Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 142466 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2018, 03:42:17 AM »
Advertisement
...and while we're at it:

https://wikidiff.com/pistol/revolver

All that proves is that not all people are gun-nuts
Marina, Brennan etc indicated they knew little or nothing about guns.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2018, 03:42:17 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2018, 04:02:10 AM »
Bill,

when are you going to finally stop playing your childish word games?

The most critical observation was that on the night of 22/11/1963 - in front of Law Enforcement Officers - neither LMR nor BWF recognized an unstained CE 142 as being in the possession of Lee Harvey Oswald that very morning.

When is it going to finally sink into your head?

The FBI expert made it absolutely clear - CE 142 was an oblong shaped home made paper bag that was 38 inches in length, with an open untapered and untaped end. In addition, there was NO evidence that any weapon was inside it.

The bag was found in the sniper's nest with Oswald's prints on it. It was long enough for Oswald to carry his rifle in. Linnie Mae's original estimate of its length was about three feet.  You cannot get around those facts no matter how hard you try. Frazier admitted that he never paid any attention to the bag.  He has a record of being unobservant and of underestimating the length of objects.   Linnie Mae's original estimate is almost dead on.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2018, 04:07:45 AM »

A rifle is not a gun. It is a rifle. Oswald did not bring a gun. He brought a rifle.

Maybe his 'gun' (as defined in the Full Metal Jacket scene) was more of a pea-shooter

The basic definition of gun includes rifles, revolvers, pistols, shotguns... and even anti-aircraft guns FFS... not to mention staple guns, grease guns

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2018, 04:07:45 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2018, 04:23:30 AM »
I think this is exactly right. Except I don?t know any LNers who would disagree with you and say Oswald did have a plan for after the shooting. I think he did not expect to escape capture. He did not have any chance of shooting his way out of Dealey Plaza, so he did not bring a gun.

So I think Oswald was just putting distance between him and the boarding house, probably thinking about what to do next. Possibly try to catch a bus. Or maybe hop on a freight train. Who knows. He might not have decided yet when he was spotted by Officer Tippit, looking suspicious in some manner.

Arguably, the Walker incident sets a precedent regarding Oswald's maybe not expecting to come back from a night on the town... or a day at the office.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 04:28:47 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2018, 04:29:47 AM »
The bag was found in the sniper's nest with Oswald's prints on it. It was long enough for Oswald to carry his rifle in. Linnie Mae's original estimate of its length was about three feet.  You cannot get around those facts no matter how hard you try. Frazier admitted that he never paid any attention to the bag.  He has a record of being unobservant and of underestimating the length of objects.   Linnie Mae's original estimate is almost dead on.

A bag was recovered at some time after the rifle was discovered, somewhere near the SE corner of the 6th floor on the afternoon of the assassination by someone. Det Studebaker claimed he fingerprinted the bag and found a partial print and placed tape over it. It was removed from the building by Det. Montgomery around 3pm and placed into evidence at DPD. It was sent to the FBI labs via Vincent Drain around midnight. The labs found no tape but developed a separate  finger and palm print using silver nitrate and identified them to be Oswalds. Linnie May Randle was interviewed by the FBI, who claimed she estimated the length to be around 3 feet. She later testified that the package was close to the length consistently estimated by her brother.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2018, 04:29:47 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2018, 04:45:38 AM »
By whom?

Studebaker didn't find any prints on CE 142. The prints were found outside of the TSBD in the possession of the FBI. Does that mean Lee constructed CE 142?

was about three feet. 

Please - I don't know whether you are joking or trying to yank my chain Tim. LMR who was behind a window cleaning the dishes and took a quick glance at Lee now made the most accurate guesstimate yet fails to recognize it that evening nor could construct one of the correct size? Spare me Tim. That's equivalent to Jack Dougherty failing to see the 38 inch paper bag because he was looking at the corner of his eye.

Frazier admitted that he never paid any attention to the bag

and one thing that destroys ALL of your arguments was that BWF made a direct observation of how Lee carried the paper bag  from only a few feet away. We BOTH know what he said and you have seen my thread.

It never ceases to amaze me Tim, how you attribute super powers to the weakest of witnesses. Hold on - YES I do know why.

CE 142 was never in Lee's possession that morning - we have LMR, BWF and JED to tell us that Tim.

Read BWF's testimony again - you will be left with no doubt what he observed. If you don't believe it take it up with BWF.

He was the man who drove the assassin to work FFS. He would face the death penalty if convicted. Duh.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2018, 04:54:39 AM »
By whom?

Studebaker didn't find any prints on CE 142. The prints were found outside of the TSBD in the possession of the FBI. Does that mean Lee constructed CE 142?

was about three feet. 

Please - I don't know whether you are joking or trying to yank my chain Tim. LMR who was behind a window cleaning the dishes and took a quick glance at Lee now made the most accurate guesstimate yet fails to recognize it that evening nor could construct one of the correct size? Spare me Tim. That's equivalent to Jack Dougherty failing to see the 38 inch paper bag because he was looking at the corner of his eye.

Frazier admitted that he never paid any attention to the bag

and one thing that destroys ALL of your arguments was that BWF made a direct observation of how Lee carried the paper bag  from only a few feet away. We BOTH know what he said and you have seen my thread.

It never ceases to amaze me Tim, how you attribute super powers to the weakest of witnesses. Hold on - YES I do know why.

CE 142 was never in Lee's possession that morning - we have LMR, BWF and JED to tell us that Tim.

Read BWF's testimony again - you will be left with no doubt what he observed. If you don't believe it take it up with BWF.

Oswald's prints were on the bag. That means that he handled the bag. No prints of the other employees of the TSBD were found on the bag. Oswald's rifle, broken down, would fit inside of that bag. It was found it the sniper's nest near the shell casings that had been fired in Oswald's rifle. Linnie Mae's description of the bag she saw matched with that bag.  Frazier admitted that Oswald could have carried the bag in such a way that it's full length would not have been viewable to him. If you have a problem with that take it up with him, The logical conclusion is that Oswald made that bag and carried his rifle in it that morning.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2018, 04:54:39 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2018, 04:57:57 AM »
A bag was recovered at some time after the rifle was discovered, somewhere near the SE corner of the 6th floor on the afternoon of the assassination by someone. Det Studebaker claimed he fingerprinted the bag and found a partial print and placed tape over it. It was removed from the building by Det. Montgomery around 3pm and placed into evidence at DPD. It was sent to the FBI labs via Vincent Drain around midnight. The labs found no tape but developed a separate  finger and palm print using silver nitrate and identified them to be Oswalds. Linnie May Randle was interviewed by the FBI, who claimed she estimated the length to be around 3 feet. She later testified that the package was close to the length consistently estimated by her brother.

Original statements generally carry more weight than statements made later on. do they not? By "testified that the package was close to the length consistently estimated by her brother" you mean she said it was 27 inches in length right?