Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 142515 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #304 on: September 03, 2018, 04:06:29 AM »
Advertisement
Having just killed the President, Oswald, who didn't expect to get out of the TSBD alive, suddenly finds himself outside the building, free as a bird and being able to go anywhere.

But, rather than trying to escape he spontaneously decides not to do so and instead take a walk in Oak Cliff.....

Yeah right, as if that makes a lot of sense

So he merely 'takes a walk' does he... and was arrested for 'looking funny' and not buying a ticket

Yeah, right
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 04:20:40 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #304 on: September 03, 2018, 04:06:29 AM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #305 on: September 03, 2018, 04:23:31 AM »
You write and express yourself as a moron would. Is that intentional?

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #306 on: September 03, 2018, 04:50:49 AM »

So he merely 'takes a walk' does he... and was arrested for 'looking funny' and not buying a ticket

Yeah, right

Well, he supposedly turned up walking down 10th street, didn't he?

Have you been there? I seriously doubt it, because if you had you would know it's a go nowhere street in the middle of an insignificant neighborhood. What else but taking a walk do you suggest he was doing there?   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #306 on: September 03, 2018, 04:50:49 AM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #307 on: September 03, 2018, 05:03:35 AM »
Knowing proper procedure is why I find many postings so damn entertaining.  You understand I?m sure.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #308 on: September 03, 2018, 05:02:28 PM »
Well, he supposedly turned up walking down 10th street, didn't he?

Have you been there? I seriously doubt it, because if you had you would know it's a go nowhere street in the middle of an insignificant neighborhood. What else but taking a walk do you suggest he was doing there?

I thought you lot said he was going to a movie
Guess he thought the theatre was on a 'go nowhere' street

But okay, sure, Martin... he was just 'out for a walk'

;)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 05:19:45 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #308 on: September 03, 2018, 05:02:28 PM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #309 on: September 04, 2018, 12:56:51 AM »
Simply, Oswald never expected to get out of the TSBD alive and had no game plan. Everything after the killing was spontaneous. He left Marina money and his wedding ring for a reason. He never expected to see her again.  This is conscientious of guilt and common sense based on the evidence.
When finally apprehended, he lied all weekend to DPD and his own brother with ? Don?t believe the evidence? comment.  It?s the best he could come up with.

Don't agree Paul. Oswald was emboldened by the fact that he fired at General Walker (and missed) in April 1963 and the Dallas Police never had a clue (literally) who was the shooter.

Lee Oswald probably estimated he could kill President Kennedy with one shot. In that event, nobody may have witnessed the shooter and his location. Unexpectedly he took three. Keep in mind that Oswald hurried down the back stairs of the TSBD... presumably intending to go out the back door near the loading dock. It may seem logical to you and me that we'd have no chance of escape after killing the President in broad daylight: Not Oswald. After he shot and killed Officer J.D. Tippit he muttered: "Poor dumb cop". An arrogant individual like Lee Harvey Oswald would likely think: "I'll get away with the crime of the century". Alternately, I'll lead the cops on a merry chase until they catch me. He was "playing it by ear" up to and until he went into the Texas Theater.

To answer the question posed by the subject of this debate: Oswald did not go to the movies (an entertainment). Oswald went to the theater (a building) to hide from his pursuers.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 01:12:30 AM by Ross Lidell »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #310 on: September 04, 2018, 01:14:32 AM »
Don't agree Paul. Oswald was emboldened by the fact that he fired at General Walker (and missed) in April 1963 and the Dallas Police never had a clue (literally) who was the shooter.

Lee Oswald probably estimated he could kill President Kennedy with one shot. In that event, nobody may have witnessed the shooter and his location. Keep in mind that Oswald hurried down the back stairs of the TSBD... presumably intending to go out the back door near the loading dock. It may seem logical to you and me that we'd have no chance of escape after killing the President in broad daylight: Not Oswald. After he shot and killed Officer J.D. Tippit he muttered: "Poor dumb cop". An arrogant individual like Lee Harvey Oswald would likely think: "I'll get away with the crime of the century". Alternately, I'll lead the cops on a merry chase until they catch me. He was "playing it by ear" up to and until he went into the Texas Theater.

To answer the question posed by the subject of this debate: Oswald did not go to the movies (an entertainment). Oswald went to the theater (a building) to hide from his pursuers.

CTers claim Oswald went to the theatre to see a movie, not to hide from anyone.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #310 on: September 04, 2018, 01:14:32 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #311 on: September 04, 2018, 08:32:12 PM »

;)

`You lot`... who would that be? Be precise!

Some people do indeed say that.

I imagine the same people who say Oswald went to a movie also say he was not at 10th/Patton.

Since he had no obvious purpose to be at 10th street, do you have any idea what he was doing there?

It seems a pretty silly thing to do, walking down a 'go nowhere' street just after having killed the President, don't you think?

CTers claim Oswald went to the theatre to see a movie, not to hide from anyone.

Actually, only some people claim he went to see a movie. Others believe he went there for a meeting with his CIA handler
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 01:54:13 AM by Martin Weidmann »