Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 143878 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2018, 09:05:49 PM »
Advertisement
Mr. FRAZIER - I said from where I noticed he had it cupped in his hands. And I don't see how you could have it anywhere other than under your armpit because if you had it cupped in your hand it would stick over it.

...and did it stick over it?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2018, 09:05:49 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2018, 09:13:30 PM »
...and did it stick over it?

It did not show above the shoulder because Oswald had it extended out in front of him, supporting it with his other hand.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2018, 10:28:28 PM »
It did not show above the shoulder because Oswald had it extended out in front of him, supporting it with his other hand.

At a 45 degree angle?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2018, 10:28:28 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2018, 10:30:50 PM »
Well there is this. Mrs. Robert Reid told him that the president was shot at.

Mr. BELIN. And then what did you do?

Mrs. REID. Well, I kept walking and I looked up and Oswald was coming in the back door of the office. I met him by the time I passed my desk several feet and  I told him, I said, "Oh, the President has been shot, but maybe they didn't hit him."

He mumbled something to me, I kept walking, he did, too. I didn't pay any attention to what he said because I had no thoughts of anything of him having any connection with it at all because he was very calm. He had gotten a coke and was holding it in his hands and I guess the reason it impressed me seeing him in there I thought it was a little strange that one of -the warehouse boys would be up in the office at the time, not that he had done anything wrong. The only time I had seen him in the office was to come and get change and he already had his coke in his hand so he didn't come for change and I dismissed him. I didn't think anything else.

That doesn't mean that he heard or understood her.  He may have been mumbling "sorry, I didn't hear what you said" for all anybody knows.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2018, 07:26:19 AM »
As I said ? now look who?s calling witnesses liars!

Really? Where to? Is this another one of your ?recollections??

Kudos to Buell for putting his family first
Like Brennan did

And a damn good reason for claiming the bag
was too small to contain a rifle. See Buell confirm
those fears below, and protect his best bud at
the same time.

Another twofer  ;)

----------------------------------------------------

Yep. Another one of my recollections:

Travis Buell Frazier feared for his family
Paul Thompson in Dallas for the Daily Mail Online

Quote Buell Frazier:

'I was working as a manager of a clothing store in a job I really enjoyed. One day I was called into the office and told I was being let go. It was because they found out I had given Lee a lift to work on the day Kennedy died. Another  time I was at a school reunion and a teacher came up to me and just said: "You should be ashamed of yourself." When I asked why she said it was because of Oswald. That really bothered me. To think that people could think I had something to do with the President's death was really awful.'

Buell was so afraid that he might be killed by people seeking revenge for JFK's death that he moved from Dallas, joined the Army and lived in Denver, Colorado and Portland, Oregon

'I did not want people to know,' he said. 'I didn't do anything wrong but some people would not accept that. Some people think I am guilty that I helped Oswald. All I did was give him a ride to work.'

His first marriage ended in 1987 and he re-married in 1988. He is now retired from his job with the Lewisville School Board where as a receiving clerk he was responsible for stocking schools with equipment and furniture.

'Most people remember where they were when they heard JFK had been killed but I have had to live with the knowledge that the man they say killed him was in my car on that day,' said Buell.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 07:42:25 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2018, 07:26:19 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2018, 08:22:25 AM »

Dougherty did say that though.

Exactly, all I did was quote Dougherty and Fratini went ballistic.

Mr. BALL - Did you ever see Lee Oswald carry any sort of large package?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I didn't, but some of the fellows said they did.
Mr. BALL - Who said that?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, Bill Shelley, he told me that he thought he saw him carrying a fairly good-sized package.
Mr. BALL - When did Shelley tell you that?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, it was--the day after it happened.

And btw, Frazier saw Oswald carrying the package and entering the Annex door which was not the same door that Dougherty saw.

JohnM

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:49:56 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2018, 09:10:57 AM »

Exactly, all I did was quote Dougherty and Fratini went ballistic.

Mr. BALL - Did you ever see Lee Oswald carry any sort of large package?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I didn't, but some of the fellows said they did.
Mr. BALL - Who said that?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, Bill Shelley, he told me that he thought he saw him carrying a fairly good-sized package.
Mr. BALL - When did Shelley tell you that?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, it was--the day after it happened.

And btw, Frazier saw Oswald carrying the package and entering the Annex door which was not the same door that Dougherty saw.

JohnM

Hearsay doesn't count as you know, John.

Strange that Shelley never mentioned even seeing Oswald when he arrived at the TSBD.

Mr. BALL - On the 22d of November 1963, did you see him come to work that morning?
Mr. SHELLEY - No, he was at work when I got there already filling orders.

How could he have seen him holding a bag?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2018, 09:10:57 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2018, 06:46:49 PM »
Kudos to Buell for putting his family first
Like Brennan did

And a damn good reason for claiming the bag
was too small to contain a rifle. See Buell confirm
those fears below, and protect his best bud at
the same time.

Another twofer  ;)

I'll remember that the next time you do your usual grandstanding about calling witnesses liars.

His first marriage ended in 1987 and he re-married in 1988. He is now retired from his job with the Lewisville School Board where as a receiving clerk he was responsible for stocking schools with equipment and furniture.

You're aware, aren't you, that Lewisville is a suburb of Dallas?  And to this day he has never wavered from what the bag he saw looked like.  Are you suggesting that he's still "afraid for his family"?