Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 143894 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2018, 12:23:39 AM »
Advertisement
I have addressed your silly claims with substantive respones.

I haven't seen a substantive response from you ever.  Mark is exactly right.  You're all insults and strawmen.  So your complaining about Mark's insults is really rich.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2018, 12:23:39 AM »

Offline Brian Walker

« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »
Fine, no problem.

Your highlighted statement, and consequently what follows, makes no sense as it has nothing to do with hindsight. Hindsight is what he would have done HAD he known whatever that might be. For all Oswald KNEW he was in the clear.

It is hindsight Tom. It's your hindsight. You made the argument that Truly vouching for Oswald 45 minutes earlier would have shown Oswald that he had nothing to worry about while buying a ticket from Postal. You can make this statement because you know that no employee came forward minutes after that and told the cops that they saw Oswald shoot JFK. Oswald couldn't look back at the evidence to know exactly what was happening.

There is no way that Oswald could have known that his description and maybe name and even a picture were not out there at that point. You know it is not so because you can look back and see everything that happened. 

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2018, 04:48:39 PM »
There is no way that Oswald could have known that his description and maybe name and even a picture were not out there.

Exactly right. Why take the chance? Same with his decision to be careful about his rooming house drop-off location.

Every one of us has had situations when we imagine the worst no matter if the reality seems to dictate otherwise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's it... it's all over now. Poor dumb cop. That's it... it's all over now. Poor dumb cop. That's it... it's all over now. Poor dumb cop.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 05:57:04 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2018, 04:48:39 PM »

Offline Brian Walker

« Reply #243 on: April 11, 2018, 05:06:13 PM »
Exactly right. Why take the chance? Same with his decision to be careful about his rooming house drop-off location.

Every one of us has had situations when we imagine the worst no matter if the reality seems to dictate otherwise.

That's it, it's all over now. Poor dumb cop. That's it, it's all over now. Poor dumb cop. That's it; it's all over now. Poor dumb cop. That's it; it's all over now. Poor dumb cop. That's it; it's all over now. Poor dumb cop.

Exactly. I was going to bring up the rooming house incident as an example of Oswald not being sure what was going on but figured that would start some argument about that.

I made that argument before and John I made it clear that he does understand hindsight either. He was arguing  that it made no sense for Oswald to be worried at that point because the word was not out yet. I could not get it through to him.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2018, 05:20:44 PM »
Exactly. I was going to bring up the rooming house incident as an example of Oswald not being sure what was going on but figured that would start some argument about that.

I made that argument before and John I made it clear that he does understand hindsight either. He was arguing  that it made no sense for Oswald to be worried at that point because the word was not out yet. I could not get it through to him.

He's arguing from the perspective of a defence lawyer. And of a troll. And from the notion that Oswald was innocent so why would he have cause to be nervous. He reminds me of the Melissa McCarthy 'Sean Spicer' impression, on the podium running around bashing into people (but wearing a powdered wig and lawyer's robes)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 05:40:43 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2018, 05:20:44 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2018, 10:26:14 PM »

But then he leaves a back alley to walk down a major thoroughfare and stops in front of a shoe store in full view of the sales clerk long enough to "look scared" just for good measure.

So much for being careful.  But then whatever you think Oswald did that day "proves" that he's guilty.

Offline Brian Walker

« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2018, 10:29:01 PM »
But then he leaves a back alley to walk down a major thoroughfare and stops in front of a shoe store in full view of the sales clerk long enough to "look scared" just for good measure.

So much for being careful.  But then whatever you think Oswald did that day "proves" that he's guilty.

Good point John.  He should have just stayed in a back alley.

That hindsight thing again. John knows about Brewer because he has studied the case. Oswald did not know that a sales clerk would be watching him.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 10:37:18 PM by Brian Walker »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2018, 10:29:01 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2018, 10:32:38 PM »

It has nothing to do with the word not being out.  Oswald certainly knew that nobody at the TSBD or even Marina or Ruth knew where he was rooming.

It's also the same inconsistent behavior that doesn't fit with your hypothesis.  If Oswald was trying to evade the cops, why get let off on Beckley St and go running back to the rooming house in full view of any cops that would have been on their way to the rooming house?