
Mr. BALL. What did you see him do after became around the corner?
Mrs. POSTAL. Well, I didn't actually----because I stepped out of the box office and went to the front and was facing west. I was right at the box office facing west, because I thought .the police were stopping up quite a ways. Well, just as I turned around then Johnny Brewer was standing there and he asked me if the fellow that ducked in bought a ticket, and I said, "No; by golly, he didn't," and turned around expecting to see him.
Mr. BALL. And he had ducked in?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #504 on: September 11, 2018, 11:46:20 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #505 on: September 11, 2018, 11:57:00 PM »
I think she said that she saw Oswald, it's just that she didn't see actually see him go through the door.

Yes, she said that in her testimony, but that is in conflict with her other statements and with Brewer's account.

Mrs. POSTAL. Well, I didn't actually----because I stepped out of the box office and went to the front and was facing west. I was right at the box office facing west, because I thought .the police were stopping up quite a ways. Well, just as I turned around then Johnny Brewer was standing there and he asked me if the fellow that ducked in bought a ticket, and I said, "No; by golly, he didn't," and turned around expecting to see him.

. . .

Mr. BELIN - Then did you know when you saw him walk in and when you walked up to Julia Postal that he had not bought a ticket?
Mr. BREWER - I knew that he hadn't.
Mr. BELIN - Why did you ask Julia Postal whether he had or hadn't?
Mr. BREWER - I don't know.
Mr. BELIN - You just asked her?
Mr. BREWER - Just asked her whether he had bought or she had seen him go in.
Mr. BELIN - She---did she say whether she had seen him, or don't you remember?
Mr. BREWER - She said she couldn't remember a man of that description going in.

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #506 on: September 12, 2018, 02:55:10 AM »
:-)

See my earlier post.

They don't know. No one knows.

I've some knowledge but not an expert. Never claimed to be. The evidence of a conspiracy is not convincing to me but if there is some then I'd be happy to see it. There are clearly errors in the WC report and attempts to cover up mistakes, for various reasons. Witness reports are at times confused and confusing, but perhaps this is not surprising. But clear evidence of a conspiracy to assassinate JFK? Don't see it.

Ok.

If you don't know the evidence, and you seem not to, of course you don't see any evidence of a conspiracy. The best evidence of a conspiracy is found in the twenty-six volumes and CD's.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #506 on: September 12, 2018, 02:55:10 AM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #507 on: September 12, 2018, 02:57:54 AM »
As for "acting funny", even that is a stretch.

Mr. BELIN - Did you notice any of his actions when he was standing in your lobby there?
Mr. BREWER - No; he just stood there and stared.

I guess only cop killers stare. LOL.

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #508 on: September 12, 2018, 03:07:04 AM »

Mrs. POSTAL. Now, yes, sir; just about the time we opened, my employer had stayed and took the tickets because we change pictures on Thursday and want to do anything, he----and about this time I heard the sirens----police was racing back and forth.
Mr. BALL. On Jefferson?
Mrs. POSTAL. On Jefferson Boulevard, and then we made the remark, "Some thing is about to bust," or "pop," or something to that effect, so, it was just about----some sirens were going west, and my employer got in his car. He was parked in front, to go up to see where they were going. He, perhaps I said, he passed Oswald. At that time I didn't know it was Oswald. Had to bypass him, because as he went through this way, Oswald went through this way and ducked into the theatre there.
Mr. BALL. Let me see. Had you ever seen this man before then at that particular theatre?
Mrs. POSTAL. Not that I know of, huh-uh.
Mr. BALL. A police car had gone by just before this?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes, sir; going west.
Mr. BALL. Its siren on?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes; full blast.
Mr. BALL. And after you saw the police car go west with its siren on, why at the time the police car went west with its siren on, did you see the man that ducked? This man that you were----
Mrs. POSTAL. This man, yes; he ducked into the box office and----I don't know if you are familiar with the theatre.
Mr. BALL. Yes; I have seen the theatre.
Mrs. POSTAL. You have? Well, he was coming from east going west. In other words, he ducked right in.
Mr. BALL. Ducked in, what do you mean? He had come around the corner----
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes; and when the sirens went by he had a panicked look on his face, and he ducked in.

Mr. BALL. Now, as the car went by, you say the man ducked in, had you seen him before the car went by, the police went by?
Mrs. POSTAL. No, sir; I was looking up, as I say, when the cars passed, as you know, they make a tremendous noise, and he ducked in as my boss went that way to get in his car.
Mr. BALL. Who is your boss?
Mrs. POSTAL. Mr. John A. Callahan.
Mr. BALL. Where did you say he was?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes; I say, they bypassed each other, actually, the man ducked in this way and my employer went that-a-way, to get in his car.
Mr. BALL. When you say "ducked in," you mean he entered the door from the street?
Mrs. POSTAL. No, sir; just ducked into the other----into the outer part of it.
Mr. BALL. I see, out in the open space?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes, sir; just right around the corner.
Mr. BALL. Just right around the corner?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes.

Mr. BALL. And your boss passed him, did he?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes; they went----one came one way, and one went the other way just at the same time.
Mr. BALL. And he had ducked in?

You use the same site as your twin. Interesting. Explain why she wasn't sure if she sold him a ticket then if she saw him duck into the theater.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #508 on: September 12, 2018, 03:07:04 AM »

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #509 on: September 12, 2018, 03:10:28 AM »
The important thing is Brewer saw Saint Patsy and thought he was acting suspicously.

His wannabe attorney's insinuations and lamentations that Brewer didn't have a valid reason for being suspicous of Saint Patsy is an absolute absurdity.

Which is why the wannabe's pathetic argument is now morphing into 'they didn't have probable cause to search him'.

The 'didn't have reason to be suspicious of Saint Patsy' objection would be laughed out of court, much less a JFK assassination forum.

Oswald needs a better representative.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #510 on: September 12, 2018, 03:30:08 AM »
That's where one would have to go to look at the shoes.  Your point?  "Blankly".  LOL.

What, no front windows? My point is the 'guy' was lucky he was out of sight, eh?

Brewer says the 'guy' was standing by the tennis shoes. So he was buying Junie tennis shoes, huh?.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 04:39:02 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #510 on: September 12, 2018, 03:30:08 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #511 on: September 12, 2018, 04:46:53 AM »
I guess only cop killers stare. LOL.

Sample of Oswald with messed up hair, and what could reasonably be described as staring.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 05:07:14 AM by Bill Chapman »