Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 143755 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2018, 07:12:45 AM »
Advertisement
But then he leaves a back alley to walk down a major thoroughfare and stops in front of a shoe store in full view of the sales clerk long enough to "look scared" just for good measure.

So much for being careful.  But then whatever you think Oswald did that day "proves" that he's guilty.

You mean in a court of law? Where did I say I could prove anything here?

;)

Yeah, stay in the alley and expose oneself, for example, to someone gazing out the bathroom or kitchen window or even taking the garbage out, seeing a complete stranger lurking about. Said citizen(s) possibly knowing there was a manhunt underway. Shortly after the assassination. And with the cop killing scene not far away.

Yep. Stay in that alley. Great plan!

Pretty sure Dirty Harvey's first order of business would be to avoid the police cars. And talking about the 'dishonesty' you seem so fond of laying at the feet of us poor lemmings, where do you get the idea that Oswald was standing in front of the store?  Brewer clearly states (in his affidavit) that Oswald was in the lobby.

Clearly the caution shown re his drop-off location near his boarding house was repeated upon taking steps to afford himself better cover in the shoe store lobby.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:41:50 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2018, 07:12:45 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2018, 03:36:16 PM »
John the Never-ending Story Man
Man, your standard-of-proof level is downright insane

Wrong.  It's your standard of proof that is insane.  You believe that something is probably true, but you don't even know why.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2018, 03:39:59 PM »
Yeah, stay in the alley and expose oneself, for example, to someone gazing out the bathroom or kitchen window or even taking the garbage out, seeing a complete stranger lurking about. Said citizen(s) possibly knowing there was a manhunt underway. Shortly after the assassination. And with the cop killing scene not far away.

Sure, much better plan to walk down a major thoroughfare with many more people.  At least nobody would be gazing out their bathroom window.  Do you ever listen to yourself?

Pretty sure Dirty Harvey's first order of business would be to avoid the police cars. And talking about the 'dishonesty' you seem so fond of laying at the feet of us poor lemmings, where do you get the idea that Oswald was standing in front of the store?  Brewer clearly states (in his affidavit) that Oswald was in the lobby.

Clearly the caution shown re his drop-off location near his boarding house was repeated upon taking steps to afford himself better cover in the shoe store lobby.

This is probably your biggest face-palm moment yet.  If you are going to be so arrogant, you might try learning about the case first.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2018, 03:39:59 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #267 on: April 13, 2018, 04:41:01 PM »
  I have been listening closely to John Armstrong's YouTube video which goes into a lot of detail about the Tippit shooting and the activities of Captain Westbrook from the time of the Tippit shooting  until Oswald is arrested at the theater According to this video Captain Westbrook leaves the book depository to investigate the Tippit shooting around 1.20. Then according to the video Westbrook and three others go to Texaco station where they find the jacket under mysterious circumstances I believe this is the gas station where someone else here has stated is part of the story about the wallet It sounds like Westbrook is at the site of the Tippit shooting for less than 5 minutes around 140 Apparently it is at this time when the picture of Westbrook is at the Tippit shooting scene I assume? There is also asuggestion by the author that Westbrook may have been there at the initial time of the shooting though he seems to admit that is mostly speculation

The other interesting fact is the video points to JFK researcher Leo Savitch sp? and his interview with Dallas Assistant DA Bowie. According to the the video Savich claims  Bowie told him that 6 phone calls came in about suspicious activity about the TT  shortly before they sent officers there  Looks like , smells like?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:47:00 PM by Matt Grantham »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2018, 05:06:01 PM »
Yep, Westbrook was quite the johnny-on-the-spot that day, especially considering he was a personnel officer.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2018, 05:06:01 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #269 on: April 13, 2018, 05:12:20 PM »
 I try to minimze inferences, but if Westbrook was in possession of Oswald's wallet after the Tippit shooting he either had to be there at the time of the shooting and have grabbed the wallet before anyone else arrived, or he received it from Oswald #2 Lee Oswald with the white jacket In this scenario Oswald 2 is apparently the actual killer of Tippit

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2018, 05:39:55 PM »
John the Never-ending Story Man

Are you going to argue all this over&and&over&over, ad nauseum, until the end of time?

If you have an opinion about that, you surely must have one about just how low the standard of proof should be.

So please tell us all; just how much should be ignored and dismissed to achieve the standard of proof you prefer?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2018, 05:39:55 PM »

Offline Brian Walker

« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2018, 05:52:49 PM »
You mean in a court of law? Where did I say I could prove anything here?

;)

I am still waiting for John  to tell give is the plan that makes sense for Oswald. I guess John thinks it would have been a good idea to wait in the alley. For how long? 

John proves once again that he does not understand how hindsight works. Such a problem for so many, How would Oswald at that point know that it had not already been reported that a guy who resembles him is in the alley? Could Oswald know exactly what was happening on the main street until he got there? Sounds like another example of John not understanding how hindsight works. Won't even bother again with John's silly argument that Oswald should have known Brewer was \watching him. That hindsight thing again.

I don't know what Oswald's plans were but getting into a movie house is about the best thing he could do if he just wanted to kill some time ( which i believe he was doing ) until he was arrested. What better place could you go then a dark movie house? If Brewer did not see Oswald and he was able to get into the TT without being noticed he maybe could have been there for a long time.

But John knows that Oswald should have known that Brewer would have noticed him and reported it.