Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 142397 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2018, 08:17:14 AM »
Advertisement

You have no qualms about deciding for Frazier that he intentionally misrepresented the bag he saw.
> Show us where I said that. Pretty sure I only said that it was possible that Buell might have done so.

Answer the questions, Bill. Why did he move back to a Dallas suburb and have an entire career there if he moved away to "protect his family"?
> Ask Buell.   

And if he intentionally misrepresented the bag in 1963 "to protect his family" Why does he still say it wasn't the same bag?
> Duh. You're still missing the concept of distancing oneself from possible charges of involvement in the crime.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 08:36:05 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2018, 08:17:14 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2018, 01:23:14 PM »
Just more moronic games.  You have repeatedly cited Frazier's estimate of the bag size to refute the conclusion that Oswald carried a longer bag found on the 6th floor.  Are you now confirming he could have been wrong and the bag could have been longer than he estimated?  It is bizarre to repeatedly cite Frazier's claim that Oswald carried a two-foot long bag but then cite Dougherty's inconsistent claim that Oswald had nothing in his hands.  They both cannot be true.   Either Oswald had a bag or not.  Oswald himself said he carried a bag.  Frazier said he had a bag.  That would seemingly be conclusive of the issue that he had something in his hands and prove Dougherty wrong.  But you cited his testimony anyway without acknowledging that it undermines your previous argument that Oswald had a two-foot long bag in his hands that morning.  Dishonest but the norm.

Oswald himself said he carried a bag.

That's according to Fritz.... The truth is:  We don't know what Lee said....And you generally deny anything that Lee reportedly said.....calling him a liar,  So why do you cite his alleged statement now?

Offline Steve Thomas

« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2018, 03:09:44 PM »
The theory that Oswald was heading to an Alpha 66 Safe House near Oak Cliff (the Harlandale house) before his encounter with Officer Tippit seems pretty compelling. Oswald was allegedly seen visiting a home known to be used by Cuban Exiles in the weeks or days leading up to 11/22/63.

The visit to the Texas Theater may have been an unplanned detour.

Jon,

There are a couple of possibilities.

Patton is east of Beckley. The Theater is west of Beckley.

If Oswald had been heading east, if you look at a Google Maps page, you'll see that Jack Ruby's apartment is in that direction.
So is the Library at Jefferson and Marsalis.
Maybe he was headed for the Library, and the sight and sounds of all the sirens headed in that direction caused him to double back.
Course the Dallas Zoo is over there too.

I put up some thoughts on a possible Rambler lead connected to that house on  Harlandale here, in case you're interested:
http://myjfksite.weebly.com/

Steve Thomas

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2018, 03:09:44 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2018, 04:13:03 PM »
""Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, oh--it's like this--I'll try to explain it to you this way--- you see, I was sitting on the wrapping table and when he came in the door, I just caught him out of the corner of my eye---that's the reason why I said it that way.
Mr. BALL - Did he come in with anybody?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - No.
Mr. BALL - He was alone?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes; he was alone.
Mr. BALL - Do you recall him having anything in his hand?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I didn't see anything, if he did.
Mr. BALL - Did you pay enough attention to him, you think, that you would remember whether he did or didn't?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I believe I can---yes, sir---I'll put it this way; I didn't see anything in his hands at the time.
Mr. BALL - In other words, your memory is definite on that is it?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL - In other words, you would say positively he had nothing in his hands?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - I would say that---yes, sir.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »
""Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, oh--it's like this--I'll try to explain it to you this way--- you see, I was sitting on the wrapping table and when he came in the door, I just caught him out of the corner of my eye---that's the reason why I said it that way.
Mr. DOUGHERTY - No.
Mr. BALL - He was alone?
Mr. BALL - Did you pay enough attention to him, you think, that you would remember whether he did or didn't?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I believe I can---yes, sir---I'll put it this way; I didn't see anything in his hands at the time.
Mr. BALL - In other words, you would say positively he had nothing in his hands?

If Lee had been carrying a huge paper sack like CE 142.....  Dougherty certainly would have noticed it ...as would all of the other employees who were present there in the mustering in area.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 07:18:43 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »

Oswald himself said he carried a bag.

That's according to Fritz.... The truth is:  We don't know what Lee said....And you generally deny anything that Lee reportedly said.....calling him a liar,  So why do you cite his alleged statement now?

Fritz didn't even say that.  Richard just made it up.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2018, 05:14:06 PM »
You mean the same Dougherty who saw Oswald only out of the corner of his eye? That's right... don't mention that part.

When did Dougherty say that he saw Oswald only out of the corner of his eye?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2018, 05:14:06 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2018, 06:28:45 PM »
Mr. DOUGHERTY - No.
Mr. BALL - He was alone?

You missed this part...

Mr. DOUGHERTY: I recall vaguely having seen Lee Oswald, when he came to work at about 8 a.m. today."
Mr. BALL - Now, is that a very definite impression that you saw him that morning when he came to work?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, oh--it's like this--I'll try to explain it to you this way--- you see, I was sitting on the wrapping table and when he came in the door, I just caught him out of the corner of my eye*---that's the reason why I said it that way.

*Indirectly
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 06:32:05 PM by Bill Chapman »