Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 142442 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2018, 06:50:24 PM »
Advertisement
Dougherty did say that though.

Yes, but Shelley never did.

You know what else Dougherty said?

"I didn't see anything in his hands at the time"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2018, 06:50:24 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2018, 04:41:11 PM »
Yes, but Shelley never did.

You know what else Dougherty said?

"I didn't see anything in his hands at the time"

I guess that rules out Oswald carrying his lunch - as he claimed - or a two foot long bag which you previously swore must be the gospel truth since Frazier said so.  Oh well, narrative consistency was never an issue for you.  It can be true if you want it to be in one instance and false in another.  That is the definition of a lazy contrarian.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2018, 06:29:47 PM »
I'll remember that the next time you do your usual grandstanding about calling witnesses liars.

You're aware, aren't you, that Lewisville is a suburb of Dallas?  And to this day he has never wavered from what the bag he saw looked like.  Are you suggesting that he's still "afraid for his family"?

How is pointing out that you and others deign to inform readers what witnesses really saw or really said or what they really would have done qualify as 'grandstanding' on my part, exactly?

I put family before everything... same as Buell did, as we've seen. And Brennan. Maybe contact the man who interviewed Buell for the article. Anyway, Buell said so in the article. Is he fearful for his family now? Ask him... you claim you 'talked' to him FFS.

Of course Bueller never wavered from his description of the bag. Duh. Read the article and discover that he didn't want to be remembered as the man who delivered the prime suspect to the eventual scene of the crime. And find that he lost a job over that.

You're aware, aren't you, that Buell joined the army and lived in Denver, Colorado and Portland, Oregan. Pretty sure those locations aren't Dallas suburbs.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 06:44:24 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2018, 06:29:47 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2018, 07:33:23 PM »
I guess that rules out Oswald carrying his lunch - as he claimed - or a two foot long bag which you previously swore must be the gospel truth since Frazier said so.

When did I ever swear this must be the gospel truth since Frazier said so?  Do you ever get tired of making things up?

Can you prove that Oswald carried CE 142 into the building and that it had CE 139 inside it?  Or can you not?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 07:38:32 PM by John Iacoletti »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2018, 07:37:50 PM »
How is pointing out that you and others deign to inform readers what witnesses really saw or really said or what they really would have done qualify as 'grandstanding' on my part, exactly?

You have no qualms about deciding for Frazier that he intentionally misrepresented the bag he saw.

You're aware, aren't you, that Buell joined the army and lived in Denver, Colorado and Portland, Oregan. Pretty sure those locations aren't Dallas suburbs.

Answer the questions, Bill. Why did he move back to a Dallas suburb and have an entire career there if he moved away to "protect his family"? And if he intentionally misrepresented the bag in 1963 "to protect his family", why does he still say it wasn't the same bag?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2018, 07:37:50 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2018, 09:53:39 PM »
When did I ever swear this must be the gospel truth since Frazier said so?  Do you ever get tired of making things up?

Can you prove that Oswald carried CE 142 into the building and that it had CE 139 inside it?  Or can you not?

Just more moronic games.  You have repeatedly cited Frazier's estimate of the bag size to refute the conclusion that Oswald carried a longer bag found on the 6th floor.  Are you now confirming he could have been wrong and the bag could have been longer than he estimated?  It is bizarre to repeatedly cite Frazier's claim that Oswald carried a two-foot long bag but then cite Dougherty's inconsistent claim that Oswald had nothing in his hands.  They both cannot be true.   Either Oswald had a bag or not.  Oswald himself said he carried a bag.  Frazier said he had a bag.  That would seemingly be conclusive of the issue that he had something in his hands and prove Dougherty wrong.  But you cited his testimony anyway without acknowledging that it undermines your previous argument that Oswald had a two-foot long bag in his hands that morning.  Dishonest but the norm.   

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2018, 10:45:57 PM »
Just more moronic games.

I'll take that as a "no".  You can't prove that Oswald carried CE 142 into the building and that it had CE 139 inside it.

You have repeatedly cited Frazier's estimate of the bag size to refute the conclusion that Oswald carried a longer bag found on the 6th floor.

I pointed out that the only people to have seen a bag in Oswald's hands said that CE142 was not that bag.  Do you have some evidence that it was?  Any evidence?

Are you now confirming he could have been wrong and the bag could have been longer than he estimated?

Sure, anybody could have been wrong.  Brennan could have been wrong.  Markham could have been wrong.  I don't see how that helps you prove that Oswald carried CE 142 into the building and that it had CE 139 inside it.

It is bizarre to repeatedly cite Frazier's claim that Oswald carried a two-foot long bag but then cite Dougherty's inconsistent claim that Oswald had nothing in his hands.  They both cannot be true.

Of course they can both be true.  Just because Oswald had some bag in the parking lot doesn't mean that he carried it past Dougherty.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 10:48:42 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2018, 10:45:57 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2018, 05:27:49 AM »
Hey, Wesley.  A few years back a comedian was making fun of Depends underwear
as to why any person would buy a product with such a name. 

Will this type of underwear be helpful in case I have an accident? 

Depends.

So, why did Oswald go to the movies?

Depends.

Was he the lone gunman and murdered Tippit as well?  Was he involved in a team?  Was he innocent
and afraid for his life?  Was he going to a safe house and he encountered and murdered Tippit?  Was he planning to kill someone else before he encountered Tippit?  Did he have his own escape plan where he would wait in the dark and leave at night?  Was he involved and went to the TT to meet his contact? 
And, on and on ...

Depends.

The theory that Oswald was heading to an Alpha 66 Safe House near Oak Cliff (the Harlandale house) before his encounter with Officer Tippit seems pretty compelling. Oswald was allegedly seen visiting a home known to be used by Cuban Exiles in the weeks or days leading up to 11/22/63.

The visit to the Texas Theater may have been an unplanned detour.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 05:43:10 AM by Jon Banks »